Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Tim Cain chats with Troika Chronicles

Anonymous

Volourn said:
... except when Fallout loses than winning doesn't matter or it was brianwashed mroons who caused it to lose. :lol:

Only morons would vote for something else, so it works.

Anonymous

omg i closely follow and praise something i enjoy alot, i must be some sort of crazy person

slavemaster

Novice
Not hell, but you can smell it from down the stree
Country_Gravy said:
But Fallout still wins... and winning is all that matters

No, Fallout the word wins, not necessarily Fallout the game.

POOPERSCOOPER said:
Volourn is a fanboy of anti-fanboys, so therefor OMG U DUM FANBOY LEWL!!!!

Sir, I'm afraid that imitating Jeff K went out of style many years ago. I move to charge Pooperscooper with the crime of capital idiocy and to have him summarily executed.

Anonymous

JEFFK imitated the internet, and I think the internet is still in such a state.

Mad_Dog

Liturgist
Exitium said:
I do believe that if this is in fact the case, then he is simply warming us (the public) up to his upcoming, possibly post-apocalyptic/sci fi title so we know what to expect, and due to the sheer popularity of Fallout 3, anticipate this title as a possible unofficial sequel to the series, garnering Troika the customers who would have bought Fallout 3 had it never been cancled.

If so, it is indeed a clever play, and I wholly support his decision in doing so. It's hardly 'sneaky', considering his game is more likely to be a true successor to Fallout than any game made by Silver Style or anyone else, including the former Black Isle Studios.
Wasn't Fallout the unofficial sequel to Wasteland, since Interplay couldn't get the rights to Wasteland from Electronic Arts? That is how I've always understood it.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Mad_Dog said:
Wasn't Fallout the unofficial sequel to Wasteland, since Interplay couldn't get the rights to Wasteland from Electronic Arts? That is how I've always understood it.

No. Fallout has some references to Wasteland, but it's a different setting entirely. Wasteland is more 1980s based, and Fallout is 1950s based, for example.

Ultron

Liturgist
Man....I loved Wasteland...killing all those Holy-Rollers with RPGs and my kevlar suit....playing on my college roommate's Apple IIe with a cup of coffee and my one-hitter....the glory days...... :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom