Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Iceblink Engine - RPG Module Creation Tools

Deleted Member 16721

Hey everybody! :)

Don't sleep on this. Please!

There is an engine created by a modder from NWN/NWN2 called the Iceblink Engine. This engine is capable of creating RPG modules that are old-school in nature and great fun for all!

Even YOU can create a module with these tools! Simply head on over to http://www.iceblinkengine.com/ and tell them Fluent sent you. :)

Seriously, though, I hope more creators of content check out this engine and make some interesting modules. The sky is the limit with these tools and very serious, very deep and very complex games can be created with it. Just check the downloads section for a small taste of what can be done.

Iceblink Engine 2 is in the works and will start off with some NWN modules ported there by the creator of the engine. Oh, and all games should be free going forward! Sweet, right?

Did I mention that it is seamlessly ported to Android and playable on phones and tablets? What more can you ask for? Just imagine when enough people get interested in these tools and start making epic, huge modules like the NWN days! It's very exciting to me, hence why I'm sharing this.

Hope you all like it. At least try some of the games and see for yourself! I suggest The Raventhal and Hearkenworld, for starters.

RPGs for life! Safe travels, everybody.

- Fluent

Mustawd

2D engine - *clutches pearls*
Party based - *clutches pearls harder*
Grid based - *clutches pearls so hard the necklace breaks*
Turn based - *faints like a dandy from the 1920s*

Deleted Member 16721

I have a "First Look" style video on my channel for The Raventhal. Check it out if you're curious to see one of these modules in action!

Spoiler - It's good, really good! :)

Gee whiz son, we already got threads about this here.

Apologies, then. However, I do want to spread the word more about this engine, so another thread is just another way to promote it a bit more. The more people that become aware of it, the better, as it could directly lead to more juicy and delicious modules for us all to enjoy! :)

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah the engine need more recognition. I find it disappointing that in spite of already released for some time there are barely any modules for it.

I always look for module in neverwintervault. Is there any other place for Iceblink module that I am not aware of?

Deleted Member 16721

Yeah the engine need more recognition. I find it disappointing that in spite of already released for some time there are barely any modules for it.

I always look for module in neverwintervault. Is there any other place for Iceblink module that I am not aware of?
Gee whiz son, we already got threads about this here.

Not that I know of, sorry.

But, the good news is there are at last 3 new modules in development currently, including a sci-fi one, apparently. I'll post more news abou those as I get them. I know Pongo's should be done around summertime. :)

BBMorti

Arcane
Hey everybody! :)

Even YOU can create a module with these tools! Simply head on over to http://www.iceblinkengine.com/ and tell them Fluent sent you. :)

- Fluent

You getting jewgold for that?

why-you-always-lying-feat.jpg

Dorateen

Arcane
I've done a lot of work in the Ice Blink toolset. Right now, the engine is being further refined as Ice Blink 2. I'm in the middle of the ongoing campaign I have built so far, although I slowed down over the winter. I'll post more updates soon, and still plan to release a new playable build this year.

The reason I was attracted to Ice Blink was for the features being a cross between the Gold Box games (turn-based tactical combat), Storm of Zehir party-chat conversations, with top down exploration.

Here's a link to the thread I have in the Codex workshop:

Hearkenwold

Deleted Member 16721

why-you-always-lying-feat.jpg

I'm not familiar with your terminology. I assume you're asking me if I get paid to promote the Iceblink Engine? LOL. :) Sorry, not laughing at you, just at the thought that someone out there would pay money to have someone promote something as niche as the Iceblink Engine.

In other words, no, I'm not getting paid, nor have I ever got paid for promoting anything. I promote things out of a genuine interest for the product, nothing more and nothing less!

I get paid when you guys start making awesome modules for me to play! That is my reward. :)

I've done a lot of work in the Ice Blink toolset. Right now, the engine is being further refined as Ice Blink 2. I'm in the middle of the ongoing campaign I have built so far, although I slowed down over the winter. I'll post more updates soon, and still plan to release a new playable build this year.

The reason I was attracted to Ice Blink was for the features being a cross between the Gold Box games (turn-based tactical combat), Storm of Zehir party-chat conversations, with top down exploration.

Here's a link to the thread I have in the Codex workshop:

Hearkenwold

Awesome! Keep up the great work. I am going to check out Hearkenworld soon and make a YouTube video or two about it. Can't wait to check out more of these modules and I really hope some of you reading this check this engine out! Think of all the gooey, nerdy Gold Box-style games you could make with this! Think of the possibilities! :)

Fluent, out. :salute:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Ah IceBlink. Backed it on KS for $25, fapped hard for a while after its release, then several months later it fell off my radar. Thanks for bringing it up again. I'm going to see if I can modify the ruleset to run 13th Age games.

Deleted Member 16721

Ah IceBlink. Backed it on KS for $25, fapped hard for a while after its release, then several months later it fell off my radar. Thanks for bringing it up again. I'm going to see if I can modify the ruleset to run 13th Age games.

I'm not familiar with 13th Age games. What are they?

Hey, the more modules we get, the better. It's kind of sad that engine hasn't taken off with people here on the Codex. It seems like a naturally fitting engine for hardcore RPG nerds to love, but I don't know. Please guys, if you're reading this, check this engine out! It has so much potential to do deep, party-based, turn-based RPGs with an interesting D&D style ruleset and interesting exploration with text events and triggers. It's really a beautiful thing.

More videos coming soon. I will explore Hearkenworld, the largest module in Iceblink yet, next.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
13th Age is based off 3e and 4e, but house-ruled so that it has a good balance between crunch and narrative.

Deleted Member 16721

13th Age is based off 3e and 4e, but house-ruled so that it has a good balance between crunch and narrative.

I'm fine with any edition, personally. But that does sound interesting. Give it a whirl and see what you come up, udm. And then share it with us all.

I can make a video of whatever you create/work on as well, to help spread the word.

Baron

Arcane
He got $14 from his requested $2,000 Patreon account.

What did you buy with that, Fluent? Also, why can't you work if you can write, play music, edit footage, use a computer etc?
Slowdive, the Iceblink creator, has posted here. Search works, try the workshop.

Thanks for reading. If you enjoyed my post don't forget to brofist me.

Deleted Member 16721

He got $14 from his requested $2,000 Patreon account.

What did you buy with that, Fluent? Also, why can't you work if you can write, play music, edit footage, use a computer etc?

I can't work for certain reasons I'd rather not get into.

I get $14 a month from Patreon currently, yes. I have had a few patrons drop in and out thus far. I'm not pushing it too hard anymore, but I might revamp it, make the pitch more interesting and then try to garner some more support going forward.

We'll see. Tips/advice for that sort thing are welcomed. :)

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Didn't you already write an abortion thread about your stupid youtube series?
You aren't even pretending anymore you cuck.

If you aren't banned soon you might be the first person I put on ignore - how did your advertising plant bullshit get past the mods?

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
thanks for finding this module engine i will be sure to check it out!!

fluent is quickly becoming one of the most helpful posters here ;)

Deleted Member 16721

Didn't you already write an abortion thread about your stupid youtube series?
You aren't even pretending anymore you cuck.

If you aren't banned soon you might be the first person I put on ignore - how did your advertising plant bullshit get past the mods?

Abortion thread? Advertising plant? I have no idea what you are even talking about. :(

My thread was simply sharing my love of RPGs with others who could appreciate it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not here to sell you anything. I'm here to share. It's that simple.

If others feel like I have something worth checking out, they will, and that's great. If not, that's ok, too. I'm not demanding anyone do anything and I'm not looking to do much of anything besides share my passion with fellow RPG nerds.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Someone said they're making iceblink 2; should we wait for that? Is it a big leap forward and set for release in the near future? I don't want to install iceblink if a month or two later they are going to release something better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom