Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
There's going to be a huge influx of beginner players for the first few months. Use that chance to learn the game with people of similar skill levels.

Edit: Oh yeah, send me a PM if anyone wants to add me on steam. I'm UK based so keep that in mind for connection stuffs. I'm also willing to help out anyone who wanna learn how to play (I'd consider myself in the low-mid intermediate skill, level wise).
Mofo add me, I'm uk too. What's your steam id?

HotSnack

Cipher
Do something that's simple and efficient, your B&Bs.

These are the ones i'm dropping :negative: i'm not too bothered, it'll take time and i'm not the most twitchy or reflexive, games like DOTA give me a headache.
Do you know why you're dropping your combos? Like, are you putting the inputs in too quick/too slow, you aren't making the correct motions, etc? I think the most common "newb trap" is people actually rushing their inputs instead of making sure they're entered in cleanly.

Latro

Arcane
First fighting game i'll learn basically, thanks for cross platform play. Training mode and a 2% win rate are in my future for a while.
just focus on anti-airing, that's probably the most important newbie skill that will let you sail to an easy intermediate level

seriously, even people who spend years playing but never put any focus into AAing are a dime-a-dozen in this genre

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Been down for me about an hour now, some people are online still. Just means i can do survival/training without interruptions.

I also did everyones mini story thing, possibly the worst artistry and storylines imaginable, lasting 2mins per char.

Archibald

Arcane
I thought you were complaining the game was becoming casualised, with the skill levels generally being lowered. +M

Everyone says combos are dead easy now, but i'm still struggling in training mode in the betas.

Not really complaining, just saying that from my understanding Capcom developed SFV focusing more on people who have never really played before than they did with their previous games. And thats not necessary a bad thing.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I got online earlier, and earned a little bit of FIGHT MONEY, but then I got randomly disconnected from the server and couldn't reconnect.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I thought you were complaining the game was becoming casualised, with the skill levels generally being lowered. +M

Everyone says combos are dead easy now, but i'm still struggling in training mode in the betas.

Not really complaining, just saying that from my understanding Capcom developed SFV focusing more on people who have never really played before than they did with their previous games. And thats not necessary a bad thing.

I would completely disagree with that sentiment considering the trial mode (which teaches some combos, albeit situational ones) isn't even available until next month or whatever.

I get the impression they're catering more towards FGC more than ever before - they launched the game without a real single player component knowing fully well that they'd take flak for it, but the core community won't really give a fuck.

HotSnack

Cipher
The problem is that they tied themselves up by setting up all their capcom pro tour dates and making sure its out in time for Evo, they have no choice but to release a half-finished game or else lose out on the PR and whatever money they sunk in related to it.

The login issues sucks though it just sounds like day 1 hiccups so I'm not too concerned. A few of my friends have said that their sticks are not working with this game though, which I hope the devs are looking at (I use a madcatz xbox360 stick and had no issues).

Anyway played a few online matches last night, and it felt incredibly satisfying that after only like 10 minutes of practice I already nailed a player with Ryu's full combo cancelled into V-triggerr then into his superart. Eventually I took off match searching so I can more properly mess around with the game.

Some random thoughts from what little I've played so far:
  • As someone who never played and only watched the beta from videos. I am pleasantly surprised at just how *nice* the game feels while playing.
  • I had my reservations on Karin since they dropped her A3 moveset which I loved, but she plays better than I hoped. A lot of her rekka "mixups" in this game are complete trash though, which I find baffling since the devs have gone out of their way to make every move have some kind of purpose. I hope one day capcom might pull a SNK and release an "EX Karin", which brings back her old playstyle.
  • I am surprised how much I like Rashid after writing him off as another El-Fuerte type. :lol:
  • Laura's V-skill backdash seems really good in a game where normals are so unsafe. However I haven't had a chance to play her online yet so maybe its a lot more punishable than it seems.
  • I have no idea what's Fang's V trigger does. In fact I wish the game would actually explain what each character's V-trigger does in their respective command list. Considering how each character's V-trigger is unique this is pretty infuriating.
Edit: I also have no idea why this game can look so bad on the pc and still perform slugishly, when DOA5LR is prettier and plays with no performance issues.

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
qn4c2d.jpg

Heh. Now they're pushing it.

HotSnack

Cipher
Gotta grind that fight money to buy the other half of the outfit.

Though yeah they could have just given her a suit skirt and she'lls still look sexy and not oddly half dressed.

HotSnack

Cipher
FFS. That feeling when you practice a setup and forget that back recovery exists in this game. :negative:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
How do you put a number by a game and make that its review, when the bloody thing is going to grow and evolve during years?

Hey, Heartstone has very few cards and modes on release, 6/10. LoL was broken day one, 5.76/10.

It's stupid.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Shrug. Compare vanilla SF4 with Ultra, or LoL/Dota over the years.

The barebones release is inexcusable tho, way below those standards.

HotSnack

Cipher
I noted that I earned 50 fightmoney from winning a bronze level ranked match. In comparison, I earned maybe 12k from playing through story mode which took me about 30 minutes. Not sure how much the dlc characters will cost, but if the fightmoney is that low for winning ranked then I expect a whole lot of grinding...

Despite all the negativity, I'm pretty happy with the game. Just wish I could play online, as I can only spend so much time in the lab...

Mozg

Arcane
I assumed fight money goes up with rank, so you get more against highly ranked players?

Capcom is gonna catch an assburning for not having anything for the casuals like it's an arcade port from 1997. On a full price game. I think they must have gotten some bad market research numbers and they're scrambling to keep from losing money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom