Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline BureiBuru: Kurohono Puhantasama

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Awesome, CP is damn good. Story mode declined, but the gameplay is solid.

Only issue I really have is that sometimes Overdrive activates when I want to Burst, which usually gets me killed. Also, I like Kokonoe's playstyle, but since she's hideously broken beyond belief, I have to wait until she's nerfed before I can seriously use her; she might be worse than Nu was in Calamity Trigger.

Whisky

The Solution
Patch was recently released. It's pretty conservative, though some players are really upset (Seen a lot of angry Hakumen players, not sure why, it doesn't look that bad for him.).

Kokonoe had the most changes, for obvious reasons. Heavily reduced her damage output, so I feel less shameful for using her on occasion. From what I gather, people still consider her God Tier though. (From what I gather, the tiers didn't really change at all in general.)

Still, my main man Hazama isn't hurt at all, save for a reduction in damage on one of his distortions.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Until I can get off my ass to figure out how to whip up a US PSN account, no DLC characters for me (I really should get around to learning how it goes, given how the box came with a Terumi unlock code).

Whisky

The Solution
It's pretty easy, I've got my Japanese and EU accounts though I don't really use either much. It's only difficult for Japanese accounts because of the language.

Whisky

The Solution
Kagura is Rance's long-lost brother.

His significantly less successful brother.
Such is the price for choosing consensual sex instead of tasteful rape.

EDIT: Also, got the DLC stuff today. Kokonoe's run animation is awesome.

Yes, yes it is. Fuckin' scooter and shit.

You missed the pre-patch Kokonoe though. That ice gun of hers used to almost take 1/8 of a character's health when they were guarding.

Vaarna_Aarne

Finished the story mode. Excellent stuff as always, and in I'm grateful they put the story on pause where they did, it was getting exhausting with all the drama and danger by that point so a bit of a break was in order. The choice of using a more linear mode was a mixed bag, on the other hand it provided a very coherent main story and allowed events to take place over a much longer period of time, it's still a bit of a bummer that not all characters have a separate mode. The sideplots didn't work that well, outside of the Phase 0 sequence they were mostly just confusing in terms of WHEN they happen.

Rating it /10

Whisky

The Solution
Awesome. I need to beat Story Mode. I didn't really have a high opinion of what I played (Still better than any other fighting game) but I should really get through it. Mostly I'm just bummed about the lack of character-specific story modes (I know, I know. This is a natural development for fighting games, since eventually they get too many characters to focus on.).

Vaarna_Aarne

Character specific modes would be really hard to pull off without it becoming a confusing mess this time around. The events in Calamity Trigger took place fast and in Continuum Shift still took place over the span of a few days (backstory stuff aside), while in Chrono Phantasma the main story takes place over several weeks and has even more character interaction than before. Ultimately it's just not doable anymore, and the sideplots highlight this problem due to how confusing it gets trying to place the events in it to the general sequence of events after the very first episodes which cover Azrael's release and Kokonoe escaping Sector 7.

Incidentally one of the story's best parts is the good guys' plan to take out Azrael. Bang's meteoric rise in value continues as well:

Calamity Trigger: Bang is a minor joke character and treated as the weakest one -> Continuum Shift: Bang saves multiple characters and is the only character so far to be complimented by Terumi for his fighting skills -> Chrono Phantasma: Bang goes toe to toe with RELIUS for realz (the guy who has so far pulled a one-sided curbstomp on both Rachel and Jin) and saves the world.

Whisky

The Solution
Yeah, Bang's the fuckin' man. Though if I recall, Terumi wasn't complimenting his fighting skills in CS, he was complimenting him making a smart retreat (Specifically, running away with two Nox Nyctores.).

Vaarna_Aarne

Nah he already expressed surprise on how good Bang is as a fighter BEFORE Bang used Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan to save the other characters present by retreating when Terumi thought Bang had just raised his power level to fight. The gist is really just that since Bang doesn't use magic, ars magus, armagus, Nox Nyctores, SCIENCE, or some form of superpowers, Bang is just so fuckin' man that he can hold up his own by just having trained so much.

Whisky

The Solution
Playable Celica and Lambda (?) coming to arcade versions this fall, DLC probably not long afterwards.

Celica is stated to be a character similar to Carl/Relius and also "Good for beginners new to the series." We'll see, I like playing as Carl already. Details are pretty scarce and what the devs say don't always reflect what the character is like on release. (I'm pretty sure they never said Kokonoe was a god-killing monstrosity that would be insta-banned in tournies before an inevitable nerf.)

Lambda...wtf. I mean, I thought the whole compromise between having just Nu now was that she had stances that reflected both characters. I guess it's easy enough to implement though, seeing as her sprites are already made. I guess some people miss Lambda's style, I kind of did myself (But CP Nu is better).

Gerrard

Arcane
Man, I don't even know what the fuck is going on with BB anymore, they have like 15 different spinoffs now and keep adding characters from them to the main game.
:badnews:
I only watch BuruRaji. 今井さんかわいい。

Vaarna_Aarne

Man, I don't even know what the fuck is going on with BB anymore, they have like 15 different spinoffs now and keep adding characters from them to the main game.
:badnews:
I only watch BuruRaji. 今井さんかわいい。
Well, so far BB has managed to stay fairly self-contained despite the vast number of spin-offs (mostly manga). Phase 0 manga's events are covered during Chrono Phantasma since it becomes relevant in its course, for example. So one can only care about the main series, which so far is just Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift + EXTEND, and Chrono Phantasma + the upcoming EXTEND of it.

So far the only one I've noticed being referenced often but not being elaborated on much is Remix Heart, which was that Military Academy pseudo-doujin thing the game's writer and some doujin artist have done, which appears to mostly revolve around (Makoto's) boobs and :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Vaarna_Aarne

I just realized I haven't gotten Extend for Chrono yet, since I was busy around the end of the year and I figured I'd get the shaft again due to being in EU and would have to get it from the Kwa like I did with the original version. I tried to get Xrd from EU PSN, but ArcSys hates EU and the EU digital release lacks access to all the DLCs and latest patches so I ended up getting it from Kwa instead too. I dread to think of what hijinks I'll have to go through to get Central Fiction when it comes out on consoles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom