Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Marry, Fuck, Kill: Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Torment

What is your judgement?

• Marry Baldur's Gate, Fuck Fallout, Kill Torment

• Marry Baldur's Gate, Fuck Torment, Kill Fallout

• Marry Fallout, Fuck Baldur's Gate, Kill Torment

• Marry Fallout, Fuck Torment, Kill Baldur's Gate

• Marry Torment, Fuck Fallout, Kill Baldur's Gate

• Marry Torment, Fuck Baldur's Gate, Kill Fallout

• kc (kill them all)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Time for a sophisticated new poll from yours truly. This is basically a game of Marry, Fuck, Kill.

The contenders: Fallout, Baldur's Gate, and Planescape: Torment.

You can vote according to your own views on marriage and fucking. But the game you kill will retroactively cease to exist, including anything it has inspired or will inspire. In example, killing BG would also kill BG2.

Vikter

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Marry Fallout (the funny turn-based quirky girl that gives me lots of choices and sex positions)
Fuck Planescape (the weird one-of-a-kind girl who talks a lot but I'll be proud of having fucked)
Kill Baldur's Gate (traditional girl who cares about relationships)

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
shouldn't fallout be replaced by a good game? like bloodlines or morrowind?

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
how do you marry or have sex or kill a game, man some of the shit i read here makes me wonder lol

if anyone here has ever tried to have sex with a CD i dont think they can be helped...

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marry, fuck and kill ur mom. Not necessarily in that order.

But Torment couldn't exist without BG's engine.

Given this the only logical choice is to marry Fallout, Fuck BG, Kill Torment, because there is no way to avoid killing Torment that doesn't involve killing Fallout. Killing Fallout would have far too horrible repercussions on later RPGs. Torment is good but was basically a dead end, killing it won't kill off other good RPGs.

DraQ

Arcane
But Torment couldn't exist without BG's engine.

Given this the only logical choice is to marry Fallout, Fuck BG, Kill Torment, because there is no way to avoid killing Torment that doesn't involve killing Fallout. Killing Fallout would have far too horrible repercussions on later RPGs. Torment is good but was basically a dead end, killing it won't kill off other good RPGs.
Fitting since all in all PS:T is about killing yourself.
:martini:

OTOH: Killing BG1 would prevent RTWP epidemics. It's existence has likely prevented many good things from happening.

aleph

Arcane
When you kill Fallout you also kill Fallout 3&4. The choice is not so easy after all.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck, then marry and then kill all three of them.
That's what I did and it felt right.

Fallout came back as a zombie and ate my brain though. That part didn't feel right. :(

Last edited:

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Gotta go with PST & BG - Marry & Fuck. Fallout is sacrificed mostly due to it's bleakness. Also, I blame it for the deluge of apocalyptic Russian / Eastern European games.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Baldur's Gate was my first rpg and I still love it, but it's responsible for one of the greatest streams of the decline: romances.

Except there were no romances in the original Baldurs Gate or it's expansion. Beamdog may have added some to the "enhanced edition", but I don't consider that legit. It's like Greedo shooting first in the Cantina in the Star Wars "special edition".

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As usual, this game is being played with the 3 most revolting things you can come up with.

Well, if I went in order of favourite games, I'd marry Torment, fuck Fallout and kill BG (it would be an affectionate murder though, sort of like Nick Cave killing Kylie Minogue in Where the Wild Roses Grow).

But let's face it. The realistic outcome would be that I'd fall in love with Torment as the wonderful, emotionally intense uni girlfriend that noone else can live up to, end up killing BG on the rebound because it just can't compare even though it's trying really hard and wants to stick around forever and probably deserves to be treated better than that, before settling for FO as something I can respect, love and will keep me interested (and is a lot more maintainable in design than Torment), and I'll know full well that Torment was a once-in-a-lifetime that you can't really reproduce by copying the design, but I'll still keep wondering what would be if I went back to it...

(of course, Deux Ex would be the lover you keep on having an affair with every couple of years, where each time you pretty much forget she exists afterwards, but every time you run into her you end up in bed together for the next week)

Thal

Prophet
Baldur's Gate was my first rpg and I still love it, but it's responsible for one of the greatest streams of the decline: romances.

Except there were no romances in the original Baldurs Gate or it's expansion. Beamdog may have added some to the "enhanced edition", but I don't consider that legit. It's like Greedo shooting first in the Cantina in the Star Wars "special edition".

Baldur's Gate 2 did. How hard is this really? No BG 1, no BG 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom