Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hero's Song by Pixelmage Games LLC

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Didn't find a thread about this game.
Don't know much about it, and they have a goal of 800K, so i'm unsure that they will be successful..
It seem Patrick Rothfuss is going to help make it AWEOME
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/herossong/heros-song

2e3688bd312c7b68a174ac31854d62b5_original.gif

e2d0440ef2e76b4232c7aa90567b2ffb_original.jpg

b05f4b74c7ba5d881e28a4d5dee10246_original.jpg

5a14529a8958f6ab00cab23126bbe0cf_original.jpg

89a6194b6ee8d01c7a587a7c2213e293_original.jpg

48b51623f29c38d89aedeccd190f8c9e_original.jpg

67550017b6b7f6b1c72803b2c8b4a04a_original.jpg

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The thing that triggered my attention somewhat is the whole world/history generation thing. Dwarf Fortress vibes. Probably won't get kickstarted though so.. (Wtf 800k?)

ArchAngel

Arcane
I was wondering if anyone is going to make a topic about this :D

Since this game will be around slaying random monsters in randomly generated world (they gone beyond Diablo random generated dungeons) I hope the combat system will be very good and fun.

mixer

Learned
Everything is fun and games until they can't deliver what they promised.

Renevent

Cipher
That's some pretty swanky pixel art, and the concept isn't half bad either. I might pledge...

laclongquan

Arcane
I dunno, it sound rootless. What, exactly, is my motive as I go through that world? Become god? Build big town? Conquer lands?

Let take Unreal World for example. My motives change as time past.

1. At first I scramble for a living. Fear of starving, fear of meeting too dangerous animals, fear of meeting hostile slavers. Try hard to live, gather tools, weapons, armors, foods...

2. Then when I get past that, my motive will change to building a home for myself, either as a base to hunt, or a farm.

3. When that past, or when I dont give much about my home, I change to adventure, eastward to the end of the known world. I definitely will meet the source of the hostile slavers, which is their homeland, and many hostile villages. Combat ahoy! It can be very long time in-game, equal to making a house, or a year. After that, I think of getting all my loots home, which mostly mean making a raft to go by the sea, westward, then upriver to the nearest fork to my old home, then several trips to bring back all those loots.

I dont see the motives in this new game.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Backed it.

Funny detail: they're using a beholder in their video - WotC/Hasbro lawyer calling soon....

Renevent

Cipher
All I know about ToEE's story is there's some needy townsfolk who require I run a few boring errands, then I'm off to a temple even though I'm not sure why. The temple is full of bugbears and need to be eradicated, and later on there's cultists and demons/elementals show up and I assume they also need to be dealt with. I'm sure they were planning something bad although not sure what it was, they just need to die.

Best turn based RPG ever.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
More randomized jirble jarble. Especially that they are trying to sell a believable and well crafted world with interesting exploration that will be randomly created via algorithms.. Yeah, no, it's not happening. Either do it by hand or get fucked.

DarkArcher

Educated
I dunno, it sound rootless. What, exactly, is my motive as I go through that world? Become god? Build big town? Conquer lands?

Let take Unreal World for example. My motives change as time past.

1. At first I scramble for a living. Fear of starving, fear of meeting too dangerous animals, fear of meeting hostile slavers. Try hard to live, gather tools, weapons, armors, foods...

2. Then when I get past that, my motive will change to building a home for myself, either as a base to hunt, or a farm.

3. When that past, or when I dont give much about my home, I change to adventure, eastward to the end of the known world. I definitely will meet the source of the hostile slavers, which is their homeland, and many hostile villages. Combat ahoy! It can be very long time in-game, equal to making a house, or a year. After that, I think of getting all my loots home, which mostly mean making a raft to go by the sea, westward, then upriver to the nearest fork to my old home, then several trips to bring back all those loots.

I dont see the motives in this new game.

DarkArcher

Educated
I totally agree. I like that they are being careful not to call it an MMO because that genre is passe. This doesn't seem like a very creative endeavor. It is more like, what lessons did we learn about the market from SOE?

1. Open World.
2. Sandbox
3. Fantasy is still popular
4. Engage younger demographic with universal art style

Then you engage an established writer for a game that isn't primarily story driven. Oh, and get an established composer to upsell the soundtrack.

Sorry- I can't back this one.

MightyHoax

Educated
Project: Eternity
No main quest, multiplayer, no thanks.

What will you do in this game? Find Cave and kill beast? Talk to npc who ask you to kill this or that, fetch this or that, resolve dispute between person/faction a and b??

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom