Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vanilla ToEE bugs

gazra

Educated
When I click on the updated Co8 8.1 data files for pre+136 link, I get the following error message:

This webpage is not available

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

The server at updated%20data%20files%20for%20co8%208.1 can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

Is the data.zip attachment in the first post to be used instead of the deadlink or as well as? I'm confused.

----

There was erroneously no music at all during the combat against the 2 Giant Spiders at Deklo Grove (I've experienced music during all of my other combats in the game so far).
Confirmed (Known ToEE vanilla Bug)

During the combat against the Giant Frogs at the Moathouse ruins, Fruella got grappled by a Giant Frog's tongue. One of my adventuring party's characters took down that Giant Frog, but Fruella kept showing the animation of being grappled. For the rest of the combat, Fruella couldn't click on any of the other Giant Frogs in order to attack them if the target was beyond the area that Fruella threatened with her melee weapon, and Fruella couldn't move anywhere in the green region of her proposed highlighted movement path (i.e. within 30 feet). Fruella could only move anywhere in the yellow region of her proposed highlighted movement path (i.e. between 30 feet and 60 feet away), and Fruella could only attack a Giant Frog if the target was within the area that Fruella threatened with her melee weapon. While the mouse pointer was in the green region of her proposed highlighted movement path, the words "Can't move here" (or something similar to that) were displayed on screen.
Confirmed (partially; known ToEE vanilla bug)

The gnome and halfling in my adventuring party both receive a warning text message stating that they are too small to be able to use a heavy crossbow, yet I am able to equip them both with a heavy crossbow and they are both able to use a heavy crossbow in combat. My understanding of D&D 3.5 is that creatures that are smaller than medium (e.g. human) sized can't equip and use weapons that are 2 handed for medium-sized creatures (such as crossbows).

Fixed (inadvertantly, somewhere along the line :P)

Last edited by a moderator:

gazra

Educated
I tested the following using TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+178 and updated Co8 8.1 data files release 6.

When my adventuring party entered ToEE dungeon level 2 for the first time, Fruella said a voice sample which caused all of the characters in my adventuring party to quickly jerk back and forth between standing and combat stances (poses) over and over again for about a half a minute, which caused the game to stop responding during that time. I clicked on the blue portal icon, which caused my adventuring party to go back up to ToEE dungeon level 1. This time, when my adventuring party entered ToEE dungeon level 2, Fruella said the same voice sample again, but the game worked properly this time.
Couldn't reproduce, will watch out for it and add some more logging for pinpointing.

I could be wrong but I think that some of the enemy critters (mostly Fire Temple Bugbears) in the reactive Fire Temple combat may have made some attacks of opportunity against Spiritual Weapons that were summoned by their ally priests.
I think I've seen it too. I definitely want to overhaul faction mechanics, including stuff like that annoying "Friendly Fire!" text float for NPC vs. NPC fights.

3. I could be wrong but I think that Gremag appeared to have no attack animation when he hit with his melee weapon.

I've uploaded my log, 3 screenshots, and my saved game (all in a file named just before Nulb house ambush) to Sitra's Google Drive.

While I was examining the quests in the Logbook interface, I clicked on the bottom Nulb quest called Assassination, then the game CTD the instant that I clicked on the topmost Nulb quest called Grud's Fish Story. I couldn't reproduce the CTD after the first time that it happened (and I really tried hard to make the game CTD by clicking on quests and location tabs). Over the years, I've experienced this CTD many times when playing the Co8 Modpack using TFE-X. It's a seemingly random CTD when you click on either a quest or one of the location tabs (e.g. Hommlet, Nulb, Temple) in the Logbook interface.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Due to popular demand, I'm opening this thread to report vanilla bugs (i.e. bugs that are present in unmodded ToEE and have nothing to do with Temple+, or Co8 for that matter). Of course, it's quite likely that your bug is already on this ginormous list of bugs at Co8, but feel free to stress the ones that really piss you off anyway because hey, that's how the world works! :P

If you are not sure if it's a vanilla bug or Temple+ bug, you can post it in the playtesting thread and let god sort it out :P

Last edited:

Banichi

Novice
This is probably a well-known bug: When my ranger uses Rapid Shot (when doesn't he use Rapid Shot!) he gets the typical +1 attack in that round. Combined with Quick Draw this allows using some or all of the attacks, including the extra one, with a melee weapon. Obviously in the category of benefits-the-player so not that annoying..

Banichi

Novice
On the topic of meta-magic: You can currently add the same feat multiple times to a spell (abusing this for an Extended Extended Extended Haste is fun), but this appears to be against RAW.

However, please be careful fixing this as adding Heighten Spell several times is the only way currently to achieve the legal effect of Heightening the spell to whatever level you want. You can take my
level 9 Tasha's Hideous Laughter from my cold dead hands, etc. :)

gazra

Educated
I tested the following using Windows 8.1 and TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+687

When I examined the Damage Roll breakdown window of one of my PCs who hit a Noble Salamander with a Bolt +3 fired from a crossbow, the following text error message was displayed in the Damage Roll breakdown window (see screenshot that I uploaded to Sitra's Google Drive):

Immunity (Error! Missing line 2026 in mes\damage.mes)
Cannot reproduce

When I examined the Damage Roll breakdown window (see screenshot that I uploaded to Sitra's Google Drive) of when a Noble Salamander hit one of my PCs, I noticed that the game engine wrongly calculated the total amount of physical damage that was done to my PC. My PC had a Minor Ring of Fire Resistance equipped and was also under the effect of the spell Resist Energy (Fire). The game engine correctly deducted the 4 points of fire damage due to my PC being under the effect of the spell Resist Energy (Fire), but then the game engine wrongly deducted another 4 points of damage due to having a Minor Ring of Fire Resistance equipped, resulting in my PC taking 4 less physical damage than my PC should have taken.
Confirmed, Vanilla Bug

When my bard cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter on either an Ettin or (less likely) a Hill Giant, the critter failed its Will save but was not affected by the spell. I checked the rolls breakdown window, and the critter had rolled a 20 for its Will save. The breakdown window correctly stated that the critter failed its Will save (it got a Will save total that was less than my bard's DC for the spell). I suspect that the reason why the critter was not affected by the spell is because it rolled a 20. There must be a bug in the game engine where, if a critter rolls a 20 for its saving throw, then the game engine automatically makes the critter succeed in the saving throw. This is not how D&D 3.5 works because rolling a 20 for a saving throw (or a skill check for that matter) is not an automatic success.
Saving Throws always succeed on a natural 20, UNLIKE skill checks, but the Roll History window does not regard this. Fixed in v1.0.28

When one of my PCs (elf ranger) attempted to break free from a Web spell at Deklo Grove, I noticed in the Rolls History window that my PC made 2 Strength checks (see screenshot that I uploaded to Sitra's Google Drive). My understanding is that a PC is only supposed to make one Strength check to break free each round that he/she is stuck in a Web.
Confirmed, Vanilla Bug

I've uploaded my TemplePlus.log file to Sitra's Google Drive just in case anybody wants to examine it for anything.

I noticed one occasion during combat in the Fire Node that the pathfinding for a proposed charge attack had a drastically bent path that wasn't anywhere near a direct path to the target (see screenshot that I uploaded to Sitra's Google Drive).
Confirmed (fundamental PF issue)
(Btw, in case you're interested, I've remarked about the current state of ToEE PF here.)

I tested the Hedrack combat and some of the combats in the Fire Node (most notably against the 6 Noble Salamanders guarding the chest on the east (right) side of the Fire Node map). I didn't experience any loss of responsiveness or reduction in frame rates in either places except that I experienced choppy frame rates when scrolling the screen around in the Fire Node during combat with the Noble Salamanders just to the north of the entry point of the Fire Node. The choppiness was quite bad but it ONLY happened while I was scrolling the screen around. When my screen was stationary, there was no reduction in frame rates or loss of responsiveness at all.
In conclusion, I would say that Temple+ has much improved performance and responsiveness over the Co8 Modpack, but I am actually surprised that I am still experiencing reduced frame rates in Bassanio's Fire Temple and the Fire Node (especially considering that my processor has a 4 GHz clock speed). I can definitely state that performance in the Greater Temple was much better using Temple+ than I have EVER experienced when running the Co8 Modpack!
Acknowledged for improvement (framerate while scrolling)

I tested temporarily removing PCs from my adventuring party (both individually and 2 at a time) and then having them rejoin again. Everything worked perfectly, except it took me ages to notice that my gnome and halfling PCs that I had temporarily removed from my adventuring party were in fact hiding in the left corners of the left-most room upstairs in the Inn of the Welcome Wench. I strongly recommend either informing new players via a readme.txt file that removed PCs will be standing in those locations, or make the removed PCs stand somewhere on the map that is easy to notice them.
Acknowledged for improvement (make left behind PCs stand out)

gazra

Educated
I tested Lay On Hands, Smite Evil, Stunning Fist, Flurry Of Blows, Deflect Arrows, Craft Magic Arms & Armor, Craft Wondrous Item, and the Bardic Music Inspire Courage & Fascinate, and they all seemed to function correctly with the following exceptions:
Awesome

When a critter successfully uses the Deflect Arrows feat, the game engine wrongly displays a text message in the Rolls History window stating that the attacker deflected the arrow (i.e. "<Attacker's name> Deflects Arrow") (see screenshot I uploaded to Sitra's Google Drive) instead of correctly stating that the defender deflected the arrow (i.e. "<Defender's name> Deflects Arrow"). This bug is harmless because it is only a wrong text message - the defender does correctly deflect the arrow.
Confirmed (vanilla bug)

When activating the Craft Magic Arms & Armor GUI, the enhancement bonuses (i.e. +1, +2, +3) are repeated twice at the bottom of the list of possible enchantments (see screenshot I uploaded to Sitra's Google Drive). This bug goes away as soon as the player left-clicks on a weapon (in the Craft Magic Arms & Armor GUI) in the list of items in the crafter's inventory that the crafter can enchant. This bug is seemingly harmless. This bug was present in the old Co8 Modpack as well. I believe that Gaear may have removed this bug at one stage because I seem to remember the bug disappearing from later versions of the Co8 Modpack after I brought attention to it. I've uploaded a saved game (named "16") to Sitra's Google Drive if you want to see this bug for yourself.
Confirmed (cosmetic, probably vanilla)

Crafted items do not allow the player to SHIFT-click on the item in order to view the item's long description. This is an old bug that was present in the Circle of Eight Modpack as well.
Fixed in v1.0.28 (will not display updated properties, however)

When my bard PC attempted to perform a Bardic Music, he made a Perform check that had a DC 0 (see screenshot I uploaded to Sitra's Google Drive). I can't remember if the bard was attempting Inspire Courage, Inspire Competence, or Fascinate.

On 2 different playthroughs of the game, weapons that I bought in the shopmap have disappeared shortly later in the game.
I bought a Scimitar from the shopmap and had my druid PC equip the Scimitar, but later on when I was in a combat, I noticed that my Druid no longer had a Scimitar in her inventory.
I bought the first Longsword (i.e. the topleft-most weapon) in the Weapons chest in the shopmap, had my paladin equip the longsword, then saved the game in the shopmap. When I loaded my saved game, my paladin no longer had a longsword in her inventory.
Fixed in b717 (Co8 generic spawner script)

I tested my saved game but I could not replicate the error message regarding missing line 2026 in damage.mes (displayed in the Damage Roll breakdown window) when my PC hit a Noble Salamander with a Bolt +3. I uploaded my saved game (named "12") to Sitra's Google Drive if you want to attempt to replicate the bug yourself.
These hard to catch bugs are the worst

Regarding the bug where a critter being affected by both an item like a Ring of Fire Resistance and a spell like Resist Enegy (fire) causes the critter to take less physical damage than the critter is supposed to take from critters that also do elemental damage such as fire damage (such as from a Noble Salamander), I have a sneaking suspicion that this bug was not present in later versions of the Co8 Modpack, but I'm not certain about this. I seem to remember studying Damage Roll breakdown windows when playing the Co8 Modpack and noticing that the game was functioning correctly regarding this situation.
Is verified vanilla bug

Alright, I think I see it - when scrolling, using 1920x1200 resolution, I'm getting about 10-15FPS - is that the issue or worse?

Yes, that is exactly what I was experiencing, and I was also running the game at a resolution of 1920 X 1200. I tested the Balrog combat but I experienced no reduction of frame rates at all while scrolling the screen around the map in a circular motion during that combat, which makes me suspect that the slowdown issue in the Fire Node is caused by the Noble Salamanders themselves.

I don't have a save in the Fire Temple just yet

Sitra provided me with the following cheat codes (which you might find useful for testing) that teleport your party to the indicated location:

from t import *

firenode()

hedrack()

bassanio()

Where firenode() teleports you to the Fire Node, Hedrack to near Hedrack, etc. There are more commands available for most common NPCs and areas.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I tested Lay On Hands, Smite Evil, Stunning Fist, Flurry Of Blows, Deflect Arrows, Craft Magic Arms & Armor, Craft Wondrous Item, and the Bardic Music Inspire Courage & Fascinate, and they all seemed to function correctly with the following exceptions:
I went over the various abilities to find ones that didn't assign an animation ID (which was the bug with Lay on Hands). Remove Disease and Wholeness of Body had this issue, and I also created a fix for them. Can you test those?

On 2 different playthroughs of the game, weapons that I bought in the shopmap have disappeared shortly later in the game.
I bought a Club from the shopmap and had my druid PC equip the Club, but later on when I was in a combat, I noticed that my Druid no longer had a Club in her inventory.
I bought the first Longsword (i.e. the topleft-most weapon) in the Weapons chest in the shopmap, had my paladin equip the longsword, then saved the game in the shopmap. When I loaded my saved game, my paladin no longer had a longsword in her inventory.
This is caused by you reloading your save in the shopmap, IIRC you have a habit of reloading there when failing to scribe scrolls ;)

Regarding the bug where a critter being affected by both an item like a Ring of Fire Resistance and a spell like Resist Enegy (fire) causes the critter to take less physical damage than the critter is supposed to take from critters that also do elemental damage such as fire damage (such as from a Noble Salamander), I have a sneaking suspicion that this bug was not present in later versions of the Co8 Modpack, but I'm not certain about this. I seem to remember studying Damage Roll breakdown windows when playing the Co8 Modpack and noticing that the game was functioning correctly regarding this situation.
I've confirmed that it's a vanilla bug by recreating that in vanilla. I guess they weren't expecting you to waste Resist Energy on someone with the ring ;) I'm less concerned about "exploity" bugs, if players want to cheat I say let them. It bothers me more when nominal usages are broken.

The watched pot never boils... but, ok ;)
Well, just make a habit of doing bad habits :P

Edit: I've also dug through some Co8 history and managed to collect quite a few corrupt / problematic savegames. While not TemplePlus bugs per se, I want to bulletproof it against the inevitable complaints :P

1. Terjon crash: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=138401&highlight=terjon+crash#post138401
    Diagnosis: caused by an ObjectEvent with null handles (probably from an AoE spell that spawned a Spell Object).
    Fixed & playable now (build 698)
  2. CTD when leaving Nulb house: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=131442&highlight=post+save#post131442
    Works in Temple+ (note: is a Co8 8.0.0 game)
  3. Demons & Demigods CTD: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=129952&highlight=post+save#post129952
    Fixed in b699.
    Diagnosis: Was an error in the spell removal function for Suggestion / Dominate Person.
  4. Crash when exiting the Moathouse: http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=128190&postcount=5 (Co8 8.0.0 game)
    Fixed in b701
    Diagnosis: looks like the cause was the spell Consecrate. The AoE object doesn't carry across maps, and ToEE doesn't expire the ObjectEvent, so it tries to fetch an object from an invalid ID. Temple+ will now expire ObjectEvents when changing maps to correct this.
  5. General crashiness at Hommlet: http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=128460&postcount=8 (Co8 8.0.0 game)
    Fixed & working in Temple+
    Diagnosis: exactly the same as 1 :lol: pretty happy about the fix now, since it probably prevents a host of crashes.
  6. CTD when descending the Moathouse stairs: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=129656&highlight=post+save#post129656 (Co8 8.0.0 game)
    Fixed in b702
    Diagnosis: seems to be caused by an AI timed event firing and inquiring about an invalid obj handle. (the source of the event is the turned zombie who wasn't put to death - I'm guessing flee combat was used?)
    Fixed by checking if the obj handle is invalid inside the d20 Query function.
  7. Hang in combat with Hezrou: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=135246&highlight=post+save#post135246
    Fixed in b708
    Diagnosis: Infinite loop triggered when the player already has a spell object in their inventory.
  8. CTD in Sewers/Rabbit Hole: http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=135298&postcount=193
    Fixed an issue
    Diagnosis: Long distance pathfinding crashed the game because there were no pathnodes, and the attempt to do PF in a straight line crashes when the origin-destination distance is larger than 4 sectors. This issue is fixed, but I'm not sure it's what the author meant. Not getting crashes otherwise, including when casting clairvoyance.
    Also created Clearance data and travel-distance-supplemented Pathnodes for that area to make that shitty map more bearable.
  9. Spell Permanency issues (from Vrock fight): http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=137440&highlight=upload#post137440
    Fixed
    Diagnosis: Good ol' spell permanency bug. Fixed on area transfer inside the SpellMapTransferInfo function, this probably takes care of all these types of spell permanency bugs - woohoo!
  10. Stuck with Spell Object: http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=137660&postcount=341
    Fixed
    Diagnosis: Hezrou Stench mod acting up again.
    Now fixed by replacing it with a proper, brand-new 'Hezrou Stench' condition - no more Spell Objects being implanted on PCs for this crap.
  11. Random Encounter Enemies spawned offscreen: http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=134431&postcount=99
    Fixed
    Diagnosis: Co8 script for randomized location acting up. Applied limiter to spawn distance if the spawn location is that bottom left corner.
  12. Attacking from dialogue sometimes disrupts combat AI: http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=128219&postcount=6
    Fixed in b712
    Diagnosis: Somehow the BrawlInProgress flag got stuck. Might be a Co8 8.0.0 specific problem (IIRC it tried to do a brawl sequence with Jayfie that caused problems elsewhere).
  13. Scripted dialogue python commands randomly not firing (Wilfrick dialogue): http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=131091&highlight=post+save#post131091
  14. KotB 1.0.1 lag when traversing worldmap: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=136014&highlight=post+save#post136014
    Fixed (or rather, resolved)
    Diagnosis: Doesn't lag so badly in Temple+, but it was caused by a fucking enormous spam of lingering Looking For Livonya spells firing their OnBeginRound events (this is the "spell" used by the Search Tool). Fixed by using the "forced" spell_end(spell.id,1) command.
  15. KIA charmed bugbear won't leave the party: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=136544&highlight=upload#post136544

16. Oddities in Hommlet - http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=108995&highlight=upload#post108995
    Old Co8 modpack, low priority
  17. Secretdoor bug: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=130146&highlight=post+save#post130146
    (Fixed in Temple+, but the fix has the drawback of allowing you to retry secretdoor detection as much as you want, so I may improve this in the future)

Last edited:

gazra

Educated
I tested the following using Windows 8.1, the Co8 Modpack 8.1 NC, and TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+703

My game crashed the instant that Iuz was supposed to spawn during the Hedrack combat. I have uploaded a screenshot of the crash, a saved game (named "13") for testing purposes, the crash dump file (named "148e6f0f-eb8f-430e-b417-bdc95aade553.dmp"), and my TemplePlus.log file to the "gazra's files" folder of Sitra Achara's Google Drive.
I tested the Hedrack combat 2 more times after this, and the Iuz scenario worked perfectly both times, which means that the Iuz crash that I experienced is uncommon and inconsistent.
Hopefully fixed in b716

The game engine wrongly dispels all spells that are 3rd level or lower that are already in effect on the caster when the caster casts Lesser Globe of Invulnerability. The D&D 3.5 SRD states the following about the spell Lesser Globe of Invulnerability:
Range: 10 ft.
Area: 10-ft.-radius spherical emanation, centered on you
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
An immobile, faintly shimmering magical sphere surrounds you and excludes all spell effects of 3rd level or lower. The area or effect of any such spells does not include the area of the lesser globe of invulnerability. Such spells fail to affect any target located within the globe. Excluded effects include spell-like abilities and spells or spell-like effects from items. However, any type of spell can be cast through or out of the magical globe. Spells of 4th level and higher are not affected by the globe, nor are spells already in effect when the globe is cast. The globe can be brought down by a targeted dispel magic spell, but not by an area dispel magic. You can leave and return to the globe without penalty.
Note that spell effects are not disrupted unless their effects enter the globe, and even then they are merely suppressed, not dispelled.
If a given spell has more than one level depending on which character class is casting it, use the level appropriate to the caster to determine whether lesser globe of invulnerability stops it.
Vanilla issue

I believe that the spell Bless currently requires the player to manually target the caster. It would make much more sense for the game engine to automatically centre and cast the spell on the caster when a caster casts the spell (since the spell is always centred on the caster).
Vanilla issue

The spell Delayed Blast Fireball has the animation and sound effect of the spell Lightning. I strongly recommend changing the animation and sound effect to that of the spell Fireball.
Co8 issue

gazra

Educated
I tested the following using Windows 8.1, the Co8 Modpack 8.1 NC, and TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+730

When I used to play the Co8 Modpack, the Hezrou Guardian would always reduce the Ability Scores of my PCs who failed their Fortitude saving throws against the Hezrou Stench. Hezrou Stench in Temple+ now correctly doesn't do that.
Great!

I tested the Hezrou Guardian combat (using the cheat code hezrou() ) and everything seemed to work correctly (the only thing that I didn't check was attempting a skill check while sickened) with the following exceptions:

1. When the rest of my adventuring party had been killed, my last surviving PC who was currently on approximately 5 Hit Points had moved out of the reach of all of the enemies. The Hezrou Stench affecting my last surviving PC was about to expire on the fourth round after leaving the Hezrou Stench aura of the Hezrou Guardian when the animation and sound effect of Hezrou Stench was cast on and centred on my PC, causing my PC to die. The total party wipeout animation played as normal, but the instant that the game returned to the main menu GUI, the game crashed. I've uploaded a screenshot of the crash (ignore the yellow disc in the screenshot - I believe that is caused by Microsoft's Android emulator BlueStacks running in the background), the crash dump file (named "11fed937-98cb-42bf-9f5c-ba52ed13941c.dmp"), my saved game (named "2") for testing purposes, and my TemplePlus.log file to the "gazra's files" folder of Sitra Achara's Google Drive;
Couldn't reproduce (Crash on TPK with Hezrou)

2. Left-clicking on the Hezrou Stench tab below a PC's portrait at the bottom left of the screen wrongly does not cause a help window (on the topic of "Hezrou Stench") to pop-up;
Fixed in b731

3. Left-clicking on the blue text "Hezrou Stench" in one of the pop-up windows associated with the Rolls History window correctly causes a help window labelled "Hezrou Stench" to pop-up but there is no text at all in the help window (see screenshot I uploaded);
Fixed in b731

4. During the Hezrou Guardian combat, the Hezrou Guardian summoned a Hezrou (as normal). The summoned Hezrou attacked a Large Water Elemental. Then the Large Water Elemental attacked the summoned Hezrou (see TemplePlus.log I uploaded).
Fixed in b733 (should take care of AI Spellcaster summons in general because now they will get the same factions as the spell caster)

I believe that the Vrock Guardian has a spores aura that acts similar to the Hezrou Stench.
Probably, but it has less problems associated with it, except for spell particle permanency which has been fixed at the root.

When casting spells requiring targeting more than 1 target (e.g. Haste, Chain Lightning, Mass Charm Monster, Weird, etc.), the player can't left-click on the green disc symbol above the caster's portrait at the bottom left of the screen (i.e. the green symbol that causes the text "Target these only" to hover above it if the mouse pointer is positioned over it) in order to cast the spell unless that green disc button is positioned very close to the targets of the spell.
Fixed v1.0.65

During the Hedrack combat, my wizard cast Mass Charm Monster which charmed a Hill Giant and an Ettin, but those 2 critters spent the rest of the combat doing nothing each round of the combat (i.e. they just skipped their turns in the combat initiative queue).
They won't attack their friends, as it should be (faction mates are considered friendly)

When my gnome wizard cast Enlarge Person on herself while she had a Longsword equipped, the game engine correctly kept her reach at 5 feet, but the game engine wrongly increased her size to large. Gnomes and halflings are small-sized creatures, so the game engine should have increased her size to normal (e.g. human-sized). The D&D 3.5 SRD states the following about the spell Enlarge Person:
Target: One humanoid creature
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
This spell causes instant growth of a humanoid creature, doubling its height and multiplying its weight by 8. This increase changes the creature’s size category to the next larger one. The target gains a +2 size bonus to Strength, a –2 size penalty to Dexterity (to a minimum of 1), and a –1 penalty on attack rolls and AC due to its increased size.
A humanoid creature whose size increases to Large has a space of 10 feet and a natural reach of 10 feet. This spell does not change the target’s speed.
If insufficient room is available for the desired growth, the creature attains the maximum possible size and may make a Strength check (using its increased Strength) to burst any enclosures in the process. If it fails, it is constrained without harm by the materials enclosing it— the spell cannot be used to crush a creature by increasing its size.
All equipment worn or carried by a creature is similarly enlarged by the spell. Melee and projectile weapons affected by this spell deal more damage. Other magical properties are not affected by this spell. Any enlarged item that leaves an enlarged creature’s possession (including a projectile or thrown weapon) instantly returns to its normal size. This means that thrown weapons deal their normal damage, and projectiles deal damage based on the size of the weapon that fired them. Magical properties of enlarged items are not increased by this spell.
Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack,.
Enlarge person counters and dispels reduce person.
NAB per se (visual glitch only; "overgrown medium sized")

During the Hedrack combat, my wizard cast Charm Person on Senshock which successfully charmed him. Hedrack hit Senshock and reduced Senshock's Hit Points to a dangerously low amount. Senshock teleported to Verbobonc. I thought that this was a little odd considering that Senshock was charmed at the time.
The spells Charm Person and Charm Monster are way too powerful because they pretty much act like the spells Dominate Person and Dominate Monster respectively.

Banichi

Novice
A couple of UI issues (seen in TemplePlus v1.0.10 but I'm sure they were in vanilla and Co8).

1. When looting corpses (not fixed containers) if you scroll down duplicates of some items will appear towards the bottom and sometimes "stack up" alongside the originals.

2. In the logbook Quests tab, if you have a sub-tab other than Hommlet (Nulb or Temple) selected then hotkeys don't work. In particular the "m" key doesn't switch to map and the "l" key doesn't close the logbook.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Played it some more:

Trolls take nonlethal damage from everything - even fire and acid which should hurt them normally. Fixed for v1.0.20
Solid fog does nothing except grant concealment - enemies just run through it unhindered.
Dismissal does not work on elementals, saying they are not extraplanar - wut? Fixed for v1.0.20

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Played it some more:

Trolls take nonlethal damage from everything - even fire and acid which should hurt them normally.
Couldn't replicate this - can you send a save demonstrating it?

Edit: Fixed finally. Looks like it was caused due to replacing the Property order in the protos.tab (which was done due to the silly parser bug, now fixed).

Solid fog does nothing except grant concealment - enemies just run through it unhindered.
Are you referring to cases where enemies start from outside the cloud perhaps? Unfortunately that's how it's handled in ToEE (it plans the move before the effect gets applied, so it calculates the path using the unaffected state). I might overhaul this but it's a PITA.

Dismissal does not work on elementals, saying they are not extraplanar - wut?
Heh, looks like there's a typo in the DLL proto-parser - it takes mc_subtype_extraplaner instead of extraplanar. Will fix.
Fixed for v1.0.20

Last edited:

SwingBlade

Educated
Two-weapon fighting doesn't work for unarmed monks. Unarmed with flurry disabled, I'm only getting one attack with my full-round action. It is my understanding that Improved Unarmed means they count as armed even with empty fists, so along with flurry should be getting three attacks a round at -4/-4/-4 with one attack being offhand (half STR) and the other two normal flurry strikes, just with the TWF penalties (for using two light weapons).

Dinsdale_P

Barely Literate
Extended spells doesn't actually seem to benefit from any duration increase, only taking higher level spell slots. Tested with Divine Favor and Bless.
Fixed for 1.0.22

Also, full attack sometimes messes up and the character loses any remaining attacks. No idea about the cause or whether or not is it a vanilla ToEE bug, but seems to happens less often (or never?) if you click on the "upper" part of the enemy, instead of the red circle and around.

SwingBlade

Educated
Extended spells doesn't actually seem to benefit from any duration increase, only taking higher level spell slots. Tested with Divine Favor and Bless.

Also, full attack sometimes messes up and the character loses any remaining attacks. No idea about the cause or whether or not is it a vanilla ToEE bug, but seems to happens less often (or never?) if you click on the "upper" part of the enemy, instead of the red circle and around.

Full-attack bugging seems to happen to me most often with "Target is blocked".

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Full-attack bugging seems to happen to me most often with "Target is blocked".

Question: are you sure you actually lose actions, or does the display merely glitch out? I've noticed there's a bug that reverts the cursor text from the "x/y attacks" to the blank state, but the attacks should still be there. You can manually solve the visual issue by hovering a portrait in the party row (I'll try to issue a proper fix for next version).

As a workaround you can go to the radial menu, select Single Attack and it'll continue from where it left.
Fixed quasi-visual glitch in 1.0.25

Edit: Ah ok, it does sometimes glitch out and cancel the Full Attack, something like 1 in 50 attempts (when you try to trigger it at least :P)

Last edited:

SwingBlade

Educated
So this started coming up in .23 I think (maybe .22?), but I've noticed that characters in combat seem to be hopping randomly. The red circles are my characters, and the blue circle with a 1 in it is where the giant started off (it's that giant that tells you to go away instead of fighting you, he had to die). I ringed it with my melee characters and started combat with a sneak attack from my rogue. As soon as I attacked, the giant seemed to teleport to its new position (blue 2). None of my characters moved in the meantime.
ZXyk6mb.png

Sitra Achara

Arcane
So this started coming up in .23 I think (maybe .22?), but I've noticed that characters in combat seem to be hopping randomly. The red circles are my characters, and the blue circle with a 1 in it is where the giant started off (it's that giant that tells you to go away instead of fighting you, he had to die). I ringed it with my melee characters and started combat with a sneak attack from my rogue. As soon as I attacked, the giant seemed to teleport to its new position (blue 2). None of my characters moved in the meantime.
ZXyk6mb.png
Pretty sure it's an old ToEE quirk where characters whose radius doesn't fit do that popping thing when their combat rounds starts and such.

SwingBlade

Educated
I'm not sure, but I see that equipping/unequipping Vance's robes / cloak often triggers this in the 'restored save' I sent. Seems to be unique to Vance. Will have to investigate further.
(I also vaguely remember there used to be a vanilla bug with the Dwarven Plate mesh, might be related)

Ok, looks like this might be it. From what I can tell taking off Vance's Royal Armor solves the issue. I've also confirmed that equipping Royal Armor on a dwarf causes the crash in a fresh game. So I recommend going to your last good save and trying to pick up from there - if there's still issues let me know.
(the issue doesn't occur with normal fullplate armor)

I got the save to load, dropped the royal armor in a house in Nulb, and things seem to be loading up with no issues. Does the issue also exist with Dwarven plate, or should I just stick with full plate to be sure?

Great to hear!
As far as I can tell Dwarven Plate is safe.

BTW, regarding the "stretching pixel" issue, was it Vance that had this issue perchance?

Yep. It was distinctly him since it was a red/white/gold pattern, for the ones I remember for sure. I thought others had the issue as well, but that might have just been me assuming the others had to have also had the issue.

Etharil

Novice
Lareth's Club of Striking will sometimes lose its ability to set charges to be added to the attacks. Sometimes it's a permanent loss. Reloading and resting can fix it, but if you enhance the club while the ability is missing, you lose it forever.

Considering there's no info about the item having limited charges, I assume that to be a bug.

Mathalor

Educated
I got a scroll of dominate monster early on, but my wizard cannot learn or use it. I asked in the co8 boards about it months ago, they told me that for some reason, there are two versions of dominate monster in the game, and that that scroll is tied to the wrong spell.

I also asked about why skeletons are immune to entangle, and apparantly the game counts them as plants.
Fixed for v1.0.30

Could these be fixed?

In the default game, every now and then I'll enter a new area and one of the sprites to one of my characters will have this weird stretched out graphic that looks like she's being pulled to the edge of the screen. I never save after it does that, I'm afraid of corruption, but I've noticed it twice so far in temple +

Do you know why it does that? Can it be fixed?

I asked about several features in the support thread (sorry), should I repost them here, or just wait till someone moves it?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Yeah, no idea what caused it. Even tried Invisibility Purge to no effect. At least it's not completely breaking, like the rogue perma-invis.

Alright, I think I fixed it. There were a few issues:
1. Dispel Magic would only end the Invisibility condition if the spell target was the spell caster. There are a few AI NPC casters who use Dispel Magic, so maybe that's what caused this for Vance in your game.
2. The Invisibility condition countdown made an exception for invisibility because it was also used for Ring of Invisibility. Added a workaround there.
3. Invisibility Sphere would cause perma-invisbility if Dismissed since it lacked a handler for spell dismissal.

What's rogue perma-invis? Is it from using the Ring of Invisibility perhaps? I can see that it might cause issues too.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I got a scroll of dominate monster early on, but my wizard cannot learn or use it. I asked in the co8 boards about it months ago, they told me that for some reason, there are two versions of dominate monster in the game, and that that scroll is tied to the wrong spell.

I also asked about why skeletons are immune to entangle, and apparantly the game counts them as plants.
Fixed for v1.0.30

Could these be fixed?

In the default game, every now and then I'll enter a new area and one of the sprites to one of my characters will have this weird stretched out graphic that looks like she's being pulled to the edge of the screen. I never save after it does that, I'm afraid of corruption, but I've noticed it twice so far in temple +

Do you know why it does that? Can it be fixed?

I asked about several features in the support thread (sorry), should I repost them here, or just wait till someone moves it?
The thing with the Dominate Monster scroll is that it's originally a Suggestion scroll. I'd like to do a proper fix where Suggestion is made a sensible spell (i.e. not an equivalent to Dominate Monster as ToEE had originally implemented it).

Fixed the zombie plants issue for next version.

The graphical stretching artifact is a known issue, and also a very tricky bastard to debug - will require some deep excavations in the animation system. As far as I know it doesn't have any lasting effects, but I'm not 100% sure.

Mathalor

Educated
Loading a sling should be a move action, like a light crossbow if your character doesn't have rapid reload (light crossbow).

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Sling

Currently in ToEE it is a free action, like a bow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom