Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Remove The Ignore Feature

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Well that was Prospers old account though....

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I second this. Too many posters are using it to create their own little safe spaces.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/ignore.php?user=11517

227? He is scaling the codex to his level.
:rpgcodex:

Edit: Rather than removing it, I propose the ignore list should duplicate the stalker feature. :M

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Who's Ignoring Ludo Lense...
#
Username Posts
1 1451 777
2 Irenaeus III 15
3 Nikaido 521

I have no idea who 1451 and Nikaido are. I also expect Irenaeus IV through X to ignore me when the time comes. Consistency is important. :rpgcodex:

Deleted member 7219

The ignore feature is useful for finding out who the real fags are - the pussies who cannot cope with any opinion that differs from theirs. It is useful for revealing those who have no place on the Codex.

I was in favour of removing it but now I think it could be used by the staff to hand out titles every few months. Look for the users who are doing the most ignoring, and give them a 'PUSSY' tag.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
In this new persona/account, I have grown to love the ignore feature. It can be seen as my personal "hall of shame" list. Try not to be included on it.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
  • A third of my list have 0 - 100 posts in the last 2 years. (Bullshit alts)
  • Another third is just fanboys of Risen 1 and PoE who are butt blasted that I didn't personally like those games as much as them.
  • Finally, half the people on my ignore list have brofisted something I posted after the fact. Or removed me entirely when they realized "Oh he's not so bad when he rips on things I don't like".
    • AKA They put me on ignore to make a *~*~Statement~*~* but still read my posts anyways.
    • Or they put me on ignore because they were salty about a game I pointed out had some flaws and forgot why months later.
1/3 + 1/3 + 1/2 = 7/6

:troll:
Granted, the category definitions allow for overlap, but the wording makes it seem like the groups are distinct.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
You're upset because 21 people ignore you? Pfft.
damn, 50+. what did you write to get forktong to ignore you?

awor sorebutt is the only codexian who ignores poos and i still have no idea why
he went ape shit after I wrote that dressing nicely for job interviews is a good idea.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
damn, 50+. what did you write to get forktong to ignore you?

Something obnoxious and mean-spirited about Larian/D:OS.

The funny thing is that I ended up liking it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
awor sorebutt is the only codexian who ignores poos and i still have no idea why

To answer this you need to venture into awor's mind.
Or don't unless you want to get serious brian damage and drop your IQ to single digit.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
he went ape shit after I wrote that dressing nicely for job interviews is a good idea.

Same here. He is one of the few people here I believe aren't "trolling". He is like, LEGIT insane. (and NO, prosper is just another troll).

Also, I wish there was no option to view ignored content. Butthurt primadonas who ignore me still show up in my threads from time to time. They can't man up to the consequences of their actions. Goes a long way into explaining why we have no more real C&C in RPGs nowadays. Decliners, decliners everywhere.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Also, I wish there was no option to view ignored content. Butthurt primadonas who ignore me still show up in my threads from time to time. They can't man up to the consequences of their actions. Goes a long way into explaining why we have no more real C&C in RPGs nowadays. Decliners, decliners everywhere.

Ignore is for hiding content. If people are just going to click "Show Post" all the time, call it what it really is. "The list of people who made me mad REEEEEH"

Also I think you are right about Awor.. that guy is weird as fuck. :lol:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Another legit crazy dude was hiver. I absolutely loved how his paranoia coupled with violent butthurt turned his persecution complex into a beautiful self fulfilling prophecy. :lol:

It was really amazing how he managed to call some dude a "cretinous retarded piece of excrement" and then IMMEDIATELY claim he was being offended by the OTHER guy.

randomposter: Well, I disagree with what hiver said.
hiver: YOU RETARDED WASTE OF OXYGEN, YOU HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!
VD: hiver, please stop chimping out every time someone disagrees with you.
hiver: WTF are you talking about?! Can't you see this guy offended me!? Are you blind or just a lowly cretin!?!?
VD: hiver, I beg of you: please, PLEASE act like a normal, non-insane person. Please?
hiver: [continues being insane]
VD * bans hiver from ITS forums *
hiver [posting on the Codex]: WOW, I never thought VD would ever stoop so low. He banned me from ITS forums for NO REASON AT ALL. I was having a NORMAL conversation, providing VALUABLE FEEDBACK when suddenly BAM! Banned! I'm a victim of persecution due to my unmatched intellect and wit, I dindu nuffin! :ehue:
VD: Why me... :negative:

:lol::lol::lol:

Ellef

Deplorable
I suggest special safe space badges and/or disabling see ignored content for mass ignorers, though I imagine they'd wear it as a badge of pride.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The ignore feature is useful for finding out who the real fags are - the pussies who cannot cope with any opinion that differs from theirs. It is useful for revealing those who have no place on the Codex.

I was in favour of removing it but now I think it could be used by the staff to hand out titles every few months. Look for the users who are doing the most ignoring, and give them a 'PUSSY' tag.
We are now requesting a "pussy" tag. Also maybe something like "most ignored" as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom