Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

pippin

Nice cleavage on that gypsy lady.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Cinemaware's Amiga games had fantastic graphics. Pity the gameplay was usually not that interesting.
Defender of the Crown had the most impressive graphics I had seen to date, but the strategy part was rather easy, while the actions scenes were rather frustrating.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
0xuYKFj.gif

ZDBche0.gif

bCcaU1z.gif

brRuU8L.gif

S4N98QT.gif

h3oeYgr.gif

Qa2kru9.gif

I don't mind challenge but they went way, way too far with this one. It seems like everything in this game was designed to fucking piss you off: enemies outmaneuvering/grabbing/paralyzing you (even though you can only whip in one direction), enemies rushing at you (even though you cannot run), homing projectiles, shit coming at you from all possible directions, 4 uber difficult boss fights in a row. I don't remember the last time I was so frustrated with a game... BUT there's Dracula and you want to beat him.

Blonsky

Prophet
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals

PBAn2PQ.jpg

This is almost all of the explanation you get about what is going on in the game at the start.
cHCTu25.jpg

The first timed puzzle in this point and click adventure game. Do the right thing in the right order on time, or get a "your dead" screen and start over from checkpoint .
1PZu4gC.jpg

Maybe try learning a freaking alphabet first dude.
1lowJ4Z.jpg

Some areas look pretty impressive.
DNStQAA.jpg

Spatial Jellyfish? Half way through the game and the first time i hear about a giant thing growing on top of the biggest building in Paris.
QxAAlEJ.jpg

Cutscenes between areas dont really explain much.
EY9SVH3.jpg

So the dictator has resigned from his position and now there is an election between your father and an android, and everybody is order for who they have to vote.
OqnN02g.jpg

The ending. Its not a good ending or a bad ending, its just as confusing as the rest of the game.
ySmAr0b.jpg

pippin

Read the comics if you haven't. Not that it will give you any more clarity about the story, but it's quite the read.
It also inspired real life versions of chess boxing:

deportes_chessboxing2.jpg

After the fight you have to play chess with your opponent.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Doom 4

Ow1sBx.jpg

c7m7kG.jpg

nB2H1E.jpg

suddenly TREMORS!

hXVeI5.jpg

:mhd:

bwptzG.jpg

8oC9gj.jpg

:avatard:

4NMNQ4.jpg

OH MY, HE'S A BIG UN

zedZQD.jpg

better avoid them hugely telegraphed rings of doom

E7Bahp.jpg

you reduce his health bar once, you know he gets pissed off cuz he pops up like a mole

and starts bashin u with his tentacruz

CNlxGK.jpg

final stage of piss-off is dis acid vomit which i think is actually unavoidable, so you gotta kill him real fast

DK8lOk.jpg

Zq6mDT.jpg

damn u ugly

od6WdT.jpg

Shelly pushes a bomb into the monsta's eye

aMWhse.jpg

:yeah:

3ZWMWD.jpg

gloop

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Cinemaware's Amiga games had fantastic graphics. Pity the gameplay was usually not that interesting.
Defender of the Crown had the most impressive graphics I had seen to date, but the strategy part was rather easy, while the actions scenes were rather frustrating.

It also was incomplete. Some of the features announced in the manual never made their way into the Amiga game. The Atari ST version, while technically inferior, is probably the closest to the Amiga in terms of graphics and sound fidelity, but has all the features planned for the Amiga version.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What the hell, I though it was abandoned alpha version with no eng version on top of it?
PS. still waiting for Olympus 2077 and Fallout Nevada translation.

Still better than Duke Nukem Forever.
How do you like Peak Mode in menu?

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
0xuYKFj.gif

ZDBche0.gif

bCcaU1z.gif

brRuU8L.gif

S4N98QT.gif

h3oeYgr.gif

Qa2kru9.gif

I don't mind challenge but they went way, way too far with this one. It seems like everything in this game was designed to fucking piss you off: enemies outmaneuvering/grabbing/paralyzing you (even though you can only whip in one direction), enemies rushing at you (even though you cannot run), homing projectiles, shit coming at you from all possible directions, 4 uber difficult boss fights in a row. I don't remember the last time I was so frustrated with a game... BUT there's Dracula and you want to beat him.

Now go play Rondo of Blood with a PC Engine emulator. Less frustrating, more paths, another playable character, bitching intro and a non-gay Dracula.
The snes game is a RoB port, of sorts, but with different layout for the most part, less features and more frustration.

Fallout: Oblivion Lost - a mod that blends F2 with STALKER:
Is it gud?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Fallout: Oblivion Lost - a mod that blends F2 with STALKER:
Is it gud?
It adds the STALKER areas, monsters, anomalies & items to the F2 main game, without changing any of the old areas, so it feels totally disconnected. It's also very linear, doesn't fit much with the F2 gameplay. I guess STALKER fans might enjoy the references and the humor (the writing is actually better than in any Total Conversion I played), but it's really more of a fun homage than a proper RPG mod.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
0xuYKFj.gif

ZDBche0.gif

bCcaU1z.gif

brRuU8L.gif

S4N98QT.gif

h3oeYgr.gif

Qa2kru9.gif

Now go play Rondo of Blood with a PC Engine emulator. Less frustrating, more paths, another playable character, bitching intro and a non-gay Dracula.
The snes game is a RoB port, of sorts, but with different layout for the most part, less features and more frustration.
But THIS IS the PC Engine version.

I played the SNES port long ago, but from what I remember it was nowhere near as hard as this one.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
0xuYKFj.gif

ZDBche0.gif

bCcaU1z.gif

brRuU8L.gif

S4N98QT.gif

h3oeYgr.gif

Qa2kru9.gif

But THIS IS the PC Engine version.

I played the SNES port long ago, but from what I remember it was nowhere near as hard as this one.
Hmm, I played both a couple of years ago and IIRC I found the snes version harder and more frustrating. Maybe you remember DracX to be easier because if you played it at childhood and spent many hours on it, you developed that crazy muscle memory you can only get in those circumstances.

BKqcAl5.jpg

3zxDPGI.jpg

oH7yLn6.jpg

2ObpRI7.jpg

JXAr1Mt.jpg

I'm trying some obscure NES games I saw on a clinically depressed video game nerd top 10 video. Despite the fact that his collector's wall and comical demeanor are feeble veneers used stifle the subtle, forlorn cries of his inner torment... his game recommendations have been pretty good so far.

The Kickmaster is armed with every kick you could hope for. The crouching forward, the standing roundhouse, divekick and spinning bird kick to name a few. It's a fun game where you just kick everything and everyone.
UX3Meze.png

You also get spells and experience points.
rquiomg.jpg

5pZhHVE.jpg

s9CisZg.jpg

Uni8O78.jpg

aG5HdKJ.jpg

ibKGfRf.jpg

rYJ5TH6.jpg

3rYsgMk.jpg

SaKmuXW.jpg

8JlFuHx.jpg

w200986.jpg

etQXv2E.jpg

j2KBo1t.jpg

ATE8yKv.jpg

uwTqDtj.jpg

Zf2Oyss.jpg

07TNSnz.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom