Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PLATINUM does Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Ivan

Arcane

Per the press release:

Battle alongside your brothers through the sewers, subways, and streets of NYC to take down Shredder and Krang's evil organization, Foot by Foot. Unleash custom combat skills and powerful team combos to save Manhattan from the overwhelming dark forces growing in the shadows.

• Assemble your team in 4-player online co-op mode!
• Fight fan-favorite enemies like Bebop and Rocksteady!
• Visually stunning, fast-paced combat true to PlatinumGames’ signature style.
• Gritty comic-inspired art style turns a new chapter in TMNT history!
• Original story penned by IDW Comic’s TMNT author, Tom Waltz.
• Experience the game in a whole new way when you challenge your team in 4 player online co-op mode!

Aesthetically it reminds me a lot of MadWorld. I hope they include a lot of environmental props to play with as weapons.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What I don't like about Platinum' games is their emphasis on blocking. Maybe because I sucked at playing Royal Guard in DMC, and even though blocking in their games is easier, but I'd still prefer a good dodge mechanic.

But I'd still hype for this game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
There is no blocking in Bayonetta, is there? Or in GodHand, the game their employees made when they were still Clover. Which one of their games have blocking? Those are two really good games, and they're all about the Dodge mechanic.

Jacob

Patron
There is no blocking in Bayonetta, is there? Or in GodHand, the game their employees made when they were still Clover. Which one of their games have blocking? Those are two really good games, and they're all about the Dodge mechanic.
Ah, maybe calling block mechanics as their emphasis is a little bit exaggerating it, I'm talking about MGR and Korra, specifically, which has blocking as your primary method of defense. Yes Bayo doesn't have it too as far as I remember it.

Dodge/block aside, somehow the combat in those two games doesn't feel as good as DMC/Bayo, also another reason why I don't really enjoy it as much. The move set is also much more limited. That's why, though everyone seems to like MGR, I'm actually disappointed with the gameplay (Won't say much about story and all that shit, since I'm not familiar with the MGS franchise)

Haven't played God Hand though.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You must; I sincerely believe it's the best "Platinum" game. Though they weren't called that, then. In fact, I do think it might well be the very best PS2 game. I've never played a game where the enemies have been so well placed in a level. It just feels good. And the fighting is fantastic. And no blocking!

Ivan

Arcane
nonoriri

Maybe see it this way: Bayonetta was more informed by Devil May Cry. Zoomed out camera, stylish combat that emphasized quick reflexes, on the fly weapon switching (DMC 1 had you fiddle with menus but DMC3 perfected it).

Revengeance's praise may be understood when you see how it's informed by God Hand and the beat em up genre. The game has a much closer camera and revolves more around 1 on 1 combat. While the subweapons definitely need more love in the sequel, I loved how it had an in game healing system through its combat. Furthermore, it has the most cathartic combat since God Hand. The final boss is particularly awesome. If you think the combat is too spammy, you're probably not playing on Hard+.

Play God Hand. Emulate it, but prepaare yourself. It's harder than Dark Souls. One of the most difficult games I've played but it features probably the most cathartic combat since FEAR.

if anyone's curious: Bayonetta 2=God Hand=Devil May Cry 3 are my holy trinity.

My GF has a 2 year old nephew who loves the turtles. He's gonna love seeing me play this.

Last edited:

Martius

Liturgist
There is although from what I can remember you need to buy one specific item to use it in battle. On the other hand Devastion offers both dodge and blocking but I would say its more focused on dodges.

I guess it will be polished Devastation which was more polished Legend of Korra. I probably wont complain if it wont be expensive since previous licensed games are at least decent. I just wonder how co-op will turn out. There is co-op mode in Bayo 2 but only for two players instead of four and its pretty much bonus mode. Here I guess it could be more important.

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
Platinum are my niggas, but it's TMNT again. Done to death. And April isn't even showing cleavage. Would rather have Thundercats game that looks like the intro to the 80s cartoon (the cartoon itself was awful though). Or Masters of the Universe. Or Thundercats x Masters of the Universe.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They make good beat-em-ups but it'll probably be grossly overpriced like that Transformers game.

Vikter

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I hope it's 4 hours long, has a lot of QTEs, metal soundtrack, terrible story and flashy combat with more style than variety. Platinum never did anything like that.

Seriously, though, I hope it's on the same level as Transformers, and features some kind of meta game like Transformers did with the loot system. I wouldn't mind having a quest system and more exploration of Manhattan, but it looks like the flagship feature of this one is the online-only coop. One can dream.

Ivan

Arcane

59695731.jpg

and here I was thinking they were going to channel their beat-em-up roots (Madworld, Anarchy Reigns, God Hand, MGR). NOOOOOOOO fucking pillowfight combat, needless open world.
:decline::popamole:

Last edited:

Jacob

Patron
nonoriri

Maybe see it this way: Bayonetta was more informed by Devil May Cry. Zoomed out camera, stylish combat that emphasized quick reflexes, on the fly weapon switching (DMC 1 had you fiddle with menus but DMC3 perfected it).

Revengeance's praise may be understood when you see how it's informed by God Hand and the beat em up genre. The game has a much closer camera and revolves more around 1 on 1 combat. While the subweapons definitely need more love in the sequel, I loved how it had an in game healing system through its combat. Furthermore, it has the most cathartic combat since God Hand. The final boss is particularly awesome. If you think the combat is too spammy, you're probably not playing on Hard+.

Play God Hand. Emulate it, but prepaare yourself. It's harder than Dark Souls. One of the most difficult games I've played but it features probably the most cathartic combat since FEAR.

if anyone's curious: Bayonetta 2=God Hand=Devil May Cry 3 are my holy trinity.

My GF has a 2 year old nephew who loves the turtles. He's gonna love seeing me play this.
Okay, this makes me want to replay MGR again, which I actually enjoyed despite said disappointment for not being a sci-fi DMC game.

Also will grab God Hand from some 'paradise' and play it as soon as I get the mood.

i realize this is a one-month-old post but I forgot to reply when I first saw the notif soo...

Delbaeth

Learned
So Platinum made Too Much Negativity in this Thread - the game ?
Oh this TMNT ?

Sjukob

Arcane
All those beat them up/slasher developers don't understand that good games in these genres do not need to by flashy .

Angthoron

Arcane
  • A turtle's eye can't see more frames. :|
  • I am not shelling out my cash for that. ;D
  • Wow, that some turtle-pace shit! [grab collar]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom