Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail - Serbian pillow talk, turning Tricks, taking tips

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You're using the classic experience system I gather? You shouldn't have really, the game has been balanced for oddities from a point on.

Severian Silk

Rathound Regalia
Shock Serrated Steel Knife with extra bleed damage
Sniper Rifle for 1 shot kills.
Ninja Tabi Boots

I have no crafting skills so these were all looted or bought.

I am using the hybrid EXP system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I see. I looted a better armour than rathound regalia from a guy on that Gorsky mission. Not that it matters since at that point you'd have the best gear you can get anyway, even with crafting.

damager

Arbiter
Land dirty kick on him and it is GG. Alternatively bear traps and quick tinkering. I think I did beat him at level 18 iirc.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

epeli

Arcane
What's the best light armor?

Rathound Regalia, no matter how many times Styg nerfs it. Friendly rathounds are teh bestest thing ever! :M

But seriously, it depends on what you want to achieve. Craftable stuff in order of armor penalty:

5%+
- For maxing dodge/evasion, the answer is infused siphoner leather jumpsuit. Being able to run through acid puddles is a nice little bonus. Just don't expect any worthwhile damage reduction when you actually get hit.
- If you're all about speed and stealth, infused cave hopper leather armor is the way to go: agility & movement bonus, slots for black cloth and soft padding. There's a ql 60ish leather hidden in the cave hopper cemetery.

10%+
Extra crit chance sound good? Infused rathound leather armor is your choice. Resistance/threshold is not as bad as with the 5% armors but still fairly low. You should have decent amount of dodge/evasion and/or ways to disable enemies.

15%+
Tactical vest with supersteel sheet is probably the most versatile. You'll get 16-17 DT with a good sheet, +200% vs bullets and +35% vs knives. Biohazard vest is a good option, it lets you skip carrying gas mask and/or biotech suit swaps. Sturdy vest is also okay if you regret dumping con.

20%+
You won't get nimble's secondary bonus with it, but infused ancient rathound leather armor is the smelly hobo version of metal armor. Great damage resistances, thresholds & reductions at high quality, but you'll need higher than usual tailoring to match the quality.

The only light armors I haven't used much are infused mutated dog leather (stats similar to infused rathound leather, healing bonus) and infused pig leather (15% penalty, fairly high resistance, HP bonuses).

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
My dude was a crit knife/stealth build with nimble so I ended up using this one, around level 20:

uzjoni.png

I had to take a loooong break from vidyagaems, so now I got the itch to restart the game with a different build. I wanna have high-ish per (this guy had dumped per and it was p. annoying in places), so ranged but also stealth and psi (except meta). Immediately thought crossbow but would like to not have to invest much in mechanics or chem, are energy weapons silent? Do energo weapon frames have increasing mech requirement or is it fixed at 15 like wiki seems to imply?

epeli

Arcane
Well, currently there's a bug that makes all guns completely silent. But that should be fixed in the next patch (probably out monday). I don't think energy weapons are supposed to be completely silent, but quieter than firearms.

Energy weapon frames are static, yes. You'll only need high electronics to build energy weapons.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I see, thanks.

Would be nice to have more visible info on item noise, I didn't even know there were degrees of it. To me it was either noisy or silent.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Tried the game. Dable a bit, felt it was like Fallout. Then a monster went behind a wall, the wall graphics were preventing me from firing on him. Quit and uninstalled.

Is this game bug ridden or should I give it another go ?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Tried the game. Dable a bit, felt it was like Fallout. Then a monster went behind a wall, the wall graphics were preventing me from firing on him. Quit and uninstalled.

You can press Tab or Z to see things behind walls.

Severian Silk

Pro tip:

I mapped the camera controls to WASD. This makes playing the game in a window much more comfortable.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Oh man this game is gud like fallout!
But hey, this one monster went behind a wall and I can't click on it!
Fuck this bug ridden crap I'm uninstalling it!

:nocountryforshitposters:

Yeah, well maybe you should have pressed Tab or Z to highlight the monster.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Maybe you should uninstall your brain with a gun.
Thanks.

Oh man this game is gud like fallout!
But hey, this one monster went behind a wall and I can't click on it!
Fuck this bug ridden crap I'm uninstalling it!

:nocountryforshitposters:

Yeah, well maybe you should have pressed Tab or Z to highlight the monster.

Thanks for the tips.

You guys troll everyday of the week yet you get pissed off at first glance. Come on.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
How much per would a stealther with Paranoia need to spot crawlers and assorted sneaky gits before getting spotted himself?

Also does Paranoia damage bonus apply to throwing weapons and special bolts?

Sykar

Arcane
How much per would a stealther with Paranoia need to spot crawlers and assorted sneaky gits before getting spotted himself?

Also does Paranoia damage bonus apply to throwing weapons and special bolts?

I got Paranoia, Per 10 and ~52% stealth detection goggles. I usually spot them before they reach orange alertness level but it still takes quite a few seconds until I can actually target them since I have no true AoE abilities. To just get the shade maybe 2 seconds, until I can target them takes me about 4-5.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Jebus. I guess it's a better stat investment to just trial and error it. Get spotted, die, next time throw a flare.

Dead Guy

Cipher
Hmm, my max-stealth stabber has 3 PER, no goggles, no paranoia and he detects crawlers early enough to target just before they make it up to him to start attacking (by manually entering combat when they're 1-2 hexes away). That's when I know they're gonna be there and just stand still waiting for them to come, though. Guess that's about as cheesy as throwing a flare. At least this happened on the way into the protectorate place in Core city docks, might be special circumstances?

Severian Silk

My knife dude was crap. :( I couldn't beat Tchort without using a trainer.

mushaden

Scholar
can someone tell me where the "bloody mobile computer" is, specifically? Right now I am in the dark tunnel between Foundry and Core city. I've been everywhere around there and can't find it.

I let the faceless kill Buzzer and I have 0 talker skills so I can't do the faceless item quest in Foundry. My understanding is that this is the only way to determine what the faceless want and advance the main quest.

mushaden

Scholar
nevermind I found the bandits with the guy east of foundry on my own and hopefully am fine

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
FYI letting the faceless kill Buzzer isn't a requirement anymore in order to remain friendly with the faceless.

mushaden

Scholar
I'm guessing this is a simple question, but I'm worried about (extra) spoilers if I search for it.

Is there any way to get out of Deep Caverns before opening the gate/Tchort?
If not, is there at least anyone who can heal you in DC?

I've been to the Arke power plant but I'm guessing the key to the control room is somewhere behind the Tchort gate?

I'm running out of bullets (and I've used all of the ammo from the Faceless and the warehouse).
I'm running out of hypos.

It seems to me like the thing to do right now would be to load an old save and go through DC meticulously emptying every container. This is hardcore, man! I'm glad we have ghostdog's map at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom