Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie DrDungeon's Ultizurk and MADMAN Thread

DrDungeon

Developer
Thanks for the heads up, Guildmaster! Spam has been taken care of! Forums are up again at the site. And, of course, madman itself.

PeeWee

Augur
Dr. Dungeon says:

" Play throughs and reviews are starting to appear on youtube to give you an idea how it plays.

It's a GOOD OL' GAME! :) ".

That was what Dr. Dungeon says. Dr. Dungeon pointed out another video that was not included in my previous post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPKF57zhZ8

animlboogy

Learned
Ugh that`s weird, people say graphic sucks in wasteland 2 and then play this.

One guy making Ultima clones.

A team using millions in Kickstarter money, led by professional rich guy Brian Fargo.

Expectations are slightly different...

PeeWee

Augur
Is it possible this forum cannot always be reached? I tried visiting this forum but could not always reach it. Does anybody know more about this?

DrDungeon

Developer
Latest from the lost mind of Dr. Dungeon!

With too many games out there, why make another old-fashioned,
retro style rpg that simply re-does what has already been
done to death? Something a little different must be done if
you're a one-man basement operation. With that in mind, here's
the actual feature list from the original design paper:

- No bugs! Unless you include the ones in the swamp.
- No elves or dwarves!
- No dragons or wars or orc invasions!
- No evil wizard's to kill.
- Interactive world. Think Ultima VII.
- The ultimate in costumer support!
- A developer that actually listens to feedback.
(You guys already know this :) )

I'll tell you a secret! I noticed something since its release,
which I consider a limited release until it hits steam:

Madman is for the ladies. I'm getting feedback to the effect
that the women out there really like the unique tale that
madman tells. Not quite so much with the guys. Not sure why,
but 'tis the truth. I think its because its a little bit
of a tear-jerker; a love song in spite of itself.

DrDungeon

Developer
DN7IvKR.jpg

So! Ultizurk IV: Lord of the Cyclops:

- True 1:2 isometric perspective
- Far greater detail in all graphics
- Ultra-smooth scrolling
- Advanced lighting effects
- Full party of 4 created characters plus two hired henchmen, 6 character party
- Full schools of magic for differing magic user classes
- Vastly improved AI
- Large-scale monsters
- Greatly improved alchemy and crafting elements
- Addresses >ALL< features brought up and /or lacking in Madman
- Complete customization of HUD. Move it. Change it. Turn elements off and on.
- Entire playscreen can be moved to adjust for any screen.
- Tricky but likely: three levels of zoom-in and zoom out.
- Five times larger than Madman with nearly ten times the graphics.

It can happen. I know what to do and how to do it now. This prototype screen shot is just the beginning.
But there is a catch! I've reached a point where I can no longer go it alone. I will need to hire on some serious help.

1,000 purchases of Madman is what is needed. If you want to help this game see the light of day, advertise Madman to all the friends and aunts and uncles
unto the seventh generation! This will be my last post until 1,000 purchases are achieved.

Its still there on the site, for only 15 bucks. Plus the free demo to see what its like:
www.machgryphon.com

And its over on Steam Greenlight, stuck right now at 40%:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=457828980

I need 1,000 Madman purchases to make Ultizurk IV.
Else Dr. Dungeon will exit the game development scene FOREVER!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DrDungeon Do you have any Ultizurk IV content left over from back when you were making that, or are you planning to start it from scratch?

PeeWee

Augur
To Infinitron, Scrooge, Brutan and Lhynn: I have read your questions, but I do not know the answers.

Right now I am worried about Dr. Dungeon. In the past about 28 days I heard from him only once.

Can anybody explain to me the difference between:
- Steam
- Steam Community
- Steam Greenlight
And can anybody explain what exactly these 3 things are?

How come Dr. Dungeon said on Steam on February 26, 2016 we are at (about) 55 % and on April 20, 2016 he says we are at (about) 44 %? Are we going backwards?

On the original post of this thread I see only one picture. There used to be more than one picture. Can there be more pictures there, please?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can anybody explain to me the difference between:
- Steam
- Steam Community
- Steam Greenlight
And can anybody explain what exactly these 3 things are?

Steam is an online computer game store and platform. It's how almost everybody gets and plays their games nowadays.

Steam Community is a section of Steam. Every game on Steam has its own "community page" with discussion forums, screenshots, news and announcements from the developer, etc.

Steam Greenlight is another section of Steam, where people can vote on which games are to be allowed onto Steam.

PeeWee

Augur
Infinitron, thank you for your answers. Now I have just checked Steam again about "MadMan" and something has changed. Could anybody tell me what happened? And what is Valve?

DrDungeon

Developer
MADMAN IS GREENLIT! Just got official word. More to come when available! -Dr. Dungeon

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom