Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
A new Valkyrie Profile game was confirmed recently.

but it's a mobile title

Martius

Liturgist
Hm, they must mean Another Episode and Danganronpa 3. Except that I just wonder when they want to release Zero Time Dilemma on pc, hopefully they will manage same date as 3ds/vita.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well, speaking of Spike Chunsoft, Grand Kingdom is less likely. From last month's interview: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/grand-kingdom-interview

USG: Have you considered putting Grand Kingdom on the PC? Because, obviously, PC games have become very popular here, and lots of Japanese RPGs are going over there. I suppose that’s a question for Spike Chunsoft.

Spike Chunsoft: There are no plans to release on the PC, or Steam, because of the fact that the online server really relies on the Sony server. Sony protects a lot of the server aspect of Grand Kingdom, so unless that’s figured out we feel that it’s going to cause problems when it’s released in Steam or PC. If there was no online whatsoever, we’d think about it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zero Time Dilemma will release simultaneously on Steam/PSV/3DS in Japan. I wonder if this will be the case over here.

Martius

Liturgist
Would be nice but since Aksys is publisher for 3ds and vita version outside in Japan there maybe they made some deal with Chunsoft to delay english release on pc. In Japan that is not a problem since Chunsoft publishes games on its own.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Would be nice but since Aksys is publisher for 3ds and vita version outside in Japan there maybe made some deal with Chunsoft to delay english release on pc. In Japan that is not a problem since Chunsoft publishes games on its own.
They'll probably give Aksys an exclusivity period for Vita/3DS. Hopefully not too long, though.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another Taiwanese RPG is coming to Steam, Tale of Wuxia: http://store.steampowered.com/app/377530/

Tale of Wuxia is a role-playing and single-player PC game, made by Phoenix Games and Heluo Studio. Added lots of new stories, gameplays and systems, it is a new version of Legends of the Wulin. The game engine used by Tale of Wuxia is U3D.

Tale of Wuxia has been dedicated to providing gameplayers with a free platform, where they can customize their own Wuxia. Instead of being restricted to characters’ basic properties and martial arts, in this new version, gameplayers can also choose the personalities and talents of their own. The new talent system makes characters more distinctive. For example, the hard workers are good at monotonous missions, the slyboots prefer changeable missions, while the jade trees are more popular among girls. Different talents come with different gameplays, greatly increasing the fun in playing.

1.Stories on game maps are equipped with many new systems, picturing a more free and real Wuxia world. Furthermore, the ultimate fun lies in character progression.
2.There are more interaction between characters, even NPCs have their own emotions.
3.Multiple endings.
4.Lots of hidden stories needed unlock by special conditions.
5.Added lots of new stories.
6.The number of girls a character can have relationship with has been increased to more than 10.

Martius

Liturgist
They'll probably give Aksys an exclusivity period for Vita/3DS. Hopefully not too long, though.
I hope that will be the case. I own 3ds so I could play it right away but since there wont be physical version in Europe then getting it on steam makes more sense for me.

spekkio

Arcane
@Code of Princess: It works, but they did nothing with low-res sprires (static 2D stuff looks great, 3D is just upscaled low-res):

Cdr5AHv.jpg

gj1TdGC.jpg

VFxUVUz.jpg

There are various modes for 2nd screen (similar to Desmume) available:

OafJ1lU.jpg

3BU45vx.jpg

UvY8wPU.jpg

e60szDU.jpg

Verdict:

:?

flyingjohn

Arcane
I have no idea why code of princess doesn't support local co op,that is half the fun in the beat'em up genre.
Not to mention that the campaign is solo only.

GrainWetski

Arcane

GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst is coming out physically and digitally on PS4, PS Vita and PC Digital the 30th of August 2016 in Europe, Middle-East, Australasia and Africa. When buying GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst, you will be offered GOD EATER Resurrection.

Just as a reminder, GOD EATER Resurrection is and will always be included with GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst: it’s not a pre-order bonus in Europe, Middle East, Australasia and Africa but part of the release!

In a nutshell, whether physically or digitally, on PS4, PS Vita or PC: you get GOD EATER Resurrection for free when buying GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst for Europe, Middle East and Australia

Martius

Liturgist
Now I just hope it will work better then another Monster Hunter clone/inspired game.

lightbane

Arcane
*Code of princess pics*
:hmmm: These character designs... Their clothing would make even a Final Fantasy character ashamed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom