Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Another writer leaves - Bioware's ship 's sinking faster than we thought

Mass Effect: Andromeda lead writer confirms he has left BioWare
Andy Chalk 2 hours ago
Mass Effect Andromeda

Chris Schlerf, who joined BioWare in late 2013 to take over the lead writing duties on Mass Effect: Andromeda, has announced on Twitter that he has left the studio, and is now working in the same capacity at Destiny developer Bungie. His LinkedIn profile indicates that he actually departed BioWare in September of last year, but he only confirmed the move today.
To confirm what some folks asked about a few months back, I am no longer working on ME:A at BioWare Montreal.

— schlerf (@schlerf) February 16, 2016
“Sincerely one of the best experiences of my career-I'm incredibly grateful to have worked w/ such talented & truly wonderful human beings. Think MEA is really gonna blow people away; couldn't be prouder to be part of it, & excited like a lil kid to play the final when it's out,” he wrote in follow-up tweets. “All that said, very happy to be back in Seattle, working with this scrappy little company called Bungie that some of you may have heard of. Think we might have some interesting stories to tell...”

Schlerf is the second high-profile writer to leave BioWare in recent weeks. Just a month ago, former Dragon Age Lead Writer David Gaider left the studio as well, shortly after which he joined Beamdog, the studio making Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, as its creative director. Schlerf's new gig with Bungie has a similar back-to-his-roots twist: Prior to coming to BioWare he was with 343 Industries, where he served as the lead writer on Halo 4, the series that fell to 343 after Bungie moved on to Destiny.

It came to light last summer that Bungie was hiring for a PC-related project. There's no official word yet whether that project is Destiny, but if it is, maybe this means it will finally have a story by the time we get it.
[src]
And nothing of value was lost. :timetoburn:

Baron

Arcane
Aren't writers generally contracted for projects... and once the plot was written, voiced, and any changes made... wouldn't that complete their job?

It doesn't follow that if a large company loses an individual contract worker at the end of the project they were hired to work on that the company is on the verge of collapse. But hey, I too was pretty bitter at Bioware because I couldn't romance Wrex, so I understand the source of your frustration. I wanted to be licked all over by that alien toad.

Let's just hope that Schlerf did his job right before he got canned and let players hit some of those fine jellyfish looking creatures in Mass Effect 1. Day one purchase.

Aren't writers generally contracted for projects... and once the plot was written, voiced, and any changes made... wouldn't that complete their job?

It doesn't follow that if a large company loses an individual contract worker at the end of the project they were hired to work on that the company is on the verge of collapse. But hey, I too was pretty bitter at Bioware because I couldn't romance Wrex, so I understand the source of your frustration. I wanted to be licked all over by that alien toad.

Let's just hope that Schlerf did his job right before he got canned and let players hit some of those fine jellyfish looking creatures in Mass Effect 1. Day one purchase.

* Christ, I sound like Blackheart... goddamn you Codex.
Eh. :0/5:, you should try harder.
Anyway, it's that Halo 4 guy, so the plot will be shit regardless of his leave, at least if he really finished the job and wasn't just canned.

Baron

Arcane
You'll still play it, right? Regardless of your bitching... you'll be the first here to play it. It's why you make Bioware threads.

You'll still play it, right? Regardless of your bitching... you'll be the first here to play it. It's why you make Bioware threads.
7feee310d6b31f495ef35bxrx7.jpg

Baron

Arcane
Shitposter Veteran, you're yet to back up your Bioware Doom story with anything at all, given a company with roughly 800 employees lost a single contract worker at the end of a project.

But hey, if you can't explain your position without posting some more edgy gifs, that's okay. You managed to cut and paste the original article and attached your own negative spin to it. At least you tried.

Mustawd

You guys joined within one days of each other. You're basically Codex brothers.

PLZ STAHP FIGHTING!!

baby-crying.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom