Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Mount & Blade to buy?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You control a character whose stats have a bearing on your combat, army size, tactical layout, persuasion, etc. So... yeah, it's an RPG.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
By the time Warband 2 comes out Kony might be able to afford it.

Severian Silk

Has the strategic aspect been improved? In M&B it was p lame IMO, not to mention really ugly to look at. Also pathfinding in fortresses.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The RPG game was a game played by bored Russian soldiers back in the 90's. It's a bit like Petanque, but instead of tossing metal balls, players would launch dud RPG-7 rockets (of which there were tons left over from the Soviet era) towards an open field, scoring points by hitting closer to the first rocket than their opponent.

A fair number of soldiers got hurt from using live rockets by mistake, so it was never widely played. The RPG game eventually fell out of popularity after Putin rose to power, as his focus on improving the army meant both that soldiers would be disciplined for irresponsible use of weapons, and that the the supply of duds largely dried up with improved logistics.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've been playing a bit of M&B1 lately, it seems like a massive grindy time sink. Bland and samey world; no plot, interesting quests or any character with anything interesting to say; its nice visiting villages until you realize there is nothing there at all, so there is not point in exploration; no real C&C or reactivity .. yet its somehow addictive, because the combat is fun and you want to build up a bigger and better army.. which again boils down to grinding since progress is so slow. It does not even really have a sandbox-y feel to it cause the world feels so static and unresponsive that it doesn't really matter at all what faction currently holds one castle or another. So basically you are just running around and mindlessly go through the same motions again and again until your numbers go up. The atmosphere in the big battles and the relatively authentic medieval feel make it kinda fun but it also feels a bit like wasting my time on a slot machine or something.

Does Warband improve on any of these points or is it just M&B1 with multiplayer?

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Try mods. Especially Brytenwelda if you are history fag or Prophesy of Pendor if you want to play in low fantasy setting with much better balanced elite units.or try Nova aeastas to get into renassaince era.

For me warband and M&B is about trying mods by community until you get bored by one and rush to the other. Lots of great mods out there that improve longevity of the game and bring out challencing gameplay with lots of new tricks and content.

Story or living gameworld isn't the strong point of these games so i play it for the sense of progress i get from managing my warband and great combat mechanics

So warband doesn't improve it that much but it has much better modding community in it. If you aren't against mods try it.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Release !... oh wait.... for consoles, i knew it is popamole :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom