Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games on drugs

hello friend

Arcane
Play the Heroes of Might and Magic campaigns. Or King of Dragon Pass. Heroes Chronicles. The Oregon Trail. The Amazon Trail.

Same thing as Disciples 2. Love Heroes, tedious to play alone. Could give it a shot tho, I should really beat Chronicles sooner or later.
Maybe you just need heavier drugs. I've played Chronicles on an obscure pcp analogue and by damn! That was some shit!

Maybe try Albino Lullaby? Definitely satisfies the trippy visuals bit, haven't played it myself so can't speak to the gameplay, but modern adventure games are usually pretty easy - which helps when the chemicals make you dumb.

Oh, hey - try Disciples 1 instead of 2. It's a much better game overall, and it's a lot more atmospheric - something you'll really appreciate whilst high.

v1rus

Arcane
Maybe you just need heavier drugs. I've played Chronicles on an obscure pcp analogue and by damn! That was some shit!

Maybe try Albino Lullaby? Definitely satisfies the trippy visuals bit, haven't played it myself so can't speak to the gameplay, but modern adventure games are usually pretty easy - which helps when the chemicals make you dumb.

Oh, hey - try Disciples 1 instead of 2. It's a much better game overall, and it's a lot more atmospheric - something you'll really appreciate whilst high.

Hm. Yeah, i should really check out some heavier stuff. Not that experienced really, been on weed and speed (which is total shit, but makes DOTA a walk in the park).

Albino Lullaby looks great. I'll give it a try, but not alone, since that shit is absolutely terrifying.

And i actually like the Disciples 1 idea. The gameplay is mainly the same, right? As far as i can remember, even the Unit progression trees are same. No elves makes my heart break tho :(

hello friend

Arcane
Hm. Yeah, i should really check out some heavier stuff.
Oh, you shouldn't take what I say as an encouragement to broaden your psychopharmacological horisons. I recommend staying away from drugs. It can be crazy fun, but it can have some pretty subtle downsides, too. Get into meditation instead.

That said, if you are going to take stuff, heavy doses of hallucinogens or dissociatives (my favourite) are where it's at. Nothing else compares to the really trippy stuff. But don't do it, man. Work on your spiritual development instead.

v1rus

Arcane
Hm. Yeah, i should really check out some heavier stuff.
Oh, you shouldn't take what I say as an encouragement to broaden your psychopharmacological horisons. I recommend staying away from drugs. It can be crazy fun, but it can have some pretty subtle downsides, too. Get into meditation instead.

That said, if you are going to take stuff, heavy doses of hallucinogens or dissociatives (my favourite) are where it's at. Nothing else compares to the really trippy stuff. But don't do it, man. Work on your spiritual development instead.

No fear, I'm not gonna pump my veins with junk, cause a guy from codex told me to do so. Would've been dead long time ago, wouldn't i? :)

Nah, wanted to try something new for quit some time, but way too lazy.

majamaja

Augur
Marijuana's better utilized by employing its dysphoric effects to add a tinge of adventure to IRL. Play the original hiking simulator, or honor the Scythians by throwing a bushel of it on the fire in the smokehouse and then playing some buzkashi.

hello friend

Arcane
No fear, I'm not gonna pump my veins with junk, cause a guy from codex told me to do so.
That's not exactly what I mean by subtle downsides. Even marijuana (ZOMG ITZ CURE CANCERR!!) has it's share of detrimental effects. There is a tendency among those who smoke to pretend these don't exist, as there is a tendency among those who don't to invent all sorts of shit to scare people away from ever trying it in the first place.

Hey, you make your own choices, I'm just saying anything you can do in life has a price of some sort.

You know you can extract THC crystals from weed using simple methods? Ever tried it?

v1rus

Arcane
No fear, I'm not gonna pump my veins with junk, cause a guy from codex told me to do so.
That's not exactly what I mean by subtle downsides. Even marijuana (ZOMG ITZ CURE CANCERR!!) has it's share of detrimental effects. There is a tendency among those who smoke to pretend these don't exist, as there is a tendency among those who don't to invent all sorts of shit to scare people away from ever trying it in the first place.

Hey, you make your own choices, I'm just saying anything you can do in life has a price of some sort.

You know you can extract THC crystals from weed using simple methods? Ever tried it?

True, too many idiots shout "CANCER CURE" so they could just do drugs. Yeah, I know drugs (even marijuana) have serious drawbacks, just like alocohol, tobbaco and w/e else does. Thats prolly the biggest reason I havent experimented with anything else, and that i prolly won't, any time soon.

Now, you got me interested on extracting. What are the pros and cons, and why would you do it exactly?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
When I opened this thread I thought I'd see games that were probably made by completely drugged developers. And there are crazy games like that.

hello friend

Arcane
Now, you got me interested on extracting. What are the pros and cons, and why would you do it exactly?
1) Crystals are much easier to conceal, both visually and in terms of smell. You can mix it in with a pack of rolling tobacco - dun matter if you get stopped, no one will ever know. Takes a lot less space too, so if you start selling it won't be as much of a hassle + you'll have a product practically no one else in your area (presumably) has.

2) Cleaner smoke, less impurities.

3) If you want to end up crawling on the floor high out of your fucking skull. Whether this becomes the case obv depends on how much you take, but when you're smoking crystals you gotta be careful not to overdo it.

hello friend

Arcane
Very simple, but slightly dangerous.

You need a goodly amount of the dankest shit you can get. Get some high-proof alchohol (higher is better), throw it and the bud into a pan or equivalent, and heat to a little over lukewarm. Not too hot, or you'll lose potency. You'll want to ventilate well because of the alchohol fumes. Make damn sure there are no open flames or anything that will cause a spark around. You'll might get a little inebriated from the fumes, but as long as you ventilate you won't pass out or anything. After you've done this a while (don't remember how long, 10 minutes or so?) let it cool a bit, chill in freezer, run it through a coffee filter, chill in freezer, run it through coffee filter (put coffee filter in freezer too), rinse, repeat. You'll end up with crystals encrusting the filter. This is the THC + dunno, CBD, CBA, CBG etc.

Congratulations, you just got yourself the strongest shit on the block.

Seeing as it's so pure, you'll build tolerance real quick, though.

Worth noting: there's a timing element to the pan extraction process. The cannabinoids react with the heat to form other cannabinoids that aren't as pleasant (CBG isn't that great. CBD is nice nice nice). If you leave it too long you'll end up with more CBG, and you won't get as good a high.

v1rus

Arcane
Very simple, but slightly dangerous.

You need a goodly amount of the dankest shit you can get. Get some high-proof alchohol (higher is better), throw it and the bud into a pan or equivalent, and heat to a little over lukewarm. Not too hot, or you'll lose potency. You'll want to ventilate well because of the alchohol fumes. Make damn sure there are no open flames or anything that will cause a spark around. You'll might get a little inebriated from the fumes, but as long as you ventilate you won't pass out or anything. After you've done this a while (don't remember how long, 10 minutes or so?) let it cool a bit, chill in freezer, run it through a coffee filter, chill in freezer, run it through coffee filter (put coffee filter in freezer too), rinse, repeat. You'll end up with crystals encrusting the filter. This is the THC + dunno, CBD, CBA, CBG etc.

Congratulations, you just got yourself the strongest shit on the block.

Seeing as it's so pure, you'll build tolerance real quick, though.

Worth noting: there's a timing element to the pan extraction process. The cannabinoids react with the heat to form other cannabinoids that aren't as pleasant (CBG isn't that great. CBD is nice nice nice). If you leave it too long you'll end up with more CBG, and you won't get as good a high.

Thank ya for the tip, I'm sure there's a way to make my pharma friend think that this is a good idea.

For best results you'd want something engaging and with immersive audio and visuals.

Master of Orion 2 would fit the bill. So would Geneforge with some ambient music in the backround (i actually think the fallout soundtrack goes with the game pretty well).

Shin Megami Nocturne would be a good choice, too. That game gets pretty trippy.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I would second the suggestion of HOMM games. HOMM2 and 3 hotseat MP is really awesome. Turn based too so if you phase out for a bit no harm lol.

v1rus

Arcane
For best results you'd want something engaging and with immersive audio and visuals.

Master of Orion 2 would fit the bill. So would Geneforge with some ambient music in the backround (i actually think the fallout soundtrack goes with the game pretty well).

Shin Megami Nocturne would be a good choice, too. That game gets pretty trippy.

Hm, great suggestions, but why ambient music over Geneforge?

Does Fez get better on acid?

I doubt it.

I would second the suggestion of HOMM games. HOMM2 and 3 hotseat MP is really awesome. Turn based too so if you phase out for a bit no harm lol.

Indeed. Playing HoMM high with mates rocks. Actually, doing anything high with mates is great.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Once had a go on that old Wipeout game while fucked up on Peyote, pretty good shit, though me reactions were all over place. Used to hardly sleep when I were speedin me titties off, played Rune a lot at that time, some fair trippy shit in that. Played Soldier o Fortune wi a fair bit a charlie up me hooter, fuckin funny game, laughing me head off while shootin blokes in bollocks an cuttin em up wi knife, good game.

Oh i'd avoid pen n paper while too pished, few shandies is alright but after that it all gets silly an nowt gets done.

I would recommend playing competitive online games. That aside, I've had some fun with Goat Simulator, Road Redemption, Evachron Mercenary, Bloodlines, Soulbringer and the Grimrock series. Also Arcanum.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
What value does the idea of little kids being worthless little shits whose experiences are not special or even notable have? Oh not convenient and make them feel like special snowflakes? oht oo bad

Oh man I was high...I was so deep...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom