Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oooh! An update!

Well... I'm enamoured by both B and D, but ultimately, I want to tear reality more than I want to create deadites..

So.

D
B

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Oh... a shame about all the goblins. I hope that our slimes are still alright, to say nothing of Zayan.

I think I'll be wanting the reality tear one. Endless skeletal minions are fine and all, but we already have about infinite golems from how it appears now, and I think it would be quite helpful to patch into the in-between realm that we accidentally bore into earlier in order to find certain important persons or realities that we have lost.

As to the heroes, I think we should recall the state of our last prisoner and not fear C as the most merciful path. Loyal Boss will have his brave dues paid with any of the presented options, but C will allow for them to be at their most useful.

DC > DB

Last edited:

Kayerts

Arcane
1. D seems a lot more useful than B. We already have a ton of ways of dealing with battlefields full of mooks (gigadyne, armies of golems, lightning storms). There are two things we've encountered that seem capable of giving Erd trouble: individually powerful opponents (the adventuring encounter's leaders), and location-based debuffs (the tower, the temple). We don't have a great way of dealing with debuffs, but Reality Tear will make us non-useless against opponents with electricity resistance. Seems like Gigadyne's major scaling strength is in the mobility/immunity it offers; combining it with the finest offensive magic known to humanity seems like a very strong combo. D > C > A.

2. I don't have a clear preference here, but these seem like quite high-tier heroes for this world. There's a decent chance either we or Zayan could do something useful with them. C.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I admit Reality Tear sounds pretty awesome and it would surely be a handy spell when everything works, but I just want to see the Scythe in action more than anything.

lightbane

Arcane
I believe one of the Soulscythe's major advantages, besides the minions, is that since it is an ethereal attack, it will leave the enemies' bodies intact, thus increasing our chances of getting good loot. By the way treave, what exactly is the chance to acquire skeletal followers from using said spell? And what kind of undead would they be? Until now we didn't have any necromancy magic, so I don't know if it will affect its performance in this regard.

Meanwhile, Reality Tear sounds good, but this is the Lemmingdex we're talking about. Chances are sooner or later Erd will do irreparable damage to the fabric of reality, opening the way to hordes of white spheres eager to tentacle-rape him.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
By the way treave, what exactly is the chance to acquire skeletal followers from using said spell? And what kind of undead would they be? Until now we didn't have any necromancy magic, so I don't know if it will affect its performance in this regard.

On average, one in four will be turned into a skeleton. And at this moment it's just skeletons, fodder enemies. It's a spell meant to be used on the battlefield to kill and convert large numbers of soldiers to disposable allied units. If you chose to become bones back then and also picked this spell, you would have found a lot of synergy and been able to use the spell to create high-ranking undead underlings, like liches or deathknights.

But eh, hindsight and all that. You can still do that in the future if you go down the right path anyway. :M

Kipeci

Arcane
I believe one of the Soulscythe's major advantages, besides the minions, is that since it is an ethereal attack, it will leave the enemies' bodies intact, thus increasing our chances of getting good loot. By the way treave, what exactly is the chance to acquire skeletal followers from using said spell? And what kind of undead would they be? Until now we didn't have any necromancy magic, so I don't know if it will affect its performance in this regard.

Meanwhile, Reality Tear sounds good, but this is the Lemmingdex we're talking about. Chances are sooner or later Erd will do irreparable damage to the fabric of reality, opening the way to hordes of white spheres eager to tentacle-rape him.
If what you want is loot, Reality Tear is really best by far. Rather than taking your opponent's things by facing them in combat, killing them first and scavenging over whatever has survived the clash, is it not better to just rip open an interdimensional hole and pilfer things that way? This was apparently how Erd would have secured exams so that he wouldn't need to study, after all. You don't have to care about space concerns or security measures when you can strategically slip by them, offering opportunities for pilfering that go far beyond what the scythe would offer. If you want to make it a question of scavening a particular nice thing that the opponent has, I'm confident in Erd's capacity to actually aim his shots and not tear a nice sword asunder rather than someone's midsection.

We know we're likely to pop in and out of reality a few times, it generally happens frequently with treave's LPs and in particular our home is lying in another one and we swore to come back. Knowing how to break something down is a crucial step to figuring how to put it back together, and besides all that this totally ignores magic and physical resistance and is likely to be our best best for if we go up against Fate and other high powers.

If we have about a quarter chance of generating a skeleton with each kill, then we have just marginally better than a 50/50 shot at actually generating one measly skeleton out of this band of heroes. I think that's entirely too wasteful (for us) and merciful (for them), so how about we keep them painfully alive to be put to our purposes? We could use some information of the type that these heroes would possess... ex. who are they, who is getting them to attack, what has happened to Rin, what are the circumstances of the assault on the tower? None of these are answered if we kill them all, even if we net a skeleton as a sidekick.

lightbane

Arcane
I'm more worried that using Reality Tear recklessly will cause this world to fade away and fall into a "tentacled to death by white spheres" bad end, especially because of Lemmingdex's highly cunning decisions. Also, Erd better learns how to patch up these reality wounds, lest he ends up attracting the attention from the gods far too early.

We know we're likely to pop in and out of reality a few times, it generally happens frequently with treave's LPs and in particular our home is lying in another one and we swore to come back. Knowing how to break something down is a crucial step to figuring how to put it back together, and besides all that this totally ignores magic and physical resistance and is likely to be our best best for if we go up against Fate and other high powers.

I believe this didn't happen in Legend, unless you count the warp-teleport to the future. Either way, said high powers most likely have dimensional powers/ bullshit countermeasures to prevent us from using said uber-power, so the point is moot. However, since Rin pretty much declared to the world of our location and Grahferde is about to be invaded by two armies (if it has not been already), we'll need as much firepower as needed. So I'll swap my vote to:
1. D.
2. B.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Kipeci makes a convincing case for Reality Tear. Flopping to DA.

Jester

Arbiter
DA

Screw this kingdom and all people in it. We wanted to take control politely and avoid chaos, but nooo. Earth for monster kind! Remove humiz oppressors.

Baltika9

Arcane
Actually, bros, I think its in our interests to spare the adventurers. Not for any informational advantages, no, but because we might be getting played here:
And it is then that your strength chooses to fully return, then that the spell fully fades. As the stone cracks and crumbles and flakes away, and you are finally set free, you are beset by the thought that having your freedom return at such a dramatic moment seemed to be firmly in the tastes of certain goddesses you had the displeasure of being acquainted with. Could the touch of the Fates extend even to another world?
I wouldn't at all be surprised if whatever deities are overseeing this realm, decided we'd make the perfect Dark Lord. Not saying Erdrick is a good guy, but our best stat is the hidden Art of Bullshit. And since no one knows of this angel by the name of Edrick Mercant, well, we have a clean slate to weave a new bullshit story.
So... vote C, bros!

wjw

Augur
I sense little to no support for C. Black Dispel, while it offers such great versatility. It's basically a very efficient cleaning spell. The fact that it has to be controlled well, or otherwise become a sure way of disaster should signal that this spell is completely Codex proof.

Second vote should be B for consistency. Being trapped into stone for ??? many years, shouldn't reflect on our behavior.

CB

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
I wouldn't at all be surprised if whatever deities are overseeing this realm, decided we'd make the perfect Dark Lord. Not saying Erdrick is a good guy, but our best stat is the hidden Art of Bullshit. And since no one knows of this angel by the name of Edrick Mercant, well, we have a clean slate to weave a new bullshit story.
I wouldn't worry about that. The Codex has demonstrated the ability to somehow fuck up Shulgi-proof plans and troll a goddess twice, so even if the Goddesses here wanted to do that, chances are Erd will disappoint/defy them somehow.

Zwist

Learned
Fun read, but you guys don't fuck up enough.

But do not fret, I'm here now.

DC

D: just to many fun uses. And no risks at all. Win-win.

C: The males are hostages/potential test subjects of course.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Final tally:

A - 0
B - 5
C - 1
D - 11

A - 5
B - 6
C - 5

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom