Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Total War game: Warhammer

Astral Rag

Arcane

Seethe

Arbiter
This game will tank anyway. How can you be limited to conquer only certain races? What other RTS game does this? This is going to be the dumbest Total War game to have ever spawned.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
This game will tank anyway. How can you be limited to conquer only certain races? What other RTS game does this? This is going to be the dumbest Total War game to have ever spawned.

Wat? AFAIK you can conquer anyone as everyone. Thing is, you can't "get" some of the cities and the only option is to raze them. For example - You can't get some of the orcish mountain settlements as Empire. It kinda makes sense.

Seethe

Arbiter
So you can attack and destroy Dwarves as Humans? I have been lied to.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I think so, yes. I'm almost sure someone was talking about the bullshit behind forming an Dwarven-Vampire alliance, lol.

curry

Arcane

I think you greatly underestimate how much casuals love shit games

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
and how fucking thirsty Warhammer morons like me are for this type of game.

The reviews could say "Hot garbage that gives you cancer" and i would still buy it day one.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Just like Atilla and Rome II, this will sadly still sell well. As will most of the DLC.

Casuals love whining, but they're always there on day -156 to buy the next game in the series they claimed they'll never support again.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Just get it off of some russian site. Was 8 or 5 euros on g2a some months ago.
Enjoy your Denuvo.

BTW it's always like that. The less capable they are, the more effort they spend for DRM, copy protection, exe cryptors. Chronicles of Riddick was legendary for that. Arma wan't unheard of either. Now after let down that was Rome II (even EE version was quite mediocre unispired), we have TW:warhammer aka cash grab from warhammer fans.

I'm actually kinda split. I grabbed somehow all TW games doesn't matter how bad they were. Now with Steam, borrowing it half year later from someone who finished it isn't an opinion, and with exe cryptor like denuvo there would be additional question. Would I install it even if I'd get it for free?
Well, if someone would get me free copy, I'd rethink it. However I really hate what they did with Vampire faction and theirs economy. Totally uninspired, without brainpower, and without ability to invent things. Basically theirs developers lack imagination and artistic sense.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
and how fucking thirsty Warhammer morons like me are for this type of game.

The reviews could say "Hot garbage that gives you cancer" and i would still buy it day one.

Mee too, especially now, when Games Workshop stopped supporting Warhammer Fantasy Battle figurines, books, and etc. [ It was one of most sad days in my hobby life ] .
Don't get me wrong i like WH40K also, but WHFB had something unique in it's setting , books, figures. Anyway last good game with WHFB was Dark Omen for me.
I spend almost 2 weeks of summer years ago, discovering that fascinatig universe for a first time in life. Shadow of the horned rat was good too.
Since then we had only "budget" games in WHFB not a single good , big, epic and replayable AAA title .
So anyway, i will buy it too, for sentiment, for greatest game and universe ever created for players, and for years of fun.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
There was Warhammer: Mark of Chaos that was a AAA strategy game. I heard it was pretty good and a lot like Total War but could never get it running without problems on modern systems.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Mark of Chaos was not a TW-like. It was DO-like, but only in theory, since it was complete garbage.

Beowulf

Arcane
I replayed it some time last year thinking of doing a LP for the glory of Codexia, and while I can't say many good things about it, it wasn't utter garbage.
You can still get your WHFB fix from it if you are totally starved and can't wait for the new TW:W, but it is overall disappointing and I don't recommend it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-after-total-war-warhammers-controversial-dlc

Creative Assembly on regaining fan support after Total War: Warhammer's controversial DLC
''We completely understand we've got to build back that trust...''

Creative Assembly has offered pre-order incentives, in the form of extra units and playable factions, since Napoleon: Total War in 2010. It's always been unpopular with certain parts of the fanbase, but I don't think we've ever seen a reaction quite like the one following the news that Total War: Warhammer's Chaos Warriors would face the same fate.

The DLC's announcement trailer has been bombarded with dislikes and angry comments, now numbering in the thousands, with some players threatening to boycott the game in protest.

Pre-order DLC is rarely welcomed with open arms, but in this case there's a little more to it than that. Firstly, the Chaos Warriors are one of only five playable races that come with the launch of Total War: Warhammer. Most Total War games have tens of factions for the player to control, which has perhaps made DLC-exclusives a little easier to accept in the past.

And then there's Rome 2. It's been almost three years since that game was released and it's post-release support was exceptional, but fans still remember its disappointing launch. Total War: Rome 2, it's worth noting, was the most pre-ordered game in the franchise's history.

In response to this outcry, Creative Assembly made a surprise announcement last week, in which they extended the Chaos Warriors pre-order incentive until a week after the game launches. This means anyone who buys the game before 31st May gets the DLC for free.

Clearly, the studio realised it made a mistake, but at least in hindsight, it seemed such an obvious one. Are pre-order incentives so valuable to publishers, that it's worth risking the developer's reputation with its own fanbase? Do the Chaos Warriors, as a playable race, exist only because they're premium DLC?

Join me in the video below as I put these questions and more to Creative Assembly brand director, Rob Bartholomew. He's refreshingly open in our conversation, admitting Creative Assembly "completely understand" that the studio needs to build back its fans' trust.

"We think that eventually we're going to get onto that kind of even keel, where people see new Total War content as an unequivocally good thing," said Bartholomew, before a slight pause. "That might not be possible with today's internet, necessarily."

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-05-total-war-warhammer-will-have-official-mod-support

Total War: Warhammer will have official mod support

Total War: Warhammer will launch with official modding tools and Steam Workshop support, as well as a number of mods which are being prepared for day one.

Despite an earlier announcement that suggested this wouldn't be possible due to Creative Assembly's partnership with Games Workshop, the team has apparently been "working away on the paperwork" to make it happen. We're not sure what that means.

jpg

Total War fans may recognise a couple of the modders already developing mods for the game's release, with help from the developers.

Dresden is creating the 'Regional Occupation Mod', which will remove Total War: Warhammer's restriction regarding which cities can be occupied by which races. This restriction is new for the series and some players don't like the sound of it - this will no doubt prove a welcome fix, if you find yourself in that camp.

Meanwhile, historical buff Magnar is putting together the 'Legendary Lord Start Position Mod', which will allow players to customise the starting positions of the game's Legendary Lords. The name sort of gives that one away. I probably didn't need to explain it.

Anyway, the Assembly Kit itself is thought to be relatively basic at this stage, but additional features such as battle map editing will be added later in the year.

It's been a positive few days for Total War: Warhammer news, following Friday's announcement that the game's Chaos Warriors DLC will now be free to everyone that purchases the game within the first week.

If Creative Assembly manage to nail the launch itself, this could end up being a rather good video game.

Great news! I can finally justify a purchase of the game by lying to myself that modders will fix it. Well played CA. Well played.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
anigif_original-grid-image-1192-1424657930-4-1435678767.gif
AND TOLD THEM HOW UNGRATEFUL BIATCHES YOU ARE.
For real, many people including me, dreamed about game like this from time they first played Dark Omen or SoftHR, many more want WHFB on PC becouse that universe soon will be only
history in RL after GW stopped production of WHFB at all. And some assholes just can't stand without yelling how bad world is? Are You real ?
It may be mediocre game (but i think all three will be greatest WHFB games ever created ) but it's last goodbye to once king of tabletop gaming.
SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET US ENJOY YOU TROLLING SHIT !

Lucky

Arcane
I haven't played a Total War past Medieval 2 and it's doubtful that this one will make me change my mind. It's clear that they're going to milk it for DLC as much as possible, there's still no real improvements compared to its predecessors and I don't expect it to have any great mods either. It would be a nice surprise if the modding tools turn out to be useful again and the modding scene produces something great, but I'll still wait for it to be in the bargain bin if I get it for just that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom