Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Irenaeus VI

Novice
I just finished my Fallout 4 playthrough and I'd like to say it's awesome. I loved PoE, but it's inferior to Fallout 4 in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY.
Fun combat, better writing and more places to explore. Easily the best RPG of 2015.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
I just finished my Fallout 4 playthrough and I'd like to say it's awesome. I loved PoE, but it's inferior to Fallout 4 in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY.
Fun combat, better writing and more places to explore. Easily the best RPG of 2015.
I-Dont-Know-You-Anymore-I-Miss-The-Old-Us.jpg

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Fallout 4 Creation Kit should be up fairly soon, a private beta branch on steam has been enabled with the descriptor of "mods" so I'm assuming it's connected to the CK. Usually these beta branches go up in a private state 2-3 days before the public beta is started.

Taliensin

Educated
The power armor tossed by the side of the road is but one of the problems with muh immershun, we are expected to believe that literally nothing happened anywhere for 200 years until we came along to solve everyone's problems,people were born in raider camp x and stayed there their whole life never even bothering to check that building full of food 10 meters down the road, nobody could be arsed to fix the roof and the baddies throw rocks at you while keeping the deathray cannon in a box behind the bossguy for you to pick up after you put them out of their misery.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Moar Minecraft DLC:

Watch the official trailer for Wasteland Workshop, the second game add-on for Fallout 4. Wasteland Workshop will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Steam on Tuesday, April 12.

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
So basically, what I'm getting from all this is that Bethesda has gotten cleverer since they tried monetizing mods for Skyrim last year, and this time around they're just trying to side-step the entire thing by making all the obvious things that'd get modded in later paid DLC before they decide to release the GECK.

So what do you guys think will be next? Vehicles? A personalized underwater/underground base to put all your excess clothing and equipment?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Let's see if this one gets a higher Metacritic score than AoD.

Taliensin

Educated
eh,at least it has proper walls and roofs i guess.
Bonus snapshot of the steam forum, the mystery of the missing geck solved by your typical new beth fan.

"Did you ever think maybe they dont feel their hard work should be gutted by Modders? Or that they dont see pleasing Modders that gut their game as priority? I mean it is not like most Modders do anything but make the game easier for the crybabies out there. I am fairly new to PC Gaming and already learned if the game is too hard for me I can get a mod that will make it easier. UGH"

So what do you guys think will be next? Vehicles? A personalized underwater/underground base to put all your excess clothing and equipment?

IIRC they announced four mods at the start, including The Mechanist and this one. I'm trying to remember if the 'largest DLC landmass EVAR' is next or if they're keeping it for the first round finale.

Edit: Correction, it was three.

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game.../2016/02/16/77

So Far Harbor (the showcase DLC, as it were) is pretty much guaranteed to be next.

HatTrick

Scholar
I honestly would have liked Automatron better if it was like this fucking Wasteland Workshop shit and just let you make robots without any extraneous plot bullshit because I don't want to see any Bethesda writing ever unless they somehow convince Michael Kirkbride's crazy ass to come back.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So basically, what I'm getting from all this is that Bethesda has gotten cleverer since they tried monetizing mods for Skyrim last year, and this time around they're just trying to side-step the entire thing by making all the obvious things that'd get modded in later paid DLC before they decide to release the GECK.

This. Nothing in that DLC that modders couldn't do for free (and easier if Bethesda would release the GECK/tools). A joke to charge for this garbage. I have the feeling Far Harbor will be closer to Dawnguard than Dragonborn as far as content goes.

After that I expect another couple of paid mod DLC. I doubt there's another major content DLC since they'd have raised the season pass price to $80.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Watch the official trailer for Wasteland Workshop, the second game add-on for Fallout 4. Wasteland Workshop will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Steam on Tuesday, April 12.

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

Wow, I didn't expect Bethesda to build the foundations for the slavery mods.

MWaser

Arbiter
Bethesda is undermining what had always been their games' greatest appeal (at least in the recent years, which is how moddable they were) by waiting so long to release the GECK, and instead attempting monopolize some of the popular would-be mod choices. Really disgusting tbh, a shame none of the Bethesda fangays will catch on.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
The GECK will be released in a few days, it's taken so long to come together because they've been waiting on the Bethesda workshop infrastructure and the documentation to be completed and currently they're just putting it through some basic QA before unleashing it.

Also, even if you don't agree with the morals of Bethesda making a paid dlc similar to a mod legally they can do whatever the fuck they want with your mod because that's what you agreed to upon using the Creation Kit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom