Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl 2

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wood Elves and Lizardmen are not included, right? So thats another 14 € if you want the complete game. Doesn't look like a better deal to me.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Wood Elves and Lizardmen are not included, right? So thats another 14 € if you want the complete game. Doesn't look like a better deal to me.

They were free until like 2 weeks ago. But it looks like the "free races" DLC decision was made after they switched them to a for sale option.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sell 1/8 game for full price. Give rest of game over the next 3 years for "free". Get applause from retards.
Not intended as applause, just an acknowledgement that while they did it in a bad way, they didn't do it in the worst possible way as it first appeared they would.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Just an update since I grabbed the game again and a lot of the problems have been updated/solved since release.
- Inducements make sense now (can see enemy team and their inducement).
- You can see names, position and all skills on the field with a quick key press (CTRL by default).
- The board grid appears when needed (overall).
- Couple fucked up skills were fixed/implemented. I believe there is one still missing but didn't experience it and couldn't find the reference anywhere. Overall seems to work as intended. I somehow also managed to "have the option to use a skill" during play (Dodge) but again, can't find out how again yet.
- Each player now has a personal stat page with all yards run, passes, KO, etc. That's pretty cool.
EDIT:
- Camera replays can be set to "only when blocks go through armor", which makes it fun.
- Players now teleport instead of running when setting up defenses and attacks formations.

I've been in a solo "Old World" League (4 divisions of 10 teams each, 2 promotions/demotion per season, best of each go into Blood Bowl cup each season) and almost done with first season. I spent hundred hours in solo campaign back in BB one and that's part of the interest for me (other is online league of course, but I can only "tolerate" one or two vs human games a week, if that). Results of all games can be reviewed and make some kind of sense. Teams and players seem properly tracked and while they started "basic" (as in, averaged TV based on their starting division), they are all evolving nicely. Being able to see every single stat for every AI team and AI player is kind cool, though that's probably just for me :)

The AI is...lacking a sense of context here and there, same issue as BB1. It's a bit better I'd say, but just average overall. Good enough for me though a bit more "focus", especially on scoring (or whatever their goal is) would be nice.
Mult is multi, it does what it does I guess.

As a note:
- It's on xmas sale on Steam
- Norse (eta end of february), Undead, Nurgle & Necromatic DLCs will be free if you own the game before they are released.

Overall, I'm having fun, like BB1, just an updated, bit more polished fun.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Friend gifted this to me.

I'm having a good time with this game. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing - never played BB much, my sense of strategy is slowly growing, but if I run into experienced players I get BTFO. My win rate is about 50/50 which I guess is alright for a scrub facing what I assume are mostly other scrubs.

One thing I like is that the game is just more readable and user friendly than the first. BB has a lot of rules in play that can be overwhelming for noobs so it's nice to have some of the QoL stuff in there.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I've bought it. It's really cheap in potato.

After initial gruesome failures I'm having a good time with the skaven. Nuffle has been kind to me.
(Side note - rat ogre sucks)

Maybe we should make a codexian league after the 4 free DLCs.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, I think I have enough Blood Bowl 2 for now. MY Skaven team is has so many +stats that I'm afraid to use this wonderful lucky jewel.

And there's my Bretonnian roleplaying team - Blitzer with Sure Hands, Fend, Dodge and Side Step (+ his base Block, Catch, Dauntless). The ultimate troll ball carrier.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The free ("Founders Incentive") Norse DLC is now available:

The Norse team is now available!
3. MAI - NETHEOS
1462271195-norse-01.jpg

Hey Coaches,

Blood Bowl 2 welcomes a new race on its pitch: The Norse. The new screenshots show off the fearsome Norse players, their impressive Big Guy and their bestial Star Players - all included in the Norse DLC available today on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

To respect the PC players of the first Blood Bowl game, which accumulated 23 races through 3 paying editions - we have heard their frustration - we decided to create the FOUNDERS INCENTIVE for PC players of Blood Bowl 2: players will receive the Norse, the Undead, the Necromantic and the Nurgle teams for free, as long as they purchased the game before the races release.

If you buy Blood Bowl 2 today before the store page update around 7:00PM (CEST), you'll immediatly get the Norse team for free, as well as the Undead, Necromantic and Nurgle teams as soon as they're available.

1462272435-annonce-founder-2.jpg

Hailing from a far north peninsula of the Old World, Norsca, the Norse are fearsome warriors who naturally benefit from the Block skill – making a Norse line one of the more resilient Blood Bowl defensive walls.

Norse players also have low Armour value, meaning they’re built for dishing out damage, not taking it. We’re excited to see how new Norse Coaches plan around the team’s weaknesses and exploit their strengths.

The Norse DLC pack includes new types of players, including the Ulfwerener. These werewolves encourage damage-dealing plays with their high Strength and their brutal Frenzy skill.

The Norse Big Guy is the Yhetee, a vicious Snow Troll with Claws built for shredding high armoured players. Finally, two Star Players are joining the Norse: Icepelt Hammerblow, Yhetee, and Wilhelm Chaney, Ulfwerener.

Please find the full patchlog HERE.

Have fun on the pitch,
Cyanide Studio & Focus Home Interactive

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
They look decent if a bit goofy, especially Runners with some of the funky jersey colors...
Only 9 heads for the humans (same for all 4 human types), 2 per the others. I usually go full human before adding more special positionals so it's annoying there's not enough heads for that least.
No new Norse stadium type apparently either.
Didn't notice any obvious stat/price changes though didn't play with them nor looked very closely yet.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Just bought and installed it.

First online game my opponent disconnects on turn 4 when i steal the ball. Second opponent quits on turn 4 when I steal the ball. If this shit continues, I won't bother playing.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
^^ Shit like that is why FUMBBL is superiour. Their zero tolerance stance to leaving matches.

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
FUMBBL is superior in every single way except maybe matchmaking. not even sure thats better in the shit version.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
^^ Shit like that is why FUMBBL is superiour. Their zero tolerance stance to leaving matches.

in fumbbl people can concede also, the same as in BB2
The difference is not what you can do, but what the community does.

When you move away from the niche and try to become mainstream, expect to attract subhuman scum. Doesn't help that the tutorial in bb2 teaches you that surrender at the first sign of trouble is a ok move.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

in fumbbl people can concede also, the same as in BB2

If they do though, their team gets 0 cash, 0 vp and they keep their injuries. Also mandatory fan factor loss.

Eh... firstly, this is exactly the same in both incarnations of Cyanide, so your point is hard to decipher if you even have one, and secondly, fan factor loss is a nearly strictly positive in LRB6.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
so far 5-0

Everyone either concedes or disconnects, even the last where the team had 500 value higher than me. He was so fixated on trying to injure my guys that i was able to blitz his carrier and run off with the ball. Dumbass conceded right after that. At least it saves me from having my entire team injured or dead.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
When BB2 has anything that makes it remotely worth playing over BB1? I would consider it on full team implementation. Currently I am very happy playing in Orca Cola League, and I will recommend heartily to any Codex BB-fan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom