Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post-Apocalyptic goodness for the Poles, with pics for all

MountainWest

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
I just wrote an email to the afterfall team and asked for an interview with questions picked by the community. Going to open an official thread in RPG General Discussion where you can post your questions.

Great initiative Jarl! I'll see if I can find time to read up on some non-polish info on afterfall. To find a relevant question, I mean. Any idea of a deadline?

Durwyn

Prophet
Loads of the questions were from polish AF forum and NMA, as I said there was also topic on codex but there was no interest. The questions devs asked themselves were just basic information.
AF looks highly vaporware becouse of dev's not showing any progress on project... Yeah, I Know their talk - "We are busy on techdemo for publisher... we can't show you anything yet..." I know the II guys are passionate and devoted to their job but not showing any signs of progress will not do any good... One or two interviews for local sites isn't enough. Their english forum on NMA is rather dead for months... I see dark clouds over AF if they still be going the same way...

MisterStone

Arcane
This definitely looks like a case where the concept art (chainsaw on a stick! Kick ass!) outstrips the screen shots.

Astromarine

Erudite
stargelman said:
Elwro said:
I have a plan :mystary:
Is it as cunning as a weasel on fire?

Is it as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Briosafreak said:
Here is the NMA Afterfall forum, in English. You can ask all you want there too.

Dudes aren't extremely talkative, though.

An interview would be nice, but I warn you, Afterfall's PR can get messy, so you'll have to be patient with them and their English.

Is it as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning?

Blackadder yay.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Walkin' Dude said:
I like it how only men are mutated. But you cant have any concept art without big-boobed whores, can you now?
My assumption is that the people wearing gas masks are not mutated, but only the sex slaves are naked.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Claw said:
My assumption is that the people wearing gas masks are not mutated, but only the sex slaves are naked.

Eh.

Personally I don't like that piece of art, but I've been partial to this:
Afterfall_w_gr_04.jpg

More in NMA's gallery, including, well, more whores.

Concept art is a misnomer, note. A lot of this isn't concept art, more promotional art, since a lot of this won't be in the game or at least isn't used for in-game art reference, as far as I know.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Durwyn said:
AF looks highly vaporware becouse of dev's not showing any progress on project...
If they switch engines again, we'll know it for sure.
However, maybe the issue is just that development does take a really long time, and while you can show concept art and even models/environments relatively early, it takes up to close to the release until you can show somethat that resembles an actual game. I haven't really followed AF closely, though, so I can't judge.

Brother None said:
Concept art is a misnomer, note. A lot of this isn't concept art, more promotional art, since a lot of this won't be in the game or at least isn't used for in-game art reference, as far as I know.
OIC. Bethesdean concept art.

Globbi

Augur
Concept ar has a lot of definitions but for sure those pictures aren't promotional arts. They were just made as some kind of inspiration for the game (while there are also a few concept or promo arts in the gallery)

Dudes aren't extremely talkative, though.
That's true but only questions asked there are "any news?" from time to time.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Globbi said:
Concept ar has a lot of definitions but for sure those pictures aren't promotional arts. They were just made as some kind of inspiration for the game (while there are also a few concept or promo arts in the gallery)

I'm unsure of the inspirational function of this kind of art.

Though I guess the term promotional art has some negative connotations too. This kind of negative. And that might not be fair here.

Globbi said:
That's true but only questions asked there are "any news?" from time to time.

As long as those questions keep being ignored for months on end, interest won't grow and people won't be apt to ask more questions. That's the AF guys' own fault, to be honest.

Globbi

Augur
Brother None said:
I'm unsure of the inspirational function of this kind of art.
Well, that how devs explained those pictures.
As long as those questions keep being ignored for months on end, interest won't grow and people won't be apt to ask more questions. That's the AF guys' own fault, to be honest.
Yeah, I know. It's about the same on the polish AF forums but we somehow manage to get an interesting discussion sometimes :P. Anyway, people seem to not notice that you often know and hear lot less about games so early in production. It's not strange they don't care about PR yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom