Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review The Escapist bitch-slaps The Witcher

caliban said:
When someone bludgeons my face closing my eyes doesn't really help. My logic fails me, OH NO!

That's why we invented Internet. I thought everyone knew this. Sheesh.
"We" didn't, Al Gore did.

Herbert West

Arbiter
Futile Rhetoric said:
caliban said:
When someone bludgeons my face closing my eyes doesn't really help. My logic fails me, OH NO!

Yes, and also sliced bread, beer, jakuzi, D&D, sex, light bulbs and gravity :cool:

Nael

Arcane
Herbert West said:
Futile Rhetoric said:
caliban said:

Yes, and also sliced bread, beer, jakuzi, D&D, sex, light bulbs and gravity :cool:

Don't forget his most profitable invention to date: GLOWBALL WARMING!!!

/doom

sqeecoo

Arcane
Herbert West said:
What elements? I just close my eyes. If you can't see it then it doesn't exist. It's simple, really :cool:

edit: Well, it's another thing if I'm the object of violence. When someone bludgeons my face closing my eyes doesn't really help. My logic fails me, OH NO!

Someone can make you his or her sex object even if you have your eyes closed.

Herbert West

Arbiter
sqeecoo said:
Herbert West said:
What elements? I just close my eyes. If you can't see it then it doesn't exist. It's simple, really :cool:

edit: Well, it's another thing if I'm the object of violence. When someone bludgeons my face closing my eyes doesn't really help. My logic fails me, OH NO!

Someone can make you his or her sex object even if you have your eyes closed.

Sex is good. Violence is bad... Add the two and things cancel each other out... right?

caliban

Scholar
Oh, now you're saying this... but imagine falling prey to some furfag's 'surprise yiff'. Let's put your resolve to the test - I believe Cedric will be eager to help with this little experiment :)

Herbert West

Arbiter
caliban said:
Oh, now you're saying this... but imagine falling prey to some furfag's 'surprise yiff'. Let's put your resolve to the test - I believe Cedric will be eager to help with this little experiment :)

As long as he beats me in the process I'll be fine, like nothing has ever happened. At least according to My Theory [R].

Cassidy

Arcane
I guess someone just escaped from Codex to avoid the heat... once again facts prove that the Internets is serious business. It's like the human digestion "escape tube" folks, if you know what I mean. It is great for improving agrarian landscapes with plenty of residual material to build fertilizers, with Runescapists being one of the main producing areas of that, I presume. And of course, people who are bothered and try to clean all the fertilizer material need to be kicked out, or their minds from which something different escape will change the status quo of the escape tube of the large fertilizer industries of the Internets. None of those brothers remain there then and all the lickers of the fertilizer bow to their ExCEOment

I don't like to give numeric ratings to certain games, but I only become assured of a game worth after I find it interesting enough to at least a replay and after two playthroughs at least. And neither I would rate a game higher just because I got it for free.

caliban

Scholar
Of course he won't! Cedric is very sensitive and gentle, he'll treat you right, baby ;)

Nael

Arcane
Cassidy said:
I guess someone just escaped from Codex to avoid the heat... once again facts prove that the Internets is serious business. It's like the human digestion "escape tube" folks, if you know what I mean. It is great for improving agrarian landscapes with plenty of residual material to build fertilizers, with Runescapists being one of the main producing areas of that, I presume... (blah, blah, blah)

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnd-You lost me.

caliban

Scholar
Why? Don't you like irrelevant rants that add nothing new to the discussion and are posted long after it has calmed down?

Herbert West

Arbiter
caliban said:
Why? Don't you like irrelevant rants that add nothing new to the discussion and are posted long after it has calmed down?

It is called thread necrophilia and it's a positive and exciting activity.

cazsim83

Novice
larpingdude14 said:
I never played the game but i think ur pretty dumb and ur friends too. I dont think it sends any message it's just how a fictional character acts in a fictional universe.The only thing it shows that Geralt is a chauvinist pig. A story with perfect and politically correct characters would be boring and predictable. lol noob

Please.....stop posting. tee hee hee u noob u roxxorz u no. Just go play Oblivion and leave RPGCodex alone.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
cazsim83 said:
larpingdude14 said:
I never played the game but i think ur pretty dumb and ur friends too. I dont think it sends any message it's just how a fictional character acts in a fictional universe.The only thing it shows that Geralt is a chauvinist pig. A story with perfect and politically correct characters would be boring and predictable. lol noob

Please.....stop posting. tee hee hee u noob u roxxorz u no. Just go play Oblivion and leave RPGCodex alone.

:?

Ausir

Arcane
Corvus.E said:
This was back when the game was just released. If I'd known it wasn't going to press right away, I would have taken more time with the game.

Anyway, the patch wasn't out then. So no, I didn't run it with the patch.

I didn't read the whole thread yet, but huh? This is bullshit. The Witcher was released in Europe on 25 October. Patch 1.1 was released on 26 October. Patch 1.1a was released on 27 October. The Witcher was released in the US on 30 October.

Paranoid Jack

Scholar
Ausir said:
Corvus.E said:
This was back when the game was just released. If I'd known it wasn't going to press right away, I would have taken more time with the game.

Anyway, the patch wasn't out then. So no, I didn't run it with the patch.

I didn't read the whole thread yet, but huh? This is bullshit. The Witcher was released in Europe on 25 October. Patch 1.1 was released on 26 October. Patch 1.1a was released on 27 October. The Witcher was released in the US on 30 October.

Yes, the fact that the author has a lite grasp of reality has been discussed in length. :wink:

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
For an 80+ hour game, I don't think 10% is even close enough to give a full evaluation of the Witcher. I'm quite amazed that you could sit through games like G3 and especially NWN "multiple times" and you couldn't at least pass Act 1 in The Witcher. Surely, now that you've received some pretty harsh criticism, you would at least attempt to play beyond the first chapter.

Somehow, I don't think it was any technical issue that put you off from playing the Witcher, it was more the fact that it was too much of a bizarre, dark and cynical world for your liking (ie: the entire section on the objectification of women). I mean, it puts many modern social connotations and issues of today in the context of a medieval fantasy world - that's nothing we've seen in any of the games you mention in your 'experience' list.

Regardless, I understand the time constraints of the job, Good luck for the future.

Balor

Arcane
Well, remember, he got prerelease copy. So he can play the game at length before it actually hit the shelves and provide educated opinion right after the release.

T-T-T-TRIPLE FAIL!

Darkflame

Scholar
Alright men I'm here, what did I miss?

EDIT: You assholes lure me out here for some idiot who thinks Witcher would be better if the women gave you inoffensive little quests where you wash their dishes while they fuck you with a medieval strap-on? Add to this some obtuse insight from a subnormal Bethesda moderator who thinks Oblivion is the second best thing to his recent first hard-on, and we've now exceeded 10 pages worth of search-terms drawing worthy attention to this worthless "review".

When Ultima X comes out next year (courtesy Bethesda), don't say I didn't warn you. They already know just how popular you'd make them.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
...umm that is one franchise that i dont mind Beth rapes....Ultima is already raped and whored out by EA. Let the UX: Age of Consolization begin.

WHERE IS LORD BRITISH -Avatar01
GUYZ CHECK OUT MY DOMINO DROP IN THE THRONE ROOM! -DOMINOBLIVION007
DUDE, THIS CLOUD SWORD MOD IS UBER, MY AVAATAR IS SEXY!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Elwro said:
A fellow patriot continues to fight for the good cause:

http://blog.pjsattic.com/corvus/2007/11 ... ment-79161

Sorry if everyone's bored with the issue already.

I'm bored with it.

Besides, isn't that a Polish person? You can't take Polish people seriously when discussing the Witcher.

Srsly. :codexdevil:

Looks like Corvus is adapting the Escapist official policy towards criticism and sticking his head in the sand, though. No matter.

Corvus.E

Novice
Inviting people to comment here (and providing a link) or to email me directly and be assured a personal response is sticking my head in the sand, Brother None?

Wow. Maybe you are just a troll. Well, it worked. I commented.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom