Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BLACKROOM, an oldschool FPS from John Romero and Adrian Carmack - Kickstarter cancelled!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This thread seems to be hard for people to find.

Barbarian

Arcane
Guys, let's appreciate what Romero is going through to get the funds for this. The man deserves our support.

1366416630523.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane

Pretty cool, if this game doesn't have a version for PS 4 and Xbox One at launch, it will be a much better shooter than all the garbage on the consoles even if it ends being mediocre if compared with Doom.

Did anyone ever actually play Daikatana? And if yes, did you get past the swamp levels where the game begins in?

I'm thinking of trying it out some time.

grudgebringer

Did anyone ever actually play Daikatana? And if yes, did you get past the swamp levels where the game begins in?

Why, yes, I finished it last year. Campaign is... ok. There were some great moments in later parts of the 2nd episode and pretty much whole 3rd episode is oozing with romero kind of style. Overall, yeah, it's still unbaked game and clearly demands a couple of years of hard working, but still... that's what we got anyway.

If you plan to do it someday go grab 1.3 fan patch. It makes it less painfull, also has an option for turning off those pesky sidekicks so you can actually travel all by yourself. I'd say that 1.3 patch has its own little problems... like when your sidekicks cannot die by any means, even if you left them under heavy fire. It makes it less punishing and annoying, but at the same time almost completely removes any challenge. At least, that's what I came across during my playthrough.

And after that try playing deathmatch, it's really fun and sometimes gets furiosly fast.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

I have been streaming it occasionally, and so far I've completed the first episode. It is easily one of the worst things I've ever played. Just absolutely fucking horrendous, so I'm looking forward to playing the rest of it soon.

Cassidy

Arcane
Daikatana sucked by the average quality of First Person Shooters in its time. Relative to modern cinematic popamole shooters for consoletards, it's a masterpiece.

Who knows, maybe Romero will pull a reverse Spector/Molyneux and deliver something better after all these years.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Romero was never a Spector/Molyneux. Daikatana (which i personally think is shit by ANY standard) ruined him and that was it for him. Totally different situation.

What i'm hoping from this game:

1) Traditional gameplay and level design, which is a given.

2) Serious art style and atmosphere. Enough of this indie shit.

I'm not pretending something as near perfect as Doom was, but it can't be that hard to make a decent game in the same vein.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Daikatana sucked by the average quality of First Person Shooters in its time. Relative to modern cinematic popamole shooters for consoletards, it's a masterpiece.
Fuck no. I would take any contemporary FPS over that shit. There's no current-day experience that comes close to crawling through a sewer full of robot dragonflies and frogs that you have to kill with a weak ass laggy bouncing projectile gun and a sticky bomb launcher that doesn't even have a detonate button.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Daikatana is shit. It is a constant of shit, smt. like an absolute zero or the speed of light. Time or context does not change it at all. I would prefer even DNF over it.

grudgebringer

There's no current-day experience that comes close to crawling through a sewer full of robot dragonflies and frogs that you have to kill with a weak ass laggy bouncing projectile gun and a sticky bomb launcher that doesn't even have a detonate button.

:roll: Actually, it has a detonate button (just touch '3' again)

And "a weak ass laggy bouncing projectile gun" can do tons of damage if you use it the right way (the more that projectile reflects off the walls and obstacles the more damage it brings, so it's kind of a death sentence weapon in closed spaces).

Last edited by a moderator:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
There's no current-day experience that comes close to crawling through a sewer full of robot dragonflies and frogs that you have to kill with a weak ass laggy bouncing projectile gun and a sticky bomb launcher that doesn't even have a detonate button.

:roll: Actually, it has a detonate button (just touch '3' again)

And "a weak ass laggy bouncing projectile gun" can do tons of damage if you use it the right way (the more that projectile reflects off the walls and obstacles the more damage it brings, so it's kind of a death sentence weapon in closed spaces).
Can you damage control the fucking dragonflies too? Is the badly looped sound a scare tactic?

And yes, the gun is a fucking weak ass piece of shit with a delay. I can for sure aim it for maximum damage when I'm sliding around on any surface that isn't completely level and my mouse input is lagging worse than D44M's. It's the most frustrating gun I've ever used. And who the fuck decides to hide a detonate function in the weapon selection menu? Fuck off, cunt.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I never even managed to get out of the first area. I got past the swamp but quit after entering that facility. The game felt like a poorly made Quake 2 total conversion. Just think about that for a second.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Don't forget the poor guy also married that melonheaded tranny monster "Brenda". Whatever happened to his previous underaged eastern-european sex slave anyway?

restrain.
learn to use it at least from time to time, faggot.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Yeah, it's not that bad after the first episode actually and even that gets progressively better as you go on.
It is easily one of the worst things I've ever played
You need to play more bad games to get a perspective on things because it's nowhere near "worst game ever" material.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom