Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The NDS game was mighty fun, and also on a machine I don't need to be ashamed to own.
Don't know what's your deal, the PSP is a great handheld.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
PSP IS THE SHITTTT

the only console i've even thought about buying past few years is a psp and a vita.

i still firmly believe the vita will be cracked and it'll be a more awesome version of nvidia's shield then, with CFW. the integrated track-pad on the back plus the amazing screen display and its ps3-level hardware internals plus the top-notch built-in sticks/buttons/triggers + motion axis sensibility = better than any nvidia shield could ever hope to be. fuck that shit doesn't even come with a built-in controller ffs.

can't forget the wi-fi and 3g data connection. vita is motherfucking crazy hardware.

psp is so far ahead graphically from the nds that it's a fucking joke. i say it compares favorably versus a 3ds as well.

can't remember the last time a console got me excited like this. just fantasizing about stuffing a cfw vita full of every emu known to man + dosbox and makes me splooge.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Alright, so looking through the blog of nicos I found a fix for my CFW bros. Go to the recovery menu by pressing select -> advanced -> turn on NoDRM and it should work. At least, getting past the black screen.

I SHALL NOW SEE IF I CAN GET PAST THE MORE POPULAR BUG.

A user named cat

Could've sworn this had already been released but the PC retranslation of Final Fantasy VII has been ported over to PS1:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2340/

From what I understand though, the PC version has an installer that lets you choose to keep English canon names. Since these are just xdelta patches for the PS1 discs, I'm assuming we're stuck with all his retarded name changes like for moogles and everything else.

amdus

Arbiter
Ikusa Megami ZERO english translation got released today (sadly it looks like it's an edited machine translation).
http://www.zapinterlations.com/2016/04/ikusa-megami-zero-complete-english.html
IMZ-patched2.jpg
IMZ-patched.jpg

Last edited:
LP inbound. Shit translation or not, the game is fun and the plot is a rollercoaster of rape, futa, bestiality and mindbreaking true love and wonderful adventures.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
God, I'll take edited machine translation over no translation at all. Been wanting to get to Eushfuly games but the lack of translation put me off. Hope the guy continue on to other ikusa megami games.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
if that's the quality people will accept on a machine translation then by god even a monkey could do better.

"OK so I know we want to wrap things up fast but I know you will do something stupid so"

any person that's not illiterate can edit that translation into something that flows better...

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Thank you, it's indeed very fun and it's gorgeous ; the musics are good too.
IIPABbC.jpg

qlyng3g.jpg

Some more screenshots :
rpmGfGL.jpg

qXtcAni.jpg

qYNVmLI.jpg

OfghbLz.jpg

LJ40

Cipher
Any news for Shin Megami Tensei If... ? It was like 'almost complete' 1.5 year ago...

Aeon Genesis has been quiet for a suspiciously long time now (alarmingly so at this point). Not sure if Gideon Zhi is posting somewhere else or what, but hopefully all is well. He's on Twitter fairly actively I guess. Not sure what the translation news hold-up is about.

deuxhero

Arcane
God, I'll take edited machine translation over no translation at all. Been wanting to get to Eushfuly games but the lack of translation put me off. Hope the guy continue on to other ikusa megami games.

えええ? 日本語がわからないか?

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom