Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A pleasant side-effect of completing cRPGs

Mustawd

I'm playing Fallout 2 these days. I've lost count how many times I've slaughtered Melcar by this point...and I just reached Vault City.

Almost worth it to find a CRPG to play solely to kill an NPC with the avatar of a user you hate.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
That's the thing - I don't hate Melcar at all.

The NPC is a slow-ass bitch that deserves to die for that, yes...but this has nothing to do with Melcar per se.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Eyesnack, one of the named ghoul exiles in Ultima Underworld, found on the fifth level of the Stygian Abyss.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
On the other hand, one of the possible annoyances is that you can't help but associate certain characters with the Codex members that use their portraits.

I'm quite happy to know that I've ruined the female fire godlike as an option for several people.

Dead Guy

Cipher
I wonder if people subconsciously read through all my posts with extreme distrust.
:1up:

Nah, they probably don't read through them at all. Imagine if everyone that just scrolled past got teleported to a room with two thugs in it who cut them to pieces?

Got bored and left

I wonder if people subconsciously read through all my posts with extreme distrust.
:1up:
Who could mistrust Militiades' used chariot salesman charm? The man's a dear, and everyone knows it.

Mine isn't from an RPG either. But it looks cool and the game's cool (go play it nao!), and that's all that matters.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
<--- Anyone knows where this smart little lad comes from?

From time to time I browse the codex avatars to find it again, but they load so incredibly slow that I lose interest at around the letter 'F'.
Or I manage to get to M, browse xeen avatars and decide to reinstall Might&Magic instead.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
There are other avatar side effects as well. For example, when someone used Miltiades as his avatar, I felt a weirdly strong urge to punch him in the face. :D

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
enlighten me please. Google search by image only suggests facial piercings to me...

Looks like a portrait from Pathologic. Good, really underrated game. You should try it since there was a HD version released not long ago. I've played the original, which had some really bizzare translation (from Russian -> English) but it just added more charm for me.

Murk

Arcane
NO ONE CARED WHO I WAS UNTIL I PUT ON THE MASK

NPC_7711_m_GreaterTempleGuard.jpg

GlutenBurger

Cipher
So as a corollary, all of you still using the little red codex man default image, pick one from some RPG you love, the more obscure, the better, to give the rest of us yet another (minor) reason to play it.

I prefer to signal the likelihood that there's nothing distinctive or even worth paying attention to in the post to the right of my avatar.

Kontra

Educated
Where is Volinger from Arcanum?? Why is he not there or am i blind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom