Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

relic

Literate
Temple+ has downloaded and installed the latest version 1.0.10 and tells me to restart. Restart how, exactly? I exit the game and relaunch it, but I don't get v1.0.10? Am I supposed to download v1.0.10 from moddb? I don't get it. Sorry, I'm being such a dope.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Temple+ has downloaded and installed the latest version 1.0.10 and tells me to restart. Restart how, exactly? I exit the game and relaunch it, but I don't get v1.0.10? Am I supposed to download v1.0.10 from moddb? I don't get it. Sorry, I'm being such a dope.
Exiting and launching the game should do it... are you saying it's still stuck on the previous version?

relic

Literate
Yes. I go in and out of the game, and nothing changes. Each time I see v1.0.10 download and install with a message to start a new game. I ended up just downloading v1.0.10 from moddb, so I now have the latest version.

relic

Literate
I'm playing the Co8 8.1.0 NC with Temple+ v1.0.10 from the original game CD (patch 2), and I'm not getting the Aid Another option to wake my sleeping characters. I'm fighting Senshock in his room on the 4th level, and he uses Deep Slumber to put me to sleep, but I never get the Aid Another option in my radial menu?

DnDPaladin

Novice
Problems with Temple+

Game Type : GoG

number #1
Game doesn't update on its own, said i was on 1.07 that newer version was availlables and i needed to restart after it downloaded. so i closed down the game by clicking exit. then relaunched the game. it redownloaded again and told me to restart, and so on and so on without ever going up. i was always still in 1.07. until i finally decided to go on the website and download 1.0.10 all by myself and install it directly.
Added notification for installer in v1.0.12

number #2
game crashes frequently but randomly. sometimes in the middle of combat, sometimes during a conversation or sometimes in the menu of the game directly. My guess is that directX doesn't work well with Windows 10, which basically works only with directx 11 and plus. the rest are not compatible with it. basically windows 10 is an oddjob considering its not retro compatible with previous incarnations of its own designs. but whatever this problem is, it cannot really be reproduced because the crashes are random, they can happen 15 seconds in, or 5 hours later. but everytime i play this game i get at least 1 crash per session. and sometimes all the way from 1 crash to 5 crashes in a row. happens only on Temple+ and it happens reguardless of which version is installed. meaning that regular TOEE, or CO8 doesn'T matter, they happen still.
No longer an issue :)

Update on crashes...
Verbobonc, dialog with viscount makes the game crashes. i click the viscount saying, i got new information for you, i then click the i got the order to kill you sir. and then he tells me to get rid of lerrik and darlia, when i click yes sir. the game crashes. happens whatever the dialog option was chosen. once you say yes sir. the game crashes. making that quest unfinishable. happens only in temple+ not on regular Co8
Fixed in 1.0.11

number #3
everytimes i save a game, the option dial called no AoO and Fight Defensively always ends up rechecking themselves. and that is hapenning everytime i save the game. so right after i saved the game, i have to click my fighter and go into his option dial and uncheck no AOO and Fight defensively. this sucks. this also happens only if you have the improoved trip as my cleric doesn't have that problem.
Fixed for 1.0.11

number #4
not really a problem more like a way to tell players they need to grab their items from the floor if they craft soemthign and the inventory is full. the item appears on the floor, but nothing ever tells the player that it does. so if there is a way to make the player know that his inventory is full and that the created item is now on the floor. it would be great.
Added for v1.0.21

number #5
again not really a problem, just a simple thing that would make the changelog actually readable. like put in red what is new to the actual version, because right now its unclear what is truly new because there is so much stuff already. having to reread and compare to a saved log i created is just way too long to do just to know whats truly new in the engine at that point. so if you could make the changelog have whats truly new in that particular last update it would be great.
Started adding version # next to additions

number #6
it seems that changing th ename of an item during crafting is impossible if you placed keyboard shortcuts on the keyboard. so shortcuts should be disabled during item creation. otherwise hitting one of the shortcuts during item naming may make the crafting window disappear. exemple. my A key is set to show the wand crafting window. if i rename a sword i just updated. and hit A during that name. it will automatically close the crafting window. losing everything that was done and open my craft wand window. so definitely if we are changing th ename of an item, the keyboard shortcuts shouldn'T be active during that time.
Fixed in 1.0.11

thats all i have for now, the rest seems to work right.
really love the new stuff in this and i hope this goes much further then this. int he way that it would be cool to make full on new games out of the TOEE engines.
thanks for all your hard work on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

relic

Literate
I'm playing the Co8 8.1.0 NC with Temple+ v1.0.10 from the original game CD (patch 2), and I'm not getting the Aid Another option to wake my sleeping characters. I'm fighting Senshock in his room on the 4th level, and he uses Deep Slumber to put me to sleep, but I never get the Aid Another option in my radial menu?

Nevermind. I figured it out.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Problems with Temple+

Game Type : GoG

number #1
Game doesn't update on its own, said i was on 1.07 that newer version was availlables and i needed to restart after it downloaded. so i closed down the game by clicking exit. then relaunched the game. it redownloaded again and told me to restart, and so on and so on without ever going up. i was always still in 1.07. until i finally decided to go on the website and download 1.0.10 all by myself and install it directly.

Please post the SquirrelSetup.log file located in:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\TemplePlus

number #2
game crashes frequently but randomly. sometimes in the middle of combat, sometimes during a conversation or sometimes in the menu of the game directly. My guess is that directX doesn't work well with Windows 10, which basically works only with directx 11 and plus. the rest are not compatible with it. basically windows 10 is an oddjob considering its not retro compatible with previous incarnations of its own designs. but whatever this problem is, it cannot really be reproduced because the crashes are random, they can happen 15 seconds in, or 5 hours later. but everytime i play this game i get at least 1 crash per session. and sometimes all the way from 1 crash to 5 crashes in a row. happens only on Temple+ and it happens reguardless of which version is installed. meaning that regular TOEE, or CO8 doesn'T matter, they happen still.
Does it produce a crash dump? If so please upload it. It should be located at
C:\Users\<USERNAME>]Saved Games\TemplePlus

Likewise please save your logfile after a crash and send it too.

Update on crashes...
Verbobonc, dialog with viscount makes the game crashes. i click the viscount saying, i got new information for you, i then click the i got the order to kill you sir. and then he tells me to get rid of lerrik and darlia, when i click yes sir. the game crashes. happens whatever the dialog option was chosen. once you say yes sir. the game crashes. making that quest unfinishable. happens only in temple+ not on regular Co8

number #3
everytimes i save a game, the option dial called no AoO and Fight Defensively always ends up rechecking themselves. and that is hapenning everytime i save the game. so right after i saved the game, i have to click my fighter and go into his option dial and uncheck no AOO and Fight defensively. this sucks. this also happens only if you have the improoved trip as my cleric doesn't have that problem.
Please send the savegame.

number #6
it seems that changing th ename of an item during crafting is impossible if you placed keyboard shortcuts on the keyboard. so shortcuts should be disabled during item creation. otherwise hitting one of the shortcuts during item naming may make the crafting window disappear. exemple. my A key is set to show the wand crafting window. if i rename a sword i just updated. and hit A during that name. it will automatically close the crafting window. losing everything that was done and open my craft wand window. so definitely if we are changing th ename of an item, the keyboard shortcuts shouldn'T be active during that time.
Hells, you're right :lol: will fix.

Thanks for the reports.

DnDPaladin

Novice
For the downloading bug, i'll be waiting on the update for 1.0.11 see if it does again because now im up to date and and it seems it works well for now. but definitely giving you the file if it does it again.

heres dump file and Log File, though log files says i casted all 6 stat boosting stuff when i really didn't so im guessing it may be the staff of transmutation that causes the bugs im having. same with my cleric, it says i casted a flame strike a bunch of times which i never do. anyway here they are...

Dump File
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2218&authkey=!AGRMcAfs5xqKALA&ithint=file,dmp

Log File (13mb)
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2219&authkey=!AHCHezIQ8Y0V_F8&ithint=file,log

Issue with font rendering encountered elsewhere, should be fixed by now

dont know why you think save game file is warranted but, here it comes as well...
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2223&authkey=!AEMHal2_Yvh8AJw&ithint=file,tfaf

Sitra Achara

Arcane
For the downloading bug, i'll be waiting on the update for 1.0.11 see if it does again because now im up to date and and it seems it works well for now. but definitely giving you the file if it does it again.

heres dump file and Log File, though log files says i casted all 6 stat boosting stuff when i really didn't so im guessing it may be the staff of transmutation that causes the bugs im having. same with my cleric, it says i casted a flame strike a bunch of times which i never do. anyway here they are...

Dump File
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2218&authkey=!AGRMcAfs5xqKALA&ithint=file,dmp

Log File (13mb)
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2219&authkey=!AHCHezIQ8Y0V_F8&ithint=file,log

dont know why you think save game file is warranted but, here it comes as well...
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2223&authkey=!AEMHal2_Yvh8AJw&ithint=file,tfaf

I need the savegame because I can't replicate the bug with the ticking of options on savegame, it may be caused by some particular situation in your game. I think I've also nailed the Viscount crash bug but I want to make sure.

Unfortunately you only uploaded one part of the savegame files - I need all 6 of them. Example:

Code:
slot0002[save name].gsi (where [save name] is replaced with the name of your save game)
slot0002.co8
slot0002.tfaf
slot0002.tfai
slot0002l.jpg
slot0002s.jpg

DnDPaladin

Novice
All here in the folder.
unfortunately i did find a way to get that viscount mission done. and that was by declining any interest in it. then going to the enemy and it still triggered the viscount job anyway.

as for the checks on no AoO and Fight Defensively. could that have been created by a 1.07 bug and then somehow solved in other versions. but since my save files are from 1.07 it keeps doing it ? because really, it does it reguardless of which save it is, auto-save or not. i make sure they are unchecked. then save and when i load it back, they are checked again. i think it might have been a 1.07 bug or something, because the option for tripping wasn'T availlable for a while and then boom it suddently reappeared. so it might have been a bug that followed me around for a while.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2229&authkey=!ALikdyy1gLCJG7w&ithint=folder,tfaf

Fixed in 1.0.11

ArchAngel

Arcane
So when I started Temple+ for first time it offers my native resolution (1080p). Is that OK or do I need to use a lower resolution?

Banichi

Novice
Town map isn't working on Temple Level3. Opening the map window shows the world map with the "Current Map" button greyed out. Hovering over that button shows the tooltip "The townmaps are not available from this map".

Fixed for v1.0.20 (was applying Co8 modification)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Heh! There used to be an identical bug with the To-Hit bonus in the pre-patch days. Wouldn't surprise me if the damage bonus just went unnoticed.

Edit: yup, it's lacking the check for ammo matching the weapon in the damage callback, which was added to the To Hit callback.

Last edited:

Banichi

Novice
So, um,

http://www.allcutt.me.uk/templeplus/troll_lulz.png

yeah

I can repeatedly start dialogue with the same troll. The first time he said "Er" and my responses led directly into this dialogue and subsequent dialogues started out with "Ug" then the "already met" dialogue options for the farmer. I've also just managed to get the Cupid's Arrow quest from the troll.. :)

Just a thought.. my "upgrade" process so far is to grab the latest release and just unzip in place overwriting existing files. Is this sufficiently similar to what the UI frontend does or is that slightly more clever about removing unneeded files etc.?

Another screenshot of the initial conversation starter as I reproduce from the last save: http://www.allcutt.me.uk/templeplus/troll_lulz_intro.png

Fixed for 1.0.12 (vanilla/Co8 crossover issue)

Banichi

Novice
Latest: http://www.allcutt.me.uk/templeplus/screwy.png (so a Lamia having a +12 bonus to Will saves looks a little odd, but they're monstrous beasts or something so I guess that might be RAW.. but +2 from Greater Weapon Focus? )

This is just becoming weird.

Fixed for 1.0.12 (Iron Will feat display issue in vanilla)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
So, um,

http://www.allcutt.me.uk/templeplus/troll_lulz.png

yeah

I can repeatedly start dialogue with the same troll. The first time he said "Er" and my responses led directly into this dialogue and subsequent dialogues started out with "Ug" then the "already met" dialogue options for the farmer. I've also just managed to get the Cupid's Arrow quest from the troll.. :)

Just a thought.. my "upgrade" process so far is to grab the latest release and just unzip in place overwriting existing files. Is this sufficiently similar to what the UI frontend does or is that slightly more clever about removing unneeded files etc.?

Another screenshot of the initial conversation starter as I reproduce from the last save: http://www.allcutt.me.uk/templeplus/troll_lulz_intro.png

Latest: http://www.allcutt.me.uk/templeplus/screwy.png (so a Lamia having a +12 bonus to Will saves looks a little odd, but they're monstrous beasts or something so I guess that might be RAW.. but +2 from Greater Weapon Focus? )

This is just becoming weird.

Heh, the Troll dialogue is due to adding the Co8 proto to the protos extension. I missed that it had a san_dialog script (Co8 / Livonya used that file for the Troll interrogation script). But why are you talking to Trolls anyway? :P

As for the Lamia bug, it's not present in Co8. But keep reporting those and eventually we'll integrate all the Co8 bugfixes ;) I think that one in particular is just misprinting 'Iron Will'.
Likewise the absurd save values are vanilla bugs - it looks like the Troika 'content guy' wasn't informed about how the protos.tab parser works, since the values there should be the base values.

As for the logbook, it's known to be glitchy... IIRC there's some weird bug where if you scroll by mousewheel instead of clicking with the mouse the ego entries get all garbled up.

Unzipping files should be good enough, the frequently changing files are packed in tpgamefiles.dat and co8fixes.dat.

Last edited:

DnDPaladin

Novice
Since when is flank bonus given to people that are more then 5 feet away from creatures ?
from your pictures you showed the to-hit.

but, i got a good question which might be why some of us can't update the game properly thru the game itself.
do we start the game directly from the TemplePlusSetup110.exe that we downloaded or did we need to install anything before end ?
because thats what im doing, i got that EXE on desktop and i just start it to play the game.
just in case you want to see the log file still...
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2266&authkey=!AKEFANHhfj11zlA&ithint=file,log
here it is.

i'm asking cause again, the game refuses to install the 1.0.11. it says downloading, installing, then restart for it to take effect. i restart and boom it is still on 1.0.10 and redo the whole process again.
so yeah it might be because of the question above.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Wait, so you're running the setup each time? Then yes, that will revert the version to whichever one you downloaded. After installing you should have a shortcut in the start menu, use that instead.

Banichi

Novice
Since when is flank bonus given to people that are more then 5 feet away from creatures ?
from your pictures you showed the to-hit.

(AIUI) flank only depends on someone "the other side" of the target threatening it - which they can do with a reach weapon.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
For me, it was completely fucked up, even after performing a clean install. All it did was spawn multiple copies of its executables (templeplus.exe, templeconfig.exe and update.exe) that would just hang in the task manager doing nothing. They could not even be terminated, I had to restart my machine to get rid of them.

Turned out it was the automatic update thingy - game runs normally after turning that off, if anyone else is having this problem. Way to reinforce my belief that any feature with 'automatic' in its name deserves to be jettisoned into the Sun.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
For me, it was completely fucked up, even after performing a clean install. All it did was spawn multiple copies of its executables (templeplus.exe, templeconfig.exe and update.exe) that would just hang in the task manager doing nothing. They could not even be terminated, I had to restart my machine to get rid of them.

Turned out it was the automatic update thingy - game runs normally after turning that off, if anyone else is having this problem. Way to reinforce my belief that any feature with 'automatic' in its name deserves to be jettisoned into the Sun.

It might be shot down by your AV - which one are you using? Are your definitions up to date?

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
It might be shot down by your AV - which one are you using? Are your definitions up to date?

I'm using Avast, definitions should be up to date. Still, I prefer reading a changelog and installing updates manually in case I like them, so it's not much of an issue... but thanks for the reply. ;)

By the way, have you considered simply re-creating the 3.5 ruleset in another engine like Unity or something? With the effort that went into Co8 and this stuff, you could probably do that thrice over.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'm using Avast, definitions should be up to date. Still, I prefer reading a changelog and installing updates manually in case I like them, so it's not much of an issue... but thanks for the reply. ;)

By the way, have you considered simply re-creating the 3.5 ruleset in another engine like Unity or something? With the effort that went into Co8 and this stuff, you could probably do that thrice over.
Well, you know the joke about the guy who walked into the doctor's office with a frog stuck to its head? It's kind of like that...

Also, personally I find it more fun to do the "polish" than to start from scratch and do over all the basics that have been done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom