Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death screams

Micmu

Magister
You're probably talking about the famous camel sound. A lot of (monster) sounds used in games and movies are actually unedited animal sounds.

Hory

Erudite
I don't know, it sounds pretty exaggerated, especially when it's used for human screams. I can't imagine an animal doing that one either.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jasede said:
holy shit. u cannot b sirius
Second warning.

Seriously though, having no sounds might be unbearably surreal. I'm pretty certain of it, actually. Heck, even an ancient 16 color RPG for the C64 had sound.
Can't you just buy a CD with 10,000 sounds you are allowed to use in your game?

Yes, I only read the first page. Report me, suckers.

Morbus

Scholar
And my...

WTF?!?!?!? Patrick Stewart?!?!
aiee.gif

Morbus

Scholar
More importantly, can sounds be modded in after the game is released?

laclongquan

Arcane
We wish to inquire as to whether We could add Our fav music files into Music folder, so that We could hear Our royal trumpet, orchestras and whateverthingagumy in-game.

Seriously, I would love to hear The Ride of Valkiries while battling my heart out with those scumbags, douchebags and whateverbags. Or while exploring the dungeon as well. That will console me to the lacking of sound.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pretty sure the lack of SFX was a joke. But placing the in-game music as .mp3s one can replace is never a bad idea.

Cassidy

Arcane
Jasede said:
Pretty sure the lack of SFX was a joke. But placing the in-game music as .mp3s one can replace is never a bad idea.

Slightly offtopic but...

I'm not too knowledgeable on Roman-style or faux-Roman themes besides those from movies with stories that happen in Ancient Rome(*cough* Gladiator *cough*). I think some orchestrated music, although not exactly like the type that was common in that age, as long as it doesn't follow certain trends, wouldn't be bad either. This is a bit early too, but any recommendations on "Roman Age" soundtracks with a desolate tone?

About sound effects, once I saw a TV program on how they are improvised and done. Things like lettuce, knives, putting a shoe sole on a moving plastic fan among other things. It would be a nice extra to have "Making of" videos of this stuff as a plus with both boxed and downloaded versions. If it comes in a password-protected zip or .pgp then this extras would be "unpiratable" as well(specially .pgp because breaking cryptography is not worth the effort). Uplink had something like that, a passworded .zip that only registered users from its game can access.

Morbus

Scholar
Jasede said:
I'd make it ogg though...

Cassidy said:
I'm not too knowledgeable on Roman-style or faux-Roman themes besides those from movies with stories that happen in Ancient Rome(*cough* Gladiator *cough*). I think some orchestrated music, although not exactly like the type that was common in that age, as long as it doesn't follow certain trends, wouldn't be bad either. This is a bit early too, but any recommendations on "Roman Age" soundtracks with a desolate tone?
Orchestrated music? No way. Age of Decadence is much better off with environmental music, I think. Non continuous music... C:

Cassidy said:
About sound effects, once I saw a TV program on how they are improvised and done. Things like lettuce, knives, putting a shoe sole on a moving plastic fan among other things. It would be a nice extra to have "Making of" videos of this stuff as a plus with both boxed and downloaded versions. If it comes in a password-protected zip or .pgp then this extras would be "unpiratable" as well(specially .pgp because breaking cryptography is not worth the effort). Uplink had something like that, a passworded .zip that only registered users from its game can access.
There are things like, you know, emails and shit where you can share information. Including passwords... :\ That wouldn't cut it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom