Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News System Shock 3 Officially Announced

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
This thread is full of rose colored glasses and LULZ.

Zep--

DeepOcean

Arcane
Their alpha build of their Ultima Underworld, not the scripted marketing vídeo , looked solid and kinda Looking Glassian. I have hope for this but I dunno if they will manage to properly finish the project. Can you make an SS game on kickstarter budget?

Black

Arcane
Hilarious that some of you people have hope. Has you learned nothing?

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
They wont ever succeed in making it better then system shock 2.

Disappointment is inevitable.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
They wont ever succeed in making it better then system shock 2.

Disappointment is inevitable.

Of course..these guys are cash-in hacks.

They show a modeled "turd" they try to call a Stalagmite?

Please...they even show you the whole thing is a big fucking joke, money grab...yet still

Peeps believe.

Sad really.

Zep--

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Everything I backed turned out good at least even if not great, and even the 'good' was miles better than what the mainstream churned out(with the exception of Witcher 3). Only a retard would have expected some kind of AAA slickness from W2, PoE, never mind Dead State..yet much of the rage was about the graphics and performance!

Black

Arcane

Everything I backed turned out good
campaign_projecteternity.png

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
In before it's not an RPG.
Don't care, SS1 probably better than SS2 anyway.
Not just probably, it was just the better game.

This is coming from a huge SS2 fanboy who loves the sound design and exploration in SS2. But in the long view, looking back, SS2 is just kinda half-baked. The story was cobbled together, considering they only made it Shock 2 because the publisher insisted. (It was going to be about the Many originally, not featuring Shodan)
The game is very linear, especially compared to SS1, the respawning, while adding tension, can feel tedious, the gunplay is very poor at best, the game balance is all over the place, the quality of the voice acting ranges from excellent to cringe-worthy and the end-game is pretty terrible, with one of the least satisfying endings in gaming history.

I still love it, though, but it's something to remember.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Not just probably, it was just the better game.

This is coming from a huge SS2 fanboy who loves the sound design and exploration in SS2. But in the long view, looking back, SS2 is just kinda half-baked. The story was cobbled together, considering they only made it Shock 2 because the publisher insisted. (It was going to be about the Many originally, not featuring Shodan)
The game is very linear, especially compared to SS1, the respawning, while adding tension, can feel tedious, the gunplay is very poor at best, the game balance is all over the place, the quality of the voice acting ranges from excellent to cringe-worthy and the end-game is pretty terrible, with one of the least satisfying endings in gaming history.

I still love it, though, but it's something to remember.

The sound design will probably make or break this for me. Unless they go full Thiaf, then even Stravinsky making the soundtrack won't help

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
The fuck? Don't you guys fucking get it yet? THEY MODELED A STALAG(M)(T)ITETURD.

Damn...are you all that stupid?

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom