Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ban people who don't disable "sent from my * using Tapatalk"

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
What is happening here?

Lähetetty minun SM-G3502T käyttäen Tapatalk

e. What is SM-G3502T and what is Tapatalk?

kangaroodev

Educated
Sent while breathing Air and using my Fingers to type Letters
Sums up the whole tapatalk thing, I really don't see how anyone thinks that it's useful to us to know they are using tapatalk. I don't understand why people can't simply post directly on the site without any other fancy apps, it's not that hard...

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Sent while breathing Air and using my Fingers to type Letters
Sums up the whole tapatalk thing, I really don't see how anyone thinks that it's useful to us to know they are using tapatalk. I don't understand why people can't simply post directly on the site without any other fancy apps, it's not that hard...
A bunch of pretentious old men playing at running the world.
But the world left them behind long ago -- we are the future.

사용하여 내 SM-G3502T로부터 전송 Tapatalk

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Get off my thread, ageist millenials! Back in my day we had to download discussions through a 14.4 modem - both ways, in the cold and barefeet. Or something.

Turjan

Arcane
I really don't see how anyone thinks that it's useful to us to know they are using tapatalk.
I guess, for some people, the other part of the message is important, which is to let the world know they could finally afford their first smartphone.

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

thesoup

Arcane
I really don't see how anyone thinks that it's useful to us to know they are using tapatalk.
I guess, for some people, the other part of the message is important, which is to let the world know they could finally afford their first smartphone.

Maybe the message is that you don't have to be smart to use a smartphone.

No Great Name

Arcane
It's probably just a convenient way for the developers to advertise without spending a dime.

It's pretty annoying.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
There was actually a global setting for this on the admin level that I disabled a few years back. Since I noticed that the sigs have started appearing on my site too I've checked what's up and what'd you know... Tapatalk turned this into a paid setting for admins now. It's not like we need more reasons to want to get rid of Tapatalk but they seem to keep on delivering. On the other hand, it's $10 per month and we'd get something worthwhile too:

Premium - $10 per month
All the features in Tapatalk Free + a “Build Your Own” (BYO) branded mobile app
  • No Apple or Google developer license required and Tapatalk submits the app.
  • Your name and logo on an app in both app stores
  • Google App Indexing to improve your SEO rankings by Google
  • Control of advertising through DFP and AdMob
  • WordPress Support
  • Push Notifications
  • Photo & Video Sharing in addition to Attachment support
  • Smart Banner directing members to your app
  • Customization of tabs and colors
  • Access to enable/disable signature, smart banner and media sharing in Tapatalk App
But since a native XF app is set to appear later this year it'd probably be better to wait for that, though it'll be more expensive for the same features. I could pay Tapatalk's ransom fee until then just to get rid of the usandos, though. DarkUnderlord

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
So? Just change all the Usandos to pictures of dildos or whatever like with "liberals"

(l iberals)

At least we'd have a little humor.

Zep--

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'd be happy to just uninstall Tapatalk completely. It keeps generating errors anyway.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
What Tapatalk gave us?
1) "usando Tapatalk" meme.
2) xkilljoy98

Fuck both.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thread is shit, OP is a faggot.

Sent from my Flashlight Sex Toy usando Tapatalk.

Severian Silk

Jungle canyon rope bridges. Under Thatcher. In the '80s. Do you remember?

made

Arcane
I'd be happy to just uninstall Tapatalk completely. It keeps generating errors anyway.
Getting notifications on my phone when someone brofists my posts is one of the few joys left in my life. Please don't take that away from me.

Also Codex doesn't work on mobile otherwise. When I try to open it in Chrome the forum is obscured by one giant ad with Arnold's digitized mug:

1oPsJbl.png

Tapatalk at least doesn't have many ads, and those that are there are very subtle.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
We're going to sort out the ads, they aren't supposed to be doing that. The problem is that I can't reproduce that and it only seems to affect certain users.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom