Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter System Shock 1 Remake by Nightdive Studios

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
He will "bring modern AAA quality into the world of System Shock" :M

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
MCA is becoming the official Kickstarter mascot or something?

e3a9e7435a0eccdabed08f1d35c0d6cf_original.png

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
  • Scope Features
    → $900k Goal: Modern Inventory Management, Modern Controls, New Puzzles, Updated Faithful Levels, Game Difficulty Modes.
    $1.7m Goal : Enemy limb dismemberment, More puzzles, Ammo types/weapon settings, Vending machines, Basic crafting/research, RPG leveling with perks/skills, Weapon upgrading, Hardcore mode (No respawning), Ironman mode (Only 1 savegame. If you die, the save is deleted)
e17699c2c75c1442cec537478f2001ee_original.gif

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
steam://install/487390

Demo is up, 1.2GB install; 431MB download. Found on Neogaf.

Edit: You have to copy and paste it to your browser. Dunno why ":" keeps disapearing from the hyperlink. :(

Aside from my CPU sounding like it's dying from immolation and having to drop the resolution to 1280x720, that demo wasn't bad. We've seen it already elsewhere but it's clearly not just raping blatantly shitty reboot. And yes, Polygon is just that bad - gun aimed fine when I tried it, even though it seems to be somewhere in the same class as Imperial Guard's flashlights as far as damage output goes. Stick to your trusty pipe.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
One of the easiest KS pledges for me. Too bad I don't have $10,000 lying around to get a signed copy of the Collector's Edition Box... :roll:.

Will pledge more if when we have a Codex fundraiser here... I want a chance to get the Citadel Station model!!!*

Though DarkUnderlord still never agreed to send me the TToN statuette even after besting the RPG Watch 3-0... :outrage:

Last edited:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
$1.7m Goal : Enemy limb dismemberment, More puzzles, Ammo types/weapon settings, Vending machines, Basic crafting/research, RPG leveling with perks/skills, Weapon upgrading, Hardcore mode (No respawning), Ironman mode (Only 1 savegame. If you die, the save is deleted)

DON'T GIVE THEM MORE THAN 1.7 MILLION

pippin

Almost everything of the extra shit sounds like... well... shit.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Tried the demo. It would be wrong of me to criticize the game based on the demo, but there are a few things worth pointing out.

# When you reach the Saturn view, look up. You'll see the rest of Citadel Station looming above you. With all groves present, seemingly.

# I'm pretty certain that the Sun is NOT that bright when you're as far away from it as Saturn is.

# The station spins, so the exterior view changes. If anyone has more patience than I, maybe they can check if anything comes into view.

EDIT: LOL, now I have a legit complaint: When you complete the demo, it opens up the browser to take you to the Kickstarter page. When I tried to uninstall the demo, however, it wouldn't let me, and when I shut down Steam to force it to terminate...it shut down the browser. :M

Perkel

Arcane
DON'T GIVE THEM MORE THAN 1.7 MILLION

huh ? seems like upgrade to me. Who doesn't want more types of ammo ?

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ethical Restraints Removed is sounds pretty decent, though DnB would sound stupid in-game if I wasn't in combat (like with Med/Sci 1). I like the remixed Opening theme. But no, orchestral music has no place on Catedil Station. At least not something that sounds THAT orchestral should be played, I think Black Mesa managed the more melancholic tracks with strings to fit in with the game better.
Also, special voiced audiologs placed in the game as a backer reward for those who have nothing better to do with their money. Getting PoE flashbacks yet?
I hope this gets funded, but that it doesn't reach its stretch goals. I fear all the new shit they are promising and throwing in will disrupt the levels and gameplay balance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom