Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Skip 20 pizzas and buy it for a friend too.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Metro in a nutshell (applies to virtually any game):

This game is gonna be shit.

You think this game is gonna be good? You're retarded.

Can't believe you're looking forward to this shit game.

Game's trash, you're trash, and here are a dozen arbitrary criteria and subjective anecdotes that constitute incontrovertible proof.

6 months later....

Hey man, can you gift me a copy?

Now that's what I call consummate professionalism.
4599cb4bb21121390fa2ba69de29a6ed.jpg

I uninstalled this during the closed beta. Wouldn't play it if you gave me six copies and the super duper special edition with extra cheese. Dark Souls 3, though, you can buy me.

Suicidal

Arcane
Skip 20 pizzas and buy it for a friend too.

No way man. I like OW but not enough to sacrifice 20 pizzas for it. Also, buying games for other people? Pff, where do you think I live - in a 1st world country?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So you're saying your friends are worth less to you than a slice of pizza? That's harsh, man :(

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron

Jackalope

Arcane
I have a couple of friends who got this, so I'm getting it too. We had a blast during the beta. It's a good game as long as someone is pushing the damn cart.
Nothing sucks more than playing with some mouthbreathers that don't bother with the damn objective.

Top things I did in the beta:
1. Flying my D.Va at the enemy cart and jumping out at just the right time to blow them all up. It worked perfectly.
2. Playing with Lucio on Ilios and pushing a whole bunch of guys out of the map with his secondary fire.
3. Joining a match with 5 Reinhardts. The dumbest and funnest thing ever, can't ever remember if we won, but controlling the point was awesome.
4. Taking Hanamura in record time with a D.Va, a Pharah and a Mercy. The rest of our team kept the enemies busy, while we flew from the side. We took A in less than a minute, then rushed from the side of B and took that just as fast. It was the easiest match ever, I want to try that again.

Trias_Betrayed

Scholar
How low is the skill floor/ceiling for the game and does competitive play exist? Because it seems that everyone keeps mentioning how they are wrecking shit, how they are pretty good, etc. Also the term "casual shooter" is also floating around.

Eh, TF2 didn't have game-changing content that are locked behind hours of grinding. Most of the best weapons are stock only. Most PUGs/Comps use stock and other items are only sometimes used. Sniper comes to mind, and so does Soldier. Even then, grinding for one weapon is basically quick due to 1:2 trades.

I didn't play TF2 for long because it felt like there were weapons and stuff behind locks from what I remember and I didn't really bother trading but yeah, not a lot of experience with TF2. As for overwatch I'd say casual shooter is entirely dependent on who you're playing against, since it's pvp only. Skill floor and ceiling depend on the hero, but even 76 who's probably the easiest still has to direct hit his rockets to deal optimal damage, so you know whatever. Then Hanzo or Genji innately have higher ones due to being squishy and the delays on their bow/shurikens. Far as I know they had a competitive mode and then removed it before the last open beta because they had complaints about how it counted the score and are re-working it for release. I like the heroes and that most matches last less than 20 minutes so it's easy to do and then do something else and come back, I'll probably play shitloads of it.

Gerrard

Arcane
What games? Diablo 3?
Not to mention this isn't a full price game in the first place.

And also, didn't they release Starcraft 2 in 3 full priced parts?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom