Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ A Call For Peace -- Zarniwoop doesn't really like this thread title

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasn't the staff's goal in this whole mess to provoke "butthurt"? Why the change of heart?

Zia4iPs.jpg

It still is, Crispy's just being a weak link as usual.

Prime Junta

Is this going to delay the release of the next Pillars of Eternity review?

I still haven't been paid for the first one. Where's my free codes and goodies at?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Prime Junta I'm sending you a Steam season's pass for TTON DLC content -- hair-color customization, cosmetic aneen armor, the ability to rename LCO (once per purchase) . . . all will be yours.

Prime Junta

Prime Junta I'm sending you a Steam season's pass for TTON DLC content -- hair-color customization, cosmetic aneen armor, the ability to rename LCO (once per purchase) . . . all will be yours.

What, is Paradox now working with you guys too?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In

I'll let that go for now, Infinitron.

Look, all parties involved in this conflict have committed crimes, myself included. Haven't we always primarily been driven by the lulz? You may argue that the whole prank thing wasn't funny at all (it actually was during its genesis) but idonthavetimeforthiscrap's heart and DU's were in the right place regarding it, I think. Only after the volcanic eruption of but-- "hurt feelings" it caused came to a crescendo was it realized maybe it wasn't such a good idea in the first place. But the subforum has been closed down since then! Guantanamo is no more! Does that count for nothing?

We can continue to skirmish about these problems from now until ITZ. What is the point? Will we allow these hostilities to tear us apart from the inside? We MUST continue on the path for compromise. For solidarity. For Codexia!

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014

I'll let that go for now, Infinitron.

Look, all parties involved in this conflict have committed crimes, myself included. Haven't we always primarily been driven by the lulz? You may argue that the whole prank thing wasn't funny at all (it actually was during its genesis) but idonthavetimeforthiscrap's heart and DU's were in the right place regarding it, I think. Only after the volcanic eruption of but-- "hurt feelings" it caused came to a crescendo was it realized maybe it wasn't such a good idea in the first place. But the subforum has been closed down since then! Guantanamo is no more! Does that count for nothing?

We can continue to skirmish about these problems from now until ITZ. What is the point? Will we allow these hostilities to tear us apart from the inside? We MUST continue on the path for compromise. For solidarity. For Codexia!

Dude, settle down. There are no hostilities. There's a bunch of whiny morons who took it personally, because they are the resident shitposters and they know it, and there was a lot of crying from like 6/7 people and that was all.

People who legitimately come here to discuss games or politics or what have you don't give a shit. People who have spent more than 30 seconds on the Codex don't give a shit, because they know DU does these things from time to time and then everything goes back to "normal".

The only people complaining are the retards whose posts consist only of shitty racist vignettes and "hurr niggers" posts. Let them cry and let's move on.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Dude, settle down.

Okay, "dude". The thing is, I'm quite calm. You appear to be the one who's reacting rather strongly. I've always been like this and you know it.

It might just go a long way if you could admit some amount of culpability regarding this whole conflict. It was, of course, your idea to create the subforum in the first place. Will you not admit that it blew up in your (our) face(s)? Can't you put your ego aside for just a moment and hold out at least an olive twig?

Or do you really nothavetimeforthiscrap?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Dude, settle down.

Okay, "dude". The thing is, I'm quite calm. You appear to be the one who's reacting rather strongly. I've always been like this and you know it.

It might just go a long way if you could admit some amount of culpability regarding this whole conflict. It was, of course, your idea to create the subforum in the first place. Will you not admit that it blew up in your (our) face(s)? Can't you put your ego aside for just a moment and hold out at least an olive twig?

Or do you really nothavetimeforthiscrap?

it's not about ego or blowing up anything
the point was to create butthurt
it created butthurt

i don't see a problem

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It's fairly clear to us all, I think, gentlemen, who now is standing in the way of a peaceful settlement to this all.

Edit: Or, to clarify, in settling this particular aspect of the hostilities. You cannot be blamed for it all.

Hegel

Arcane
21901.jpg
15975.jpg
14799.jpg
15507.jpg
8593.jpg

vs

12987.jpg
9477.jpg
9151.jpg

rpgcodex.png

HEROES of
RPGCODEX 2002-2016 RIP

I, I wish you could swim
Like the dolphins, like dolphins can swim
Though nothing,
nothing will keep us together
We can beat them, for ever and ever
Oh we can be Heroes,
just for one day

I, I will be king
And you, you will be queen
Though nothing will drive them away
We can be Heroes, just for one day
We can be us, just for one day

I, I can remember (I remember)
Standing, by the wall (by the wall)
And the guns shot above our heads
(over our heads)
And we kissed,
as though nothing could fall
(nothing could fall)
And the shame was on the other side
Oh we can beat them, for ever and ever
Then we could be Heroes,
just for one day

We can be Heroes
We can be Heroes
We can be Heroes
Just for one day
We can be Heroes

We're nothing, and nothing will help us
Maybe we're lying,
then you better not stay
But we could be safer,
just for one day

Oh-oh-oh-ohh, oh-oh-oh-ohh,
just for one day

We had a nice run

:salute: :hero:

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i nominate darth roxor for new mod of polotix

i shall carry on the torch of the best men of moderating standards, such as grunker and lundb

it is the only way to end this crisis

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
but shit flinging and this kind of drama is what site feedback is for!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Once again the Codex finds itself on the precipice of all-out war. Once again we face the ugliness of civil unrest, all manner of normally acquiescent and peaceful citizens come out of their hovels with pitchforks in hand, apparently ready to do anything to fight for their rights. And once again, I, Crispy, the negotiator the Codex needs deserves is likely to throw rocks at, step forward, into the fray, willing to sacrifice my will, my body, even my soul to quell this horrendous strife facing us all.

Can there be a peace?

Let those who are most egregiously hurt -- |nfinitron (jcd), agentorange, Cassidy -- and any others who feel a need to have their complaints be completely ignored heard with compassionate ears, participate so that we may find some common ground. We must hash these differences of philosophy out, or at least agree to disagree, for the good of all. We cannot continue to exist as a cohesive, rational hive mind with people running around in the streets naked, shouting all sorts of nasty things about various ethnicities. It's just unbecoming of what this place represents, or at least used to. We have external appearances to maintain, you know.

So let tranny once again lie with tranny. Let the old man lie with the young woman in serenity again. Discard not your furry suit nor even your racist or dumbfuck tags; all are welcome here to vent their severely violated spleens. No opinion with be excluded. Much.

Let the Official Peace Talks of the RPG Codex Race War of 2016 begin!
Aren't you too old for this shit?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom