Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tamriel Immersion Experience Released

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
http://www.stephanewuttunee.net/tnr_tie.html

Tamriel Immersion Experience is a mod for vanilla Oblivion; instead of adding new content from outside the construction set it removes level scaling, cranks the difficulty up, and adds a whole lot of stuff for thieves like secret entrances and underground passages. It only uses construction set resources, so the size is probably small. A few interesting features:

- Increased weapons and ammo damage - without NPCs having ridiculously high
levels of health. Vampires and other key NPCs will have higher health levels
however. Still, a level one player should be able to take them down. Think.
- No more fancy armour wearing bandits.
- All enemies and loot items unlocked at game start.
- Secret entrances into all cities and castles.
- Heavily tweaked and more natural wildlife behaviour.
- Far greater rarity of high end weapons and loot.
- Deadlier traps (wall darts, gas emitters, spiked floors, logs, etc).

1) NPCs have less conversations with each other.
2) All ten playable races have had their various attributes and skills tweaked in order to reflect their racial characteristics.

And 554 new NPCs.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
I'm also thinking about making a mod that adds directions to journal entries so that it's possible to play without the compass.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It still doesn't save it from the retarded mage guild quest does it?

As much cool to have all this on, unfortunately I've drained Oblivion of any possible entertainment...

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
One thing that bothers me is that he says it's for roleplayers while not adding any RPG elements. Anyway if it converts Oblivion from a retarded Action RPG to a fun and challenging stealth action game I will be pleased.

RK47

Patron
..how so? you hit the guy. then either he see you, or he doesn't. Stealth is just a binary state in that game. You can't really run and re-stealth once you're spotted, unless you abuse invisibility/chameleon.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
RK47 said:
..how so? you hit the guy. then either he see you, or he doesn't. Stealth is just a binary state in that game. You can't really run and re-stealth once you're spotted, unless you abuse invisibility/chameleon.

I thought that you were always detected after attacking unless you one-shotted. Maybe I just didn't have the patience with that game to get my sneak skill high enough.

Lingwe

Liturgist
One thing that bothers me is that he says it's for roleplayers while not adding any RPG elements. Anyway if it converts Oblivion from a retarded Action RPG to a fun and challenging stealth action game I will be pleased.

A lot of modders mistakenly believe LARPing to be roleplaying as well.

Deleted member 7219

Seems to me like this mod is a LARPing tool. Nothing more.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jaime Lannister said:
RK47 said:

I thought that you were always detected after attacking unless you one-shotted. Maybe I just didn't have the patience with that game to get my sneak skill high enough.

There's a mod which makes enemies search for you after being hit. That means that they won't spot you instantly when you hit them from far away and are behind cover, in darkness. I couldn't imagine playing the game without the mod again. Actually, there are many mods which I couldn't leave out of the game to make it slightly enjoyable.

Cassidy

Arcane
I'm sorry to say, but unless Bethesda GPLs Oblivion engine and some people dare to hack the AI and dialogue systems to improve them, no amount of modding will make Oblivion a good RPG

Section8

Cipher
It is with great sadness that I recommend that the best use for Oblivion is to turn the DVD into a futuristic belt buckle like the stripper from Bloodfist 2050, and sci-fi LARP.

don_tomaso

Liturgist
uh ever tried OOO for oblivion? it did the same thing as this mod.. Except for the 500 npcs, but not adding more npcs is a good thing imo. I mean, it doesn´t really matter how many npcs you put in there unless they actually have something to say.. Unless you´re a larper ofcourse, then you just imagine having great conversations..

But still, I don´t think I´ve ever encounterd so many dull, uninspiring, boring, and terrible dialogs in one game.. Even tetris had better dialog, at least tetris dialogs actually led to something..

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Morrowind-like experience

Wow that sounds great!

Actually no it doesn't

Because Oblivion will never have the great architecture and extensive background lore of Morrowind!!!!!!

I love morrowind and penis!!!!

You're a faggot.

:D

:x

FUCK YOU

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Cassidy said:
I'm sorry to say, but unless Bethesda GPLs Oblivion engine and some people dare to hack the AI and dialogue systems to improve them, no amount of modding will make Oblivion a good RPG

I said it didn't add any RPG elements. The description makes me think this mod could make Oblivion a good action game.

JarlFrank said:
There's a mod which makes enemies search for you after being hit. That means that they won't spot you instantly when you hit them from far away and are behind cover, in darkness. I couldn't imagine playing the game without the mod again. Actually, there are many mods which I couldn't leave out of the game to make it slightly enjoyable.

Link please? If I'm going to reinstall Oblivion this sounds necessary.

uh ever tried OOO for oblivion? it did the same thing as this mod..

No, read the descriptions for both, apples and oranges.

Serious_Business said:
I'm a total ass-faggot retard cunt!

That's nice.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jaime Lannister said:
JarlFrank said:

Eh, dunno really, just search for "Better Sneaking" on a Elder Scrolls mod site.

golgotha

Liturgist
JarlFrank said:
Jaime Lannister said:
JarlFrank said:

Eh, dunno really, just search for "Better Sneaking" on a Elder Scrolls mod site.
It made being an assassin almost viable. If you like archery, better download or create a mod that increases arrow damage while you're at it. Unless you like your sneak critical hits to the head take 5% of any given monster's life.

The_Pope

Scholar
Looks like this will turn oblivion into a second rate dark messiah. Which is a good thing.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
golgotha said:
It made being an assassin almost viable. If you like archery, better download or create a mod that increases arrow damage while you're at it. Unless you like your sneak critical hits to the head take 5% of any given monster's life.

I think increased arrow damage and speed is part of TIE.

RK47

Patron
hmmm OK. I'll wait when I run out of things to play. Glut of FPS at the moment ( GOW, Crysis, Timeshift, COD4)..except none medieval...

The_Pope

Scholar
+1 on that.

This mod is about #47 on my to play list, and by that time it might be out of beta :)

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
It's out of beta and pretty fun. However, it is NOT BALANCED at all. I'd recommend mages turning down the difficulty 2 levels, and fighters turning it down 1 level. Thieves can leave it as is, since sneak attacks do a shitload of damage.

But yeah, Oblivion w/ TIE is a pretty fun action game. I'd recommend it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom