Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Dawn of War 3 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
You could lose retreating units to well placed grenade but they in most online matches it was a constant back and forth.

Israfael

Arcane
So, only 3 factions? "We have the biggest team yet but we'll deliver the least amount of content" (c) blizzard. I am still not sure what was that big machine in the trailer - is that a Warhound titan, Contemptor dreadnought or something entirely new ? Is it the smaller pre-titan version of walking machine that was described in Mechanicum book by Graham McNeil and one of the next installments of the Horus Heresy series (the one where a whole planet was brainwashed by Emprah to keep the gate to warp closed that Horus used to make a deal with the chaos gods)?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The Knight in the screens must be a Renegade in disguise because he has two Avenger Guns, that's against the law.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's like you people are really this retarded. You think at the very least there would be a 40K game without KAYOSSS? Negrons are probably in the future too.

It's better to go slow than have an unbalanced shitfest you only keep playing because it's 40K.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
These guys have a pretty great record in terms of rts games. I've enjoyed every dawn of War and company of heroes game, for the campaigns alone.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am not too worried about the amount of starting factions, as I am confident that more factions will come in time. If I remember correctly, DoW1 started with four and each expansion added another faction or two.
That being said, I hope they add Imperial Guard and Deldar a.s.a.p.

Unwanted

Endlösung

Unwanted
Mixed feelings on trailer.

Dont like the proportions of the marines. Too tall and thin, legs stand out.

Gun sounds are shit.

No kayos, not even a slight hint. Maybe the bodies falling are blood for the blood god but still, could have used a tentacle or two.

No dreadnoughts. No surfing in death. >(

Nice reference to Jedriskzyij or whatshisname, polish freaky artist, on the chest armor of the big stone statue of the emperor.

Liked how the eldar avatar sliced the ugly titan in one motion, was unexpected.

Unorthodox trailer and ending. Props.

Inspectah

Savant
Here's hoping for an unlikely necron return - loved them slow bastards back in the day

Wulfstand

Prophet
Bigger:

KqGgxUE.jpg

6Pqc2ZPME28GLxGNZoELmL.jpg

I was constantly telling myself 'This feels like the kind of thing Blizzard was doing with Starcraft 2' while watching the announcement trailer, and lo and behold, the ingame graphics look like starcraft 2, too.

I like the vibes I'm getting, here's to hoping it'll play like something more similar to DoW 1 and not DoW 2.

Edit: bloody hell, that Eldar building from the trailer, the one from which they drop in combat, looks like the stuff of nightmares, it heavily reminds me of the works of that famous polish dark-sci-fi painter that used to draw stuff akin to H. R. Giger.

Later edit:

Zdzisław Beksiński was the name i was looking for. I really hope we get to see this kind of artwork inside the game itself, and not just the trailer, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Zdzislaw_Beksinski_75_2048x1536.jpg

T9rvboQ.jpg

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

The trailer really threw me off, DoW 1 and DoW 2 had overall better cinematics, both in direction and in visuals themselves.

Female narrator felt odd too, but I guess that was the eldar farseer speaking?

GrainWetski

Arcane
The trailer really threw me off, DoW 1 and DoW 2 had overall better cinematics, both in direction and in visuals themselves.

Female narrator felt odd too, but I guess that was the eldar farseer speaking?
Probably the Eldar, yeah.

Still feels a bit off having her speaking while showing a bunch of Orks and Spess Muhrines. You weren't making a Dark Souls intro, Relic.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't care that it has sc2 graphics, sc2 is a good RTS although a bit too demanding mechanically.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The graphics are... off a little. Other than that, it looks better than I expected. The trailer was ok but it's not even close to the original DoW intro.

3 factions is kinda weak but it's pretty much guaranteed that chaos and guard will come in expansions/DLC, for others I'm not so sure, we might get whoever gets new releases at the time.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
At least there's no Tau. Games Workshop gone too far with faction advertisment and all this sream of fluff about tau janitor units defeating Imperial Custodians as a routine. Ther emust be a limit after which some fagots at GW must understand that pushing anime to WH40k fans does not work.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Eww. Kiddy graphics?
In aid of this, some close detail has been sacrificed so Dawn of War 3 can shine in large-scale encounters, and Relic's artists have taken more inspiration from the colourful paint jobs of the tabletop game. It's a step away from the dark doom-laden tone of the fiction, and the game looks fantastic in motion.

Like 10yo like to paint their armies, I guess.

The Knight looks pretty cool though with its details.
It's not the colors that's the problems really, but that everything looks so damn flat. There's no sense of depth or scale in those screenshots. Hopefully it looks better in motion.

Tytus

Arcane
LOkxZgn.jpg

Thanks Doc.

I hope those crazy colors mean that we will get an army painting tool in the game. A much more robust one that the one in DoW 1. Like picking kolors for individuals sets of parts. Arms-pads, weapons, helmets, armors, boots etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom