Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

ArchAngel

Arcane
Question about Acid Hunters quest from Tanner
Tanner tells you to hunt down Acid Hunters and find more about the device they have. Then I did kill them for Coretech and got a quest to grab the device in their secret laboratory and then when it got stolen talked to Coretech guy and got my house. Then I went back to Tanner and he is still acting like nothing changed. I can still talk to him about how to find Acid Hunters and all that. Bug?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The greatness of Exothermic Aura combined with massive amounts of MP can scarcely be described with mere words. :lol:

While I understand why some people dislike the "wizard-like" psi skills and would prefer more of the subtle/sinister/futuristic-feeling skills a la Thought Control and some of the telekinetic abilities, Exothermic Aura in my view fits with the "future psi" aesthetic somehow.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
I've looked everywhere and I still can't find Exothermic Aura. I've found about 8 copies of fucking Enrage though (Enrage is great, but yeah.)

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I have a question on crafting: I thought that the main uses of crafting were to create better quality components and save money, but it seems more expensive to craft by buying all the components instead of buying the finished item. I wanted to craft a basic EMP grenade, but the cost of the fusion cell (600), electromagnetic discharger (300) and thin grenade case (60) add up to 960, while a plain EMP Grenade can be bought for 800 from Ezra. I don't have any mercantile skill points.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
I have a question on crafting: I thought that the main uses of crafting were to create better quality components and save money, but it seems more expensive to craft by buying all the components instead of buying the finished item. I wanted to craft a basic EMP grenade, but the cost of the fusion cell (600), electromagnetic discharger (300) and thin grenade case (60) add up to 960, while a plain EMP Grenade can be bought for 800 from Ezra. I don't have any mercantile skill points.

Eventually you will be able to craft items which are far superior to those in shops, such as energy shields and firearms. As for things like grenades, you'll be finding cases and batteries all the time, so you can put them to use without having to buy everything from vendors.

Tigranes

Arcane
When you don't have any components, buy from shops. Crafting indeed comes into use at higher levels, or if you can't find enough of what you need in shops.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Just finished Depot A with the recent nerfs on hard for the first time.

Hard, SMG + nades build, I came prepared with siphoner boots and armor, bunch of nades and plenty of adrenal shots. I don't think there's any worry that it's become a walk in the park; i left there feeling just right, limping on one leg with almost all of my nades and health hypos gone and a full bag.

Depot A remains one of the best areas, certaintly of the areas I've done before.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

Eventually you will be able to craft items which are far superior to those in shops, such as energy shields and firearms. As for things like grenades, you'll be finding cases and batteries all the time, so you can put them to use without having to buy everything from vendors.
Thanks, I'm still pretty early in the game so I haven't found too many components yet. I'm just about to enter Depot A, which is where I stopped playing the demo.

Hard, SMG + nades build, I came prepared with siphoner boots and armor, bunch of nades and plenty of adrenal shots.
I have the same build, but playing on medium difficulty. I've heard enough about Depot A to be prepared for a challenge, but I'll probably die a few times anyway.

Inf0mercial

Augur
Is there a metal armor that can be found in the early game? I've started a new char with no stealth and max CON hoping to find some good armor before I head to the Junkyard.
Jacks first quest probably fastest way
Take jacks quest at start then buy a single nade or find one blow those guys up and with 7 int strip the sledgehammer up and make metal armour is probably the quickest way but even then just going junkyard and buying some metal plates works.

Blackmill

Scholar
Survival Instincts is turning out to be a really good feat. My new Psi char has no traps and 3 perception, so entering Depot A (via the Eels), I walked over a ton of mines and dropped to 8 health. Because of the insane crit chance I was able to clear the first bunker with relative ease. Even the first surface area, despite having to fight all four or five mutants at once, was over in just four tries because of how reliably I was getting crits. Without Survival Instincts those two fights could have taken hours before I got the right sequence of crits. Of course, I would have just backtracked in that case, but that would mean suffering at least 10 load screens.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Ok I just hit Deep Caverns, no spoilers but is there a "shop" or equivalent down here? Just wondering if Im supposed to have brought everything I need down with me...

And now for another question:

The sequence to get the elevator seemed a little strange, Im helping Tchort buddies fight Faceless for a while to defend the elevator, then the elevator arrives and suddenly, for no apparent reason the Tchort buddy next to me turns around and starts shooting me? So now we are not friends anymore? Why? Because the elevator makes them crazy? I guess this forces you to get on the elevator but its a strange way to do it.

Also I have done a quick 'stealth' recon around DC, into Tchorts ruined city (man this place looks cool!), and the fungus forest, nothing looks that scary yet, not sure why there has been so much nerd rage about this area, but Im sure I will find out soon enough...

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
Ok I just hit Deep Caverns, no spoilers but is there a "shop" or equivalent down here? Just wondering if Im supposed to have brought everything I need down with me...

And now for another question:

The sequence to get the elevator seemed a little strange, Im helping Tchort buddies fight Faceless for a while to defend the elevator, then the elevator arrives and suddenly, for no apparent reason the Tchort buddy next to me turns around and starts shooting me? So now we are not friends anymore? Why? Because the elevator makes them crazy? I guess this forces you to get on the elevator but its a strange way to do it.

Also I have done a quick 'stealth' recon around DC, into Tchorts ruined city (man this place looks cool!), and the fungus forest, nothing looks that scary yet, not sure why there has been so much nerd rage about this area, but Im sure I will find out soon enough...

There are a couple of warehouses with alot of stuff but I would recommend bringing down heaps of shit with you.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
About the mines with low perception. Just buy some +detection goggles. You can find them in junkyard shops.

I've also found a very good model +65% , somewhere in Old Junkyard I think.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It is a mandatory SMG feat, no wonder you thought it was bad.
Yep, appears so..
I wanted from the get-go to have a light-footed, stealthy jack who likes running around, throwing grenades, slingin' basic spells, and blasting fuckers with uzis.
I suppose I was enchanted by the guy in the main screen art. :)

Anyway, my feat choices were more focused on maneuverability at the beginning, a bit of psi.. But then I realized I was becoming too much of a mage, and farting out icebolts started getting boring, so I started taking more down-to-earth stuff.
Took the SWAT feat (More bursts, woo!), Grenadier (
zaqwqnca_1397.jpg
), extra point at DEX..

And now with Expert + some goggles I can output far more damage than before. And with Tabi boots + Rathound Regalia, I can run circles around enemies.

Will probably get Suppresive Fire, and then Evasive Maneuvers next. All will be well.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I really wanted to love this game, but it's keeping me away with its unbalanced difficulty.

Wrong. Аll complains are wrong, game much more easy to understand than Wastelands 2 or Pillars of Sawyerism, even Fallout.
You suck with rats because you used most shitty gun in game - 5mm, the very first gun.
Instead of complains, better play the game.

The font choice was good

I played 1024x800 to have readable text.

#fucklogic

Perfect logic, because it's not the font problem, it is your problem because you don't have monitor that support low resolution.
Before you start talking about "standarts" - they don't exist.

Coyote

Arcane
Anyone know where I can buy tabi boot blueprints? Level 15 now and somehow haven't seen any yet. Also where's my best shot of finding high quality leathers?

The tabi blueprint seems to only be consistently found in a hidden shop in a certain station; otherwise, it's as rare as tits on an eagle, just like Doctor's Pouch, Bullet Strap Belt, good-quality Psionic Mufflers, and special bullet blueprints.

It's hidden north of the bar in Rail Crossing in that rocky corner; I always find it with Detection/Snooping, might have to kill those "Shady" NPCs for the key otherwise, not sure.

If you don't have the Perception for that, there's at least one other merchant who consistently carries it:

The Lost Vault trader. He's a bit off the beaten path, but IIRC you can reach him by going north of where the train drops you off at Rail Crossing and then east 4-5 screens from the first river crossing. You're on the right track if you pass some by pigs and then a bunker.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yesterday I saw Darth Roxor rage quit his play on stream after he could not catch hoppers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom