Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail - Serbian pillow talk, turning Tricks, taking tips

Roobenator

Novice
My Char is now Lvl 16 dex melee. I took eviscerate feat. How do I make it work? So far I've dumped knife for gloves as 1 hit with gloves does double damage as a eviscerate hit with a knife after bleeding effects. Also, does bladed boots+bladed gloves % stack?

axedice

Cipher
For my stealth psi, there is no best light armor. I change it occasionally based on the compositon of mobs in the map. Scouting has more advantages than just alpha strike.

Eyestabber and other theorycrafters,

What about muzzle brake for AR? Besides SMART module I mean. Isn't it a better upgrade than anatomically aware scope, even with critical power late game? It is a solid 28.5% (2/7) increase in DPT, where as AA scope is flashy but unreliable crits with ~15% increase? Though the only AR type available is 7.62 hornet w/o RR for double bursts.

Ziem

Arbiter
its good on 7.62 hornet like you mentioned, and for a secondary ar that you use for free bursts from commando feat

aa scope is pretty strong on a chimera rifle with a proper build (with survival instincts, critical power, and the ability to craft focus stims)

What's the best light armor?
depends on what do you mean by "light armor". low armor penalty, no str requirement or ..?
infused ancient rathound leather armor / regenerative tactical vest with supersteel sheet for a character that wants some mobility/stealth but doesn't care about dodge/evasion from nimble feat (these armors have 20% armor penalty)
infused rathound leather armor for a crit% build (pistols)
not sure what's the best choice for a character that wants to have armor penalty 15% or lower for nimble since there's plenty of choices that could make sense

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
My Char is now Lvl 16 dex melee. I took eviscerate feat. How do I make it work? So far I've dumped knife for gloves as 1 hit with gloves does double damage as a eviscerate hit with a knife after bleeding effects.
I would also like to hear some thoughts on eviscerate. How useful is it really?

I usually add 2-3 bleeding wounds on the target, is a 100-150% bonus to the attack that comes only after these circumstances worth the feat slot?

I'm between choosing this and opportunist for my knife build. Recommendations?

Also, does bladed boots+bladed gloves % stack?
I believe it's a % for adding another bleeding wound. So the percentage doesn't stack but the wounds stack. Same goes for bladed armor.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
What's the best light armor?

I lean towards infused siphoner leather black overcoat with your choice of galvanic or insulated padding. It gives protection to fire, acid, mechanic and electrical/cold depending on padding, as well as stealth, dodge and evasion at 15% encumbrance.

If you exceed Nimble requirement then you might as well make a tactical armor.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What about muzzle brake for AR? Besides SMART module I mean. Isn't it a better upgrade than anatomically aware scope, even with critical power late game? It is a solid 28.5% (2/7) increase in DPT, where as AA scope is flashy but unreliable crits with ~15% increase? Though the only AR type available is 7.62 hornet w/o RR for double bursts.

It makes me really glad to see people taking the lessons of my guide to heart. :P

Yeah, this question really only applies to 7.62 Hornet because everyone else will want a RR + Smart. When I wrote the guide I said I didn't test the 7.62 hornet and, well...I still didn't get around to it. :D So as much as I haven't personally tried, it is my belief that the anatomically aware scope will perform better IF you bring some +critical chance to the table. At "base" stats we have 5% chance to deal 140% damage which is 7% extra damage on average aka CRAP. However, when you toss focus stim and seeker googles into the mix you can easily raise your chance to about 35% (MORE if you add reckless) which translates into almost 50% extra damage with NO additional ammo cost.

So if you lack proper crit chance boosting options, it's either muzzle break or compensator. But if you do have all that good stuff, I would go with AA.

axedice

Cipher
This has probably been answered before, but can you save up a level to get your feat at an odd level? As in saving your skill points and feat at lvl12, and take critical power at lvl13?

Saduj

Arcane
What's the deal with the areas of DC where the "Eye of Tchort" debuff stacks up and then increasingly challenging minions start spawning?

Is there a limit to how many of these bastards spawn? If you can't kill them all, is there another way to stop them from spawning? Honestly, after 100+ hours already I'm not sure I'm up to dealing with areas that have unlimited spawning enemies.

Dead Guy

Cipher
Just walk through those zones, wait underground (undergroundunderrailunderunderundergrounddeepunderground) or in a zone where the debuff doesn't add up until it resets to zero, then continue on.

AFAIK the spawns are unlimited

As for preventing it
There's a fairly easy way to slow the debuff down so much it won't ever spawn enemies at you again unless you're retarded.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
My Char is now Lvl 16 dex melee. I took eviscerate feat. How do I make it work? So far I've dumped knife for gloves as 1 hit with gloves does double damage as a eviscerate hit with a knife after bleeding effects. Also, does bladed boots+bladed gloves % stack?
I tried Eviscerate for a bit and thought it was rather shitty for my character, so I decided to drop it. My char was a bleeder, but with light armor, so I didn't use any serrated armor to add to the bleeding. To my knowledge each piece of equipment that does bleeding has it's own saving throws, so the bleeding stacks but not the %.

Frankly the only way I think eviscerate might be worth it, is if you use those special bleeding gloves you find at some point.
Ripper's Glove

I'd say that if you use crafting and haven't one already, one of the crafting feats that increase component quality --like skinner-- are a much better alternative than eviscerate. Hell even the early feat "opportunist" which I chose late in the game probably yielded much better results than eviscerate.

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Pretty cool map posted on the steam discussion forums:

underrail-full-map-1.0.jpg

Inf0mercial

Augur
Do Psychokinesis/Thought Control powers make noise?

No, psi and stealth is a good combo with the multiple stuns letting you pick off isolated enemies, and if you get seen throw up the wall to block pursuit then run away and hide you can generally get away if you plan it out well enough re stealth and come back, how my psi and gun guy did the lunatics in institute underground bit.

Dead Guy

Cipher
Stabby stabbers, what feats to pick next?

Have:
Expertise, Crippling Strike, Dirty Kick, Taste for Blood, Cheap Shots, Recklessness, Opportunist, Nimble, Uncanny Dodge.

Guess I'm choosing between: Grenadier, Quick Tinkering, Fancy Footwork, Eviscerate, Cut-Throat, Power Management (will probably get this eventually/soon)

Cut-Throat might be nice to start tasting that blood a few hits earlier? Anything overrated in there, anything I'm missing? Weaponsmith worthwhile? Considered expose weakness but never really felt like I needed it.

Skills are Melee, throwing, dodge/evade, stealth, traps, mechanical, electronics, chemistry.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Fancy Footwork is must have. You get so many movement points you can gtfo and make people waste their turn trying to get LoS on you.

Grenadier is a good feat but I skipped it because with stealth you don't get that many opportunities to throw nades of same type more than once in a fight.

Cut-throat I also skipped, never needed it. It does not combo that well with taste for blood because the approach is to cut-throat someone and kill another with stabbings while his friend bleeds to death stunned.

Eviscerate is worthless because it removes the bleeds that you need to proc tfb.

Surprised you manage without expose weakness, I found it a must have on my knifer.

idk about tinkering/power management

damager

Arbiter
Fancy foodworks is awesome. One of the best feats I would say. Combos good with blitz.

Ripper is good.

Cutthroat is cool for taking somebody out completely before the battle starts. But costs 30 ap which makes it situational. But still usefull.

Everything on your list is nice just pick what you feel you need personaly.

Or what you think is fun.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Don't pick cut-throat. It's the only skill I regretted getting. It's too much fuss getting it right and you end up spending almost all your AP for this one kill, so if you fight groups, the others jump at you. I could easily ambush and incapacitate 2 or 3 opponents in my first turn normally, so I rarely used cut-throat. 1-hit kills are nice and all, but it just isn't worth it the ap and the whole fuss to hit from behind.

Eviscerate, I tried and wasn't satisfied. The damage you get isn't that high, unless you've managed to create a shitload of wounds on the enemy. So I reloaded and chose something else.

Fancy footwork is great. Definitely pick it.

I found Expose weakness extremely useful against heavily armored enemies.

If you go with crafted knives, weaponsmith is worth it. (I ended up using fists more often, so eventually I didn't take it).

Dead Guy

Cipher
Thanks guys, didn't notice the AP cost on cut-throat, that's def out then.

Dropping Eviscerate too, but it would've been fun to blow up Tchort with it or something.

Don't have the Will for Ripper unfortunately. Only about to head to Core City now, so it's very possible I just haven't run into anything requiring expose weakness yet. Robots and psi-beetles early on were the only things that were problematic in terms of DR/DT, but never really a problem with EMP nades and dirty kick. Think I used one of those electrical knives I found to do a bit more damage against the bots.

Fancy footwork it is, then. I'm already roflstomping most encounters, but more is fun. Might throw in critical power, too. I'm finding stabber much easier than burst can, but half of that is probably down to knowledge of the systems and not picking a useless feat at level 2.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Stealth and silent weapons make life a lot easier.

I'm thinking of just ditching dodge/evasion on my next stealth character if I get no melee skill.

Severian Silk

I have reached the level cap and feel a lot less motivated to continue on. I have not entered Deep Caverns yet. And I've been using the same armor and weapon for 1/2 the game. So there's going to be a lot of fighting with nothing to gain.

:(

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I have reached the level cap and feel a lot less motivated to continue on. I have not entered Deep Caverns yet. And I've been using the same armor and weapon for 1/2 the game. So there's going to be a lot of fighting with nothing to gain.

:(
Damn, which weapon and armor are those?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom