Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Stupid/Insane Player Characters in RPGs

BobtheTree

Savant
I'm wondering if any RPGs did the stupid character thing like the (good) Fallout games have done, giving you completely different dialogue options if you have low intelligence. So far, it seems to me the only RPGs that have this are the following:

Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Arcanum

On a semi-related note, I was also curious if any other RPGs that let the player character be insane like being a Malkavian in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. I know there's the Malkavian mod for Deus Ex, but was wondering if any other games had this feature.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
x6a3d.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
I sadly consider it a dead end as far as character systems go.
There is no way to ensure that supposedly sane character won't act completely bonkers, or that a supposed moron won't consistently set up brilliant solutions to combat and noncombat situations.

Intelligence and sanity can't be systemically boxed in, you need another intelligent or sane agent for that.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
NWN OC rewrote every single dialogue and journal entry for dumb-speak (<9 Int). Campaign-wide there is no mention that you are dumb, let alone reactivity to it.

:retarded:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NWN OC rewrote every single dialogue and journal entry for dumb-speak (<9 Int). Campaign-wide there is no mention that you are dumb, let alone reactivity to it.

:retarded:
Didn't the starting tutorial characters make some remark about it? Didn't matter much in SoU or HoTU either, did it?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Not to my knowledge. Also, SoU and HotU don't implement dumb-speak.

Walden

Savant
I had to take some drugs to lower my INT and PER stats in order to play Oblivion, does it count?

Walden

Savant
I had to take some drugs to lower my INT and PER stats in order to play Oblivion, does it count?
I'm sad to say that there are no such drugs. You are just an idiot.
I could offer a million answers -- all false. The truth is that I'm a bad person. But, that's gonna change -- I'm going to change. This is the last of that sort of thing. Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The character progression, the c&c, the fucking big world building. The good writing, good stats, no enemy scaling, dental insurance, non-linearity, no housing shit, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day kickstarters die.

23607_o.gif

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
You can play retard in every Bethesda's game after Morrowind.

My Skyrim character was pants-on-head retarded. Also my Jedi in both KOTOR's was a bit crazy. The sanest characters that I've ever made, were in FA2 and Bloodlines. That says a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom