Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
At the Torch Institute...

It's only me, or is the Torch Institute...

:hmmm:

Yoshiyyahu
DC Spoilers
The Faceless give very specific directions. Proceed east of the warehouse.

I went east and now I am just going through transition after transition. I still see those Faceless Gaunts though, so I guess I am on the right track. And another Faceless road block.

Goromorg

Savant
Tchort is the reason why the game can't be translated into russian. "Институт Чёрта" sounds derailed as fuck.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have been trying to make some Tactical Vests but nowhere I can find the second component for it (well checked CC merchant level, Rail Crossing and SGS). What is the best armor to make for stealth character with Nimble feat?
Since you have Nimble, I assume you're going for dodge/evasion. Siphoner leather is the best thing since it adds a bonus to your defenses. Add siphoner tabi boots into the mix and you'll quickly become untouchable. Late game you can upgrade to infused siphoner leather.
Yea I got dodge and evasion almost maxed.
I could go kill some siphoners but their skin would probably be low quality (I know about those near Junkyard and maybe some in CC docks) while I was able to buy high quality carrier vests, I just cannot find any ballistic plates. I like tactical vests because of bonus vs bullets while they can still give bonus to stealth.

Where do I get these infused versions?

epeli

Arcane
By the way, Styg epeli , why do various abilities still have "progress bars" when you use them during TB combat? It's just a waste of time.

For situational awareness? Styg probably left them in so you can see which abilities NPCs are using without resorting to spammy combat log. Same reason scrolling combat text exists. The "cast times" are shorter in TB mode, so them being left in must be deliberate choice.

hell bovine

Arcane
Now I'm wondering: is there any relation between Tchort and Tchernobog?
I haven't found anything about Tchernobog in Underrail. :?

One possible explanation for Tchernobog is that it could be a mistake made by a Saxon chronicler, who wrote down that Tchernobog is what the Slavs call their evil deity or the devil, whereas they might have simply been talking about tchort. I tend to agree with that, because in my opinion the good vs evil dualism isn't as strong in the pagan religions, and people at that time tried to re-imagine a lot of pagan folklore in line with christian teachings.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
DC spoiler

FFS, I talk to the Faceless commander and let his goon do his mind reading thing. There is only one dialogue option and that is with Thought Control, which then causes the commander to attack me and I get rekt. Is this meant to happen? I can understand it if I choose to use Thought Control to resist or whatever but I have no option whatsoever.

Suchy

Arcane
Anything Russian sounds is pretty fucking derailed.
It is better to be derailed than to have English as mother language. No offense, bratishka.

Tchernobog means The Black God. So there is a relation, although a closer synonim to Tchort is "Fiend".
In Potatospeak tchort (czart, czort) is pretty much a synonim of "devil" or an evil demon, though a bit archaic.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

Shouldn't be any. Tchernobog came from the pagan slavic myths, Tchort is the low-rank christian demon. It's also quite a wide slavic term so you shouldn't be too surprised to find equally sounding words in both polish, russian and probably serbian/croatian too (whoever the Styg is). It's more about the impact of word in the different cultures - in russians, it's basically an imp, something that's more comedic than threatening (imagine University of Imp). Also, in russian criminal slang "tchort" is a term for the lowest-ranked prisoners, only slightly above faggots in terms of hierarchy. That also doesn't help the atmosphere, I think.

But, well, russian translation of Underrail will be a pain in the ass simply because the titular word - Underrail - can't be really translated without sounding really, really stupid. It's just the phonetic thing.

circ

Arcane
Found a bug I guess. In Junkyard if you kill Treasa and then talk to Grover and ask him for money and intimidate him into an alternative, he'll still talk about Treasa. Then you meet Grover in the back alley - no Treasa, shoot Grover, deliver his head, and Grover wanting to meet you and Treasa quest is still open in the log.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Found a bug I guess. In Junkyard if you kill Treasa and then talk to Grover and ask him for money and intimidate him into an alternative, he'll still talk about Treasa. Then you meet Grover in the back alley - no Treasa, shoot Grover, deliver his head, and Grover wanting to meet you and Treasa quest is still open in the log.

Yeah, quest needs an extra node where you meet Grover alone, he says "I couldn't find Treasa etc.," and then you kill him because I always finish that quest by killing Treasa and Grover after inducing them to attack each other. Fuck 'em.

empi

Augur
Anyone know where I can buy tabi boot blueprints? Level 15 now and somehow haven't seen any yet. Also where's my best shot of finding high quality leathers?

Cazzeris

Goddamnit Lurker King, I'm stuck in that exact quest. Everytime the thing gets incapacitated by my flashbang while staying at low health, the game doesn't let me initiate dialogue with it (it keeps being considered a hostile critter by my character, and the only way I can interact with it is attacking it).

Did you try anything special, or should incapacitating after damaging it do the trick?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Anyone know where I can buy tabi boot blueprints? Level 15 now and somehow haven't seen any yet. Also where's my best shot of finding high quality leathers?

The tabi blueprint seems to only be consistently found in a hidden shop in a certain station; otherwise, it's as rare as tits on an eagle, just like Doctor's Pouch, Bullet Strap Belt, good-quality Psionic Mufflers, and special bullet blueprints.

It's hidden north of the bar in Rail Crossing in that rocky corner; I always find it with Detection/Snooping, might have to kill those "Shady" NPCs for the key otherwise, not sure.
As for high-quality leather, just kill critters until you get it. Quinton occasionally sells them at high quality (for the critter type), as does someone in Camp Hathor and a small selection of other merchants. There's an upper limit to the quality based on the type of creature, with cave hopper leather topping out at around 38, rathound leather at around 42, siphoner around 64, not too sure about mutated dog or pig.

hell bovine

Arcane

Shouldn't be any. Tchernobog came from the pagan slavic myths, Tchort is the low-rank christian demon. It's also quite a wide slavic term so you shouldn't be too surprised to find equally sounding words in both polish, russian and probably serbian/croatian too (whoever the Styg is). It's more about the impact of word in the different cultures - in russians, it's basically an imp, something that's more comedic than threatening (imagine University of Imp). Also, in russian criminal slang "tchort" is a term for the lowest-ranked prisoners, only slightly above faggots in terms of hierarchy. That also doesn't help the atmosphere, I think.
Tchort is pagan in origin as well, but got re-imagined as the christian devil (like some other pagan supernatural beings).

Zetor

Arcane
Goddamnit Lurker King, I'm stuck in that exact quest. Everytime the thing gets incapacitated by my flashbang while staying at low health, the game doesn't let me initiate dialogue with it (it keeps being considered a hostile critter by my character, and the only way I can interact with it is attacking it).

Did you try anything special, or should incapacitating after damaging it do the trick?
IIRC if you move right next to it while it's stunned, it'll turn neutral. Then you can talk to it and complete the quest. It has to be pretty low on HP though, like <20% or something.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have been trying to make some Tactical Vests but nowhere I can find the second component for it (well checked CC merchant level, Rail Crossing and SGS). What is the best armor to make for stealth character with Nimble feat?
Since you have Nimble, I assume you're going for dodge/evasion. Siphoner leather is the best thing since it adds a bonus to your defenses. Add siphoner tabi boots into the mix and you'll quickly become untouchable. Late game you can upgrade to infused siphoner leather.
I could go kill some siphoners but their skin would probably be low quality (I know about those near Junkyard and maybe some in CC docks) while I was able to buy high quality carrier vests, I just cannot find any ballistic plates. I like tactical vests because of bonus vs bullets while they can still give bonus to stealth.

Since this probably got lost at bottom of this page let me quote myself if anyone can help.

Also what does infused version give?

Gord

Arcane
Finished Depot A now. Or rather, I've found the gizmo and explored most of it. A few rooms remain, but inventory was full.
Went in at lvl. 6, I'm now level 8 1/2. No idea what I did wrong compared to people that entered it at 7-9 and left at 10 or more.

Anyway, it was definitely doable with an acid-resistant armor and some creativity (luring some muties into traps and/or turrets). Of course, I went there with 1.06, so I can't comment on how the mutants where like pre-patch.
My biggest complaints are still the traps. With equipment, I can reach 37 in traps and still can't detect any of them in Depot A, which results in frequent reloads since they are all over the place on some of the maps.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron

Since this probably got lost at bottom of this page let me quote myself if anyone can help.

Also what does infused version give?

http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Blueprint:_Infused_Leather

Gives different bonuses depending on which leather and the type of equipment you are crafting.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
For situational awareness? Styg probably left them in so you can see which abilities NPCs are using without resorting to spammy combat log. Same reason scrolling combat text exists. The "cast times" are shorter in TB mode, so them being left in must be deliberate choice.

Why not just Have the text hover above their heads a bit as they go? Like, how status effects and such do.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom