Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPG subforum for normals part 2

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Since the monkeys stopped spewing their monkey squealing at me I assume I finally explained it in a way that retarded know-nothing millennials and monkey-savages understand. Since there is no reasonable justification to not have a subforum that will be a CRPG safe haven for normal people, CRPG aficionados and connoisseurs, and people with good taste who don't post due to the almost 100% chance of getting into a retard fight with fucking idiots.

DU, please let me know who my Liaison is. I, of course, happily concede you will be the bossman, but for the purpose of this subforum there can be no one between us in the chain of command. It will be you, then me, then the people I decide that you do not veto. I just want to be able to ban people from this subforum, including your current staff such as Creepy/Bryce (and may I say it is a shameful you allow this person to be a staff member) who do not belong for the reasons listed in the original post of this thread.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Undertale is awful weaboo cancer.

It's popularity on the Codex is divine punishment for not purging the weaboos when they first appeared and instead, trying to confine them to a subforum where they've been scheming and multiplying, waiting for the opportune moment to strike.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I didn't know Roqua was back. Glad to see it ! :bounce:

The guy delivers and all the decline apologists (this game sucks, but hey, I'll buy it, play it and post about it anyway) need some righteous kick in the nuts. I'd totally go for a Roqua moderated subforum where any mention (even in dislike or mocking) of games like the Dragon Ages, Witchers, recent Fallouts and their like is a bannable offense. We would probably end up among seriously angry oldfags and pick up the glittering gems of hatred where they were dropped, which would not be a bad prospect AFAIC.

Last edited:

Roqua

Prospernaut

The guy delivers and the all the decline apologists (this game sucks, but hey, I'll buy it, play it and post about it anyway) need some righteous kick in the nuts. I'd totally go for a Roqua moderated subforum where any mention (even in dislike or mocking) of games like the Dragon Ages, Witchers, recent Fallouts and their like is a bannable offense. We would probably end up among seriously angry oldfags and pick up the glittering gems of hatred where they were dropped, which would not be a bad prospect AFAIC.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for your kind words and support.

MrJohnson

Educated
Undertale is awful weaboo cancer.
:brodex:

vosuLw6.jpg

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
i might be a monkey savage, but at least i haven't given Bethesda money since Morrowind

Roqua

Prospernaut
what clique and who do I have to openly hate and mock to be let in?

If you read the original post and still don't know you are not only not smart enough to not be let in, but so not smart you should probably purchase a helmet and wear it at all times besides when sleeping.

i might be a monkey savage, but at least i haven't given Bethesda money since Morrowind

Have you pirated or received, played, and enjoyed the Bethesda games since Morrowind? I have a hard time picturing a monkey savage that doesn't play Bethesda games. Unless you are one of the hootie tootie monkey-savages of the undertale, binding of Isac, Dark Souls, final fantasy breed. Or, maybe the pedophile visual novel breed? Please articulate.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The guy delivers and all the decline apologists (this game sucks, but hey, I'll buy it, play it and post about it anyway) need some righteous kick in the nuts. I'd totally go for a Roqua moderated subforum where any mention (even in dislike or mocking) of games like the Dragon Ages, Witchers, recent Fallouts and their like is a bannable offense. We would probably end up among seriously angry oldfags and pick up the glittering gems of hatred where they were dropped, which would not be a bad prospect AFAIC.
First they came for the relationship simulators
And I did not speak out
Because that's what real life is for
Then they came for the Action-RPGs
And I did not speak out
Because I prefer combat based on character skills
Then they came for the story gunsels
And I did not speak out
Because an RPG doesn't need a story
Then they came for the hiking simulators
And I did not speak out
Because I like pure dungeon-crawling
Then they came for the real-time blobbers
And there was no one left
To speak out for me

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron

If you read the original post and still don't know you are not only not smart enough to not be let in, but so not smart you should probably purchase a helmet and wear it at all times besides when sleeping.

Have you pirated or received, played, and enjoyed the Bethesda games since Morrowind? I have a hard time picturing a monkey savage that doesn't play Bethesda games. Unless you are one of the hootie tootie monkey-savages of the undertale, binding of Isac, Dark Souls, final fantasy breed. Or, maybe the pedophile visual novel breed? Please articulate.

i have tried oblivion for a bit and found it boring (torrented). a guy i know bought FO4, i played it for a bit ( two/three hours?) and just couldn't find a reason to keep playing. torrented skyrim and fallout 3 and played i'd say 10 hours each and just got bored

Roqua

Prospernaut

i have tried oblivion for a bit and found it boring (torrented). a guy i know bought FO4, i played it for a bit ( two/three hours?) and just couldn't find a reason to keep playing. torrented skyrim and fallout 3 and played i'd say 10 hours each and just got bored

What is your brand of monkey savage? Do you plug controllers in to the PC or are you a pedophile visual novel guy or are you a hipster no-brain bandwagoner?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron

What is your brand of monkey savage? Do you plug controllers in to the PC or are you a pedophile visual novel guy or are you a hipster no-brain bandwagoner?
i don't understand what any of those mean. As a reference, games i recently actually spent money on: witcher 3, divinity original sin, guild of dungeoneering. i do enjoy the occasional heroes of the storm match with buddies.

Roqua

Prospernaut

i don't understand what any of those mean. As a reference, games i recently actually spent money on: witcher 3, divinity original sin, guild of dungeoneering. i do enjoy the occasional heroes of the storm match with buddies.

Okay, I agree with what you said originally. You may be a monkey-savage but at least you don't give Bethesda any money.

Osvir

Learned

To do that, a codename for those types of titles would be required, a neutral one. Otherwise everyone would be banned for some form of mention whenever such a title is released, unless there's an established codename to refer these titles too (for example, "popamole", except something else because "popamole" seem to mean different things to different people).

People compare experiences all the time, and even the ones that don't play the titles in question, will most likely still know about them or have a friend or community they venture to where they get to hear about it regardless (even if there'd be a sub-category area where it is forbidden). Unless we're talking about a sub-forum where you have to login into a separate "cache" or "web history" chamber where you get banned by leaving it "If you get in, you're in. Otherwise you're out forever".

An entirely new browser, a new internet. "The Codex". The Elysium of the Gamer Web. Elitism. Or maybe in reality just the "Virtual Elderly Web/Home".

What I'm talking about though, might be more of a professional consumer forum where people actually discuss at an industry level, a place both developers and journalists could look up to with respect (and not down on by fear).

Last edited:

Roqua

Prospernaut

To do that, a codename for those types of titles would be required, a neutral one. Otherwise everyone would be banned for some form of mention whenever such a title is released, unless there's an established codename to refer these titles too (for example, "popamole", except something else because "popamole" seem to mean different things to different people).

People compare experiences all the time, and even the ones that don't play the titles in question, will most likely still know about them or have a friend or community they venture to where they get to hear about it regardless (even if there'd be a sub-category area where it is forbidden). Unless we're talking about a sub-forum where you have to login into a separate "cache" or "web history" chamber where you get banned by leaving it "If you get in, you're in. Otherwise you're out forever".

An entirely new browser, a new internet. "The Codex". The Elysium of the Gamer Web. Elitism. Or maybe in reality just the "Virtual Elderly Web/Home".

What I'm talking about though, might be more of a professional consumer forum where people actually discuss at an industry level, a place both developers and journalists could look up to with respect (and not down on by fear).

I'm not sure I follow you. This forum is for crpg fans who, generally, would not care about the release of console games like Fake Fallout 4, so that wouldn't be an issue, nor would a codename be needed for any reason.

Secondly, there is no such thing as video game journalists. Thirdly, this will be a subforum for crpg fans, not video game developers.

You seem to think being inclusive is the way to go. The whole point of this is to be a safe place for crpg fans who are forced to either put up with way too inclusive puritans with God awful super inclusive tastes, or retarded no-minders with awful inclusive-taste and tons of retard fights.

This will be a new option. A place safe from news on whatever non-rpg nonsense whatever site decides to post about and the monkey-savages that make up the majority of the posters of these sites.

I really have explained things pretty clearly in the original post. I really am having a hard time understanding what people's issues are. Do the monkey-savages not want this subforum so they can continue to take sadistic pleasure in harassing normal, intelligent people with their one line zingers and controller talk?

Osvir

Learned
Firstly, I know, I ain't having no issues, and I like your ideas about having more "sophisticated" discussion about cRPG's and less poop-flinging.

I was responding to Lonely Vazdru's train of thought (and perhaps ridiculing it a bit), and perhaps I even went a bit further with it and might've brainstormed away a little into my own imaginary world (It'd be pretty nice to have a whole internet without monkey-savages wouldn't it? I.E. an "Elysium"). Clarification: "IF talking about X titles was a bannable offense as you Lonely Vazdru suggest, it would require some form of reference word or codename". It's in our nature to compare with other things, and I'd give it a week before people in your sub-forum begins to compare and talk about how "This title is so much better than that one" or "I'm glad this came out so I don't need to think about that other one" and so on. Or something in that general direction. Look at your own post for instance, you already fail at leading with example by triggering with "Fake Fallout 4", what are you comparing with between the lines that we can't read?

Therefore, Lonely Vazdru's suggestion = would never work.

Secondly, the Codex is writing about and reviewing games. People and communities that do the exact same thing exist outside of the Codex as well at numerous sites, promoting and writing about games, about updates and news about games that interest their demographic. These people are the ones I'm talking about. What I was saying was that a subforum of your caliber could give the Codex more respect in such circles and also sanitize some of that monkey-savage poop you seem to want get away from.

Thirdly, I remember a time where a developer mentioned he was looking at the Codex with fearful respect. Respect because there are lots of people here that love cRPG's, but with fear because it's an impactful zone of, lack of a better word, monkey-savages. If the monkey-Codex doesn't like a game, they will troll it, hate it, and it will rub off in an echochamber and other monkey-savages that might not have hated it starts to hate it because the monkey next to them hates it. "That monkey hates it so I will hate it too", and it becomes childish silly and not intelligent discourse. Do you want the Codex to be feared by the ones creating the games you wish to discuss?

Of course, every community is for the fans of whatever thing floats their boats, but those places also tend to be the places where the creators of the stuff look "What do fans of what I create enjoy?".

Roqua

Prospernaut

I'm not sure I follow you. This forum is for crpg fans who, generally, would not care about the release of console games like Fake Fallout 4, so that wouldn't be an issue, nor would a codename be needed for any reason.

Secondly, there is no such thing as video game journalists. Thirdly, this will be a subforum for crpg fans, not video game developers.

You seem to think being inclusive is the way to go. The whole point of this is to be a safe place for crpg fans who are forced to either put up with way too inclusive puritans with God awful super inclusive tastes, or retarded no-minders with awful inclusive-taste and tons of retard fights.

This will be a new option. A place safe from news on whatever non-rpg nonsense whatever site decides to post about and the monkey-savages that make up the majority of the posters of these sites.

I really have explained things pretty clearly in the original post. I really am having a hard time understanding what people's issues are. Do the monkey-savages not want this subforum so they can continue to take sadistic pleasure in harassing normal, intelligent people with their one line zingers and controller talk?

Thank you for articulating. I, personally, dislike reviews since I buy all crpgs and play them myself and I don't give a shit what some monkey-savage with poor taste thinks of a game I could or could not like. Also, disliking a game without being able to articulate why in a coherent as well as consistent explanation is the domain of the monkeys. I dislike the IE game's combat but I am willing and capable to explain why and consistent in my view of why. There are a lot of crpgs that come out that I am not a big fan of but I still support them because a bad (or not all that great) crpg is better than no crpg.

One of the goals of this subforum is to promote and advance crpgs, not bite the hand that feeds us. Anyone that is intelligent enough to really like crpgs is most likely smart enough to think for themselves and not be impressed by other people's monkey spewings. Especially when the monkey spewings are the "popular" view since it will lead to many inconsistencies or the lack of ability to articulate the reasons for those inconsistencies.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Out of all the "RPGs" released in 2015, which ones you think should be discussed on your subforum and which ones you think shouldn't even be mentioned? Judging by your posting in other threads, it's pretty clear that you consider AoD and Underrail to be examples of the former, while Fo4 is an example of the later. What about all the other releases marketed as RPGs in 2015? PoE? Witcher 3? Lightning Returns? SR:HK? SitS?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Out of all the "RPGs" released in 2015, which ones you think should be discussed on your subforum and which ones you think shouldn't even be mentioned? Judging by your posting in other threads, it's pretty clear that you consider AoD and Underrail to be examples of the former, while Fo4 is an example of the later. What about all the other releases marketed as RPGs in 2015? PoE? Witcher 3? Lightning Returns? SR:HK? SitS?

This is members only discussion console scum.

ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom