Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Seven Dragon Saga February Update: Shaping the World

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Seven Dragon Saga; Tactical Simulations Interactive

After taking a break for the holidays, the developers of Seven Dragon Saga have resumed their regular update schedule. In the latest post, they offer a glimpse at the game's strategic world map:

The art team is beginning to shape the strategic map of the Firewind Coast, the setting for our first Seven Dragon Saga game. The water level is laid in, but not colored, and the rest of the color is just blocked in, but you should be able to see where we are headed. Harsh mountains, deadly badlands to the east, and sinister swamps to the far north will provide plenty of areas for exploration.

The lands are several hundred miles east to west, so there are plenty of places to discover ruins, stumble upon dangerous monsters, and uncover artifacts of power. Skills determine what you can discover, and how much effort it is to travel. Players can camp to rest and recover.

The game begins around the large bay in the north, the country of Aphelon, populated by the part draconic Feydri. They had belonged to a much larger, united kingdom, stretching well to the east, but their cousins, the Drakyri offended the dragons and paid the price. Now the mountains are awash in monsters, bandits and rebels, and the farther east is a parched badland, full of melted ruins, and shattered cities. The Drakyri themselves, cling to life deep underground, away from the keen sight and long memories of the dragons.

As we want exploration to be a big part of the game experience, it’s exciting to see the land come to life. The engineers are already working on the underpinnings, so it will be great to see the work of the two departments come together. Should be a great year for Seven Dragon Saga.
A response to a commenter on the TSI Facebook page reveals more information about the map's functionality:

A single icon represents the party, which can move freely. With the correct skills, the party may find footprints leading places, see patrols, and discover new locations. Locations are separate tactical maps. We intend to make it as alive as time allows, clouds certainly, day/night cycles, and whatever else fits time and budget.​

Nice - now you're talking Gold Box.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Eh? Weren't they making a game on Unity? I'm really confused now.

Dorateen

Arcane
No one will remember, but the developers had touched on this briefly, an overland map and camping system, in their kickstarter comments. However there was never a proper update before pulling the plug on the campaign. I suppose we are coming up on the one year anniversary next month of their crowdfunding demise. Never forget. The remark about this being a great year for Seven Dragon Saga makes me want to think they are forging ahead to self-publish.

Zeriel

Arcane

I thought it was jewnity too. New wave of UE4 CRPGs it seems.

Can't say I'm surprised. Why use Unity when you can use Unreal for (basically) free? The only people still hewing to Unity are newfags who are intimidated by an engine that doesn't hold their hand.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
You just made a huge mistake.

Bester:

giphy.gif

Aenra

Was severely disappointed with the way it all turned out..bad campaign (presentation and narration) followed by irregular follow ups. Combine this with other personal disappointments (WL2, PoE) and i had admittedly written this off.
Seems i got some catching up reading to do :)

Prime Junta

Starting to get intrigued. Kinda wrote this off after the KS tanked (yes, I did chip in), but it looks like this might go places anyway. Day 1 purchase if/when it comes out for sure, if only to support the effort.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
They had some really nice ideas in the original KS pitch, but they really screwed up the presentation. Glad to see they are still working on it.

I do wonder if we'll see a new KS pitch with something more concrete presented?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I thought it was jewnity too. New wave of UE4 CRPGs it seems.

Can't say I'm surprised. Why use Unity when you can use Unreal for (basically) free? The only people still hewing to Unity are newfags who are intimidated by an engine that doesn't hold their hand.
Don't you have to pay a certain amount of your profit if you use UE4?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Backed this the first time around... would back again if they remade their KS pitch.

Darkzone

Arcane
Hey didn't the used Unity? Because they are using now Unreal 4.
Edit: Ok everybody else has noticed this too.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom