Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alternative RPG Codex GOTY 2015 VOTE!

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
SitS: 7 - felt fresh and original and I like puzzles in my CRPGs, char development was a mess though
Underrail: 8 - could be great with less frequent respawns, and either more fast travel options or the option to run ... the story is too barebones for a single char CPRG in my book
FO4: 5 - surprisingly fun shooter, gets repetitive fast (raiders everywhere, this is really just a shooter) and the settlement mechanics are nonsense though
Witcher 3: 6 - huge empty areas with just trash mobs in them, felt kinda realistic in that regard, combat is boring, story is gud, but who cares about that
Dead State Reanimated: 5 - good start, runs out of steam halfway through though
Undertale: 1 - wtf mang! maybe it gets better later but the start is abysmal, also I hate bullet hell minigames and the gimmicky C&C were just pointless

That's about it, didn't try out D:OS Enhanced or AoD yet.
And I didn't play through any of the above mentioned games. Will try to finish SitS and Underrail at some point though. And maybe Twitcher 3, but just thinking about combat and char development in that game makes me yawn.

Last edited:
Underrail: 9 IMO what Underrail loses with it's story and dialogue, compared to AoD (although, still satisfying), it wins with it's character advancement and skills. AoD's combat is fun, but Underrail's even better in my opinion. Love it.
Age of Decadence: 9 - I really love how many ways you can twist and turn the story by your actions and background, and have different endings. Has some issues, but you can forgive the most for the game is just so damn good.
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition: - 7 Haven't given it enough time to fully really rate it, but I'm going to do it anyway (for blasphemy!). Early-ish impressions.
Pillars of Eternity: 6 - I wish I could give it higher rating, because I really tried and wanted to love the game, but it just feels a bit hollow with it's story and areas. A lot of potential, though. Pretty fun at it's best.
Wasteland 2: 5 - Decent game and worth a try, but leaves a lot to be desired. I really don't think that skill mechanics function in a great way, many areas are rather dull, and the story is very average, as is it's the game world (could easily have been better).

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 9

Underrail - 9

Satellite Reign - 8

Age of Decadence - 8

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin - 8

Dead State: Reanimated - 8

Serpent in the Staglands - 8

Blackguards 2 - 7

Hand of Fate - 7

Invisible, Inc. - 6

Pillars of Eternity - 6

Shadowrun: Hong Kong - 6

Legends of Eisenwald - 5

Fallout 4 - 3

Unwanted

The Nameless Pun

Unwanted
No need to be sorry, the fun factor in my opinion is overrated. Bethesda and bioware games are perfect games for having fun since they point exclusively at that, they are literally built around the scientific and sistematic destruction of the rpg elements in order to reduce to zero any kind of frustration or doubt regarding the best outcome of any situation. So, when I play a game I don't take into account the fun factor anymore. If a game can give me a meaningful rpg experience I consider it a better game than a bethesda game, even if I had more fun with the latter. I think that one needs to be objective in formulating a judgement, listening not to the guts but to the brains instead.

ya but you're also a retard that's trying way too hard to fit in so no one except the other retard who can relate to you will pay any attention to you
Still butthurt from our previous confrontation? Leave the adults discussing kid, you have still a long road to travel before trying to reason with me.

there's nothing to be butthurt about, i literally think you're a retard and probably fat and/or a virgin with very few friends

i'd be very very surprised if you're a functioning normal person lol

i mean lets be real, it's one thing to casually post on these boards, one thing to tryhard on these boards to be edgy but it's a whole animal all together when you claim discovering these boards changed your life and made you completely change your outlook on preferred entertainment within ~1 year to suck up to people on the rpgcodex of all places

and there's no such thing as a confrontation on any online forum, if i thought people on the internet were worth any real time/mental effort i'd use punctuation

tell me more about how discovering planescape torment in 2015 changed your life lol
I think you might have serious text comprehension issues and/or massive inferiority complexes . Why do you keep talking to me? Need my approval about trivial attempts to sound reasonable? I don't even take into account your existence, let alone wanting to talk with you.

EDIT: P.S. Yes, I'm still virgin, alas.
P.P.S. I also happen to study medicine, and I doubt that qualifies as being a functioning normal person, according to a certain genius on these forums.

the reason i'm quoting you is because i think you're an idiot and it's funny

you= "PLAYING PST FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2015 CHANGED MY LIFEEEE"

Why do you keep following me? You've already proven to everybody you're a retard, whose posts show no sign of actual brain activity. What else do you wish to accomplish?

AoD and PoE are shit. Deal with it.

the reason i quote you is because i think you're a retarded foreigner thats drank way too much dirty water in his life

you = "IM TOO POOR TO BUY PLANESCAOPE NUMANERA BUT IM GONNA BITCH ABOUT IT ON FORUMS CONSTANTLY"
Listen kwanzabot, I'm sorryif I offended you somehow, if I did it wasn't my intention, and I ask you if we can have a good conversation. Why not? Besides, I didn't say pst changed my life but that the codex changed my way of interpreting pc games. I think these are very different things.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Witcher 3: 7
Fallout 4: 4
Pillars of Eternity: 4
SRHK: 7
Serpent in the Staglands: 9
Hardwest: 7
Invisible Inc: 6
Blackguards 2: 4
Wanderlust Adventures: 7

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I didn't say pst changed my life but that the codex changed my way of interpreting pc games. I think these are very different things.
They're only different things if you're a somewhat normal, functioning, human being and -unlike some- your entire life doesn't consist of playing games and jerking off. But such is probably far beyond the reach of such a person's imagination and argumenting that it as useful as a pedal powered wheelchair.
I'd just suggest you stop feeding the troll... especially since it appears to be you he's after.
(And stop poluting the poll, toro's got votes to count and maths to do! Find some Undertaile thread to go shit in.)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
the reason i quote you is because i think you're a retarded foreigner thats drank way too much dirty water in his life

you = "IM TOO POOR TO BUY PLANESCAOPE NUMANERA BUT IM GONNA BITCH ABOUT IT ON FORUMS CONSTANTLY"

Yep, obviously you suffered severe brain damage or there was nothing to damage there in the first place and nobody cares what you "think" because you are not capable of it.

Perhaps you'd like to send me some more PMs too? You know, just to show even more how simple brains get hung up on one thing and never let go.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Undertale: 10
Bloodborne: 9
Dark Souls 2 Scholar: 7
Hand of Fate: 5
Pillars of Eternity: 4
Fallout 4: 3

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Perhaps you'd like to send me some more PMs too? You know, just to show even more how simple brains get hung up on one thing and never let go.
He also sent me a PM where he told me how butthurt he is :D(on a different occasion though). Possibly retarded or worse.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter

Yep, obviously you suffered severe brain damage or there was nothing to damage there in the first place and nobody cares what you "think" because you are not capable of it.

He also sent me a PM where he told me how butthurt he is :D(on a different occasion though). Possibly retarded or worse.

it's because you're both retard foreigners and it's funny lol

Goral the offer still stands i need someone to clean my toilet, since it's a job your people succeed at i thought you'd be interested?

FeelTheRads if your country has dominos pm me your address and i'll buy you a few pizzas, if you can't afford the new planescape it's obvious you need it

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
After finally exploring AoD properly I can vote:
PoE: 6 (would rate lower if I was rating how disappointed I was)
Underrail: 9
Age of Decadence 8 (more like 8.5 really)
Untertale: 7
Witcher 3: 8 (though if I was rating the base game + HoS it would get a 9, while HoS itself would get a 10)

Mortmal

Arcane
^ These guys are making this thread a:decline:.
Go fight somewhere else.
You gotta be kidding you insulted me one page ago to try to drag me in a flame war and you blame other people for doing the same. This den is full of hypocrits , liar and thieves, craving for brofists from their peers.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
You gotta be kidding you insulted me one page ago to try to drag me in a flame war and you blame other people for doing the same. This den is full of hypocrits , liar and thieves, craving for brofists from their peers.

pjdlTAj.jpg

bloodlover

Arcane
Jesus Christ so many low numbers for PoE. What the fucks is up? I understand the game probably did not deliver 100% but damn...
What happened was enough good competition, and also Age of Decadence & Underrail.

I thought voting was supposed to reflect the user's opinion on the game overall not by comparison to other games. If you give Underrail 9 and PoE 3, does it mean that Underrail is a 9/10 just by comparison to PoE?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom