Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The more respectable and mainstream developers become the less they are going to be affiliated with communities like the Codex.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The more respectable and mainstream developers become the less they are going to be affiliated with communities like the Codex.
If it's a developer launching a new risky rpg game on kickstarter, first timers, or long lost glories, they will invariably come here to suck enough codex dick to get some positive community word of mouth for the upcoming crowd funding campaign, and get a few extra monies out of it.

Otherwise, we have outliers or in-house developers.

Mustawd

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/sea.13456/

He just has a thin skin and refuses to post on/read the Codex.
I don't think inxile was expecting a significant number of codexers to shit on their magnus opus, especially considering some of our management here.

It's funny to see how butthurt Sea and BN became.

Has he actually gotten upset at some of the feedback? Or are we just inferring that from his absence?

I know if I was a dev I probably wouldn't say jack shit on the codex till the game was done. But that's just me.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Urbanolo

Augur
Since the thread has been derailed significantly, can someone tell me if there is an estimated release date for the game? Or if the beta is getting any updates?

SniperHF

Arcane
Since the thread has been derailed significantly, can someone tell me if there is an estimated release date for the game? Or if the beta is getting any updates?

Estimated release is this year sometime, nothing more specific. In recent interviews they have said they are on track for that.

And yes there are supposed to be updates coming.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
On that note - I fell out of the loop a bit, did inXile announce a new beta update? Current release (1st patch) is kinda old.
't is, indeed. We've been doing some major updates and reworkings across the board internally, adding missing features like merchants, updating the UI from its initial first-pass state, overhauling several game mechanics, systems and content. There was no great spot to patch without breaking more than we'd fix with a lot of things partially implemented, but we're getting there. No ETA, but the next patch will definitely be a big 'un.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
A smart move by him. Why would you want to damage your career by associating with a bunch of degenerate autists on here?

Okaaay, we took a look at your resumée, looks good an-.. wait a minute. You frequented the KODEX? Sorry. You don't get the job.

Weakness. Deserves no job.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
On that note - I fell out of the loop a bit, did inXile announce a new beta update? Current release (1st patch) is kinda old.
't is, indeed. We've been doing some major updates and reworkings across the board internally, adding missing features like merchants, updating the UI from its initial first-pass state, overhauling several game mechanics, systems and content. There was no great spot to patch without breaking more than we'd fix with a lot of things partially implemented, but we're getting there. No ETA, but the next patch will definitely be a big 'un.

Wassup

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Hey, HEY, Monty...

... when will Purgatorio be released? :P

One might view Torment as the end result of the Atari-Purgatorio adventure.

Purgatorio would have been an expansion pack for NWN2 courtesy of Lawrence Liberty and the Rogue Dao team.

Last edited:

Starwars

Arcane
Oh, wow... damn. Well, it was a beautiful dream.

Still kinda sad that those awesome looking areas and that crapton of awesome music never got to see any proper use. :(

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Oh, wow... damn. Well, it was a beautiful dream.

Still kinda sad that those awesome looking areas and that crapton of awesome music never got to see any proper use. :(

Yeah Purgatorio getting blocked because "Planescape" was not a viable property (lol) was as frustrating as Aliens: Crucible falling victim to the 2008-2009 financial / liquidity crisis.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Has he actually gotten upset at some of the feedback? Or are we just inferring that from his absence?

I know if I was a dev I probably wouldn't say jack shit on the codex till the game was done. But that's just me.

He hasn't posted here in nearly a year, but has no problems tweeting away or posting at the Obsidian forums like so https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85839-obsidians-creative-direaction/page-4#entry1799710

Diagnosis: butthurt
I miss the days when I could send a few e-mails to InXile support and see sea's instant reaction butthurt on the Shoutbox.
Rest in pieces, sea-llout.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
So, it's mid 2016. They are planning to releas in early 2017 or something?
I wonder how long inExile is running on negative cash already

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
the beta was released in Jan/Feb

Wasteland 2 was 10 months from beta to release

I mean for them to take longer than 10 is definitely conceivable, but like doing the math, there's no way I would expect them to take LESS than 10 months from beta, given they have much more cash for Torment than Wasteland 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom