Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Games in Latin

Barbarian

Arcane
I need help from fellow patricians in possibly finding games in latin.

I was surprised to find that there is actually a commercial game available with full latin voiceovers and subtitles: Nicholas Eymerich: Inquisitor episode 1. Sadly the game isn't very good and the studio released part 2 without the latin feature.

I have later found that there was a guy translating snes roms into latin. The madman actually finished Zelda and FFI, but gave up on his big project midway(FFVI, a pity it wasn't finished). I also found a thread about a project translating CK2 into latin but it seems to have been abandoned before getting anywhere.

Is there anything else? I assume there are some fan translations around, but google is hard on such niche things.

Barbarian

Arcane
I found out that the FFVI translation was finished afterall! Silly me, I had no idea the game was called "FFIII" in the US originally. It seems to be quite good, I have downloaded and will replay the game in latin after all these years. Hopefully I can still enjoy it, I have abandoned jrpgs in my late teens.

If anyone knows of anything else please let me know. I am studying latin and always found that games were excellent means to learn a new language.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
I need help from fellow patricians in possibly finding games in latin.

I was surprised to find that there is actually a commercial game available with full latin voiceovers and subtitles: Nicholas Eymerich: Inquisitor episode 1. Sadly the game isn't very good and the studio released part 2 without the latin feature.

I have later found that there was a guy translating snes roms into latin. The madman actually finished Zelda and FFI, but gave up on his big project midway(FFVI, a pity it wasn't finished). I also found a thread about a project translating CK2 into latin but it seems to have been abandoned before getting anywhere.

Is there anything else? I assume there are some fan translations around, but google is hard on such niche things.

That's so hipsterish i grew mustaches and my trousers shortened on the spot.

Barbarian

Arcane
Hipsters don't know latin, you faggot. If they did I would be able to find more games in the language.

There are already effective methods to teach classical languages and a lifetime's worth of material to utilize it not to mention its quality. I suppose having FFVI in latin is προς χαριν....

:Flash:

Arcane
Glory of the Roman Empire.
I don't know if the other Ancient Rome themed games from HaemimontGames also have a Latin mode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom