Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unhealthy interest in sales figures

Hegel

Arcane
Close enough, I'm a bit younger.

Mustawd

Hegel is Ray Stevenson?
Close enough, I'm a bit younger.

1722aaf341e630e28b752ce589e85fed.jpg
10791.jpg

Nice gold chain. Make sure you don't OG. OverGold.

Trashos

Arcane
I think he must be based on Beckham?

I am not much into visual arts (so maybe I don't know what I am talking about), but AoD portraits are probably my favorite ones in any RPG ever.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
So now that summer sale is over at GOG, was -50% worth it Vault Dweller? Currently AoD is on 48th place on GOG which doesn't tell me much.
I can't really comment on GoG sales as I have a feeling GoG has a stricter policy. In general, we have to offer the same discount on both platforms. We couldn't run a 25% off on GoG and then run 50% on Steam a couple of weeks later.

Perkel

Arcane
45,168 copies, gross revenues $1,030,347, avg $22.81 per copy, wishlist 130,513

congratz VD you achieved your goal of 45k coppies. With AoD and next games you will create nice steady portfolio stream of money that will save us plebians from shitty rpg future.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So now that summer sale is over at GOG, was -50% worth it Vault Dweller? Currently AoD is on 48th place on GOG which doesn't tell me much.
I can't really comment on GoG sales as I have a feeling GoG has a stricter policy. In general, we have to offer the same discount on both platforms. We couldn't run a 25% off on GoG and then run 50% on Steam a couple of weeks later.
Feeling?

Keep us updated after the steam summer sale.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I'll take it as a "no, it was not worth it" then. Good to know you will be doing a 50% sale on Steam too though (although that was to be expected).

It's probably more than that but JudasIscariot is watching. They probably get less from every copy on GOG than on Steam too. I still prefer GOG over Steam though.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Keep us updated after the steam summer sale.
I will post the overall numbers after the Steam sale.

I'll take it as a "no, it was not worth it" then. Good to know you will be doing a 50% sale on Steam too though (although that was to be expected).
It's not really that black-n-white: worth it, not worth it. A good sale is always worth it. Roughly, we almost doubled our GoG sales (number of copies sold), but AoD isn't a top seller so it won't show up on top selling charts. In general, it's time to go to 50% off and there was absolutely no reason to exclude GoG and its playerbase.

It's probably more than that but JudasIscariot is watching.
The agreement states that we shouldn't share such info. While I don't think that GoG will terminate our relationship if we post our sales data, I don't want to test it for no reason either. I can post the overall sales that come from 4 sites as I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.

They probably get less from every copy on GOG than on Steam too. I still prefer GOG over Steam though.
I don't look at it this way either. It's extra sales that we wouldn't have otherwise, extra audience, etc. The average price is fairly high though, $23.86 after the 50% off sale. Only 25 refunds in 8 months.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well i convinced 2 buddies to buy AoD in this sale.
I hangs out most in gamefaqs, more people are starting to talk more about it, i mean aside from me, it used to be just 2-3 people talking and occasionally promoting it in recommendation topics, now i see more.

Hope it is a good sign

Vault Dweller

Developer
54,664 copies sold, $1,191,901.98 in revenues, $21.80 avg. price per copy.

The way things are going we might be able to hit 70-75k copies sold by the end of the year.

Trias_Betrayed

Scholar
Hopefully, you deserve it. Probably the first RPG I felt truly engrossed in since Torment, though I haven't enjoyed the replays as much as I do some other things. Not sure why, just felt like once was enough. Still worth the price tag on one play-through, though.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hopefully, you deserve it. Probably the first RPG I felt truly engrossed in since Torment, though I haven't enjoyed the replays as much as I do some other things. Not sure why, just felt like once was enough.
How come? All the classes are different.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
54,664 copies sold, $1,191,901.98 in revenues, $21.80 avg. price per copy.

The way things are going we might be able to hit 70-75k copies sold by the end of the year.
You've sold almost 10,000 copies since mid-May? I find that pretty impressive! :thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom