Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie DrDungeon's Ultizurk and MADMAN Thread

animlboogy

Learned
Finally! Amid the sea of poop-themed games and Unity asset store trash, something decent managed to get greenlit.

DrDungeon

Developer
I'm working on this now. There's quite a lot of stuff to do to actually get it on the store! I'm studying all the tutorials, etc. Don't have an exact time. In the meantime, I've added
a few enhancements for the Steam version based on player feedback from those who I gave copies to, or got it from my site:
- Inventory is now expanded! Twice as much stuff! All you need to do is click a new bag icon.
- Now supports windowed mode! On most monitors. Good if there's any resolution problems as well as to keep open a word processor to write those
rave reviews while playing!
- Combat is now much faster, yet still adjustable. Originally, I thought combat would be easier for the player if it ran quite a bit slower than
normal movement, but not really. Its much faster now and should be a big help on slower PC's.

That's it for now. Will keep posted! Thanks again for all the support guys!

P.S. I just got the "devil's" brofist award. What's that?

m_s0

Arcane
That's good news, although I still can't get the demo to run on my Windows 8.1 :/ Looking at the file dates it hasn't been updated for year - is that correct? How's the compatibility these days?

The best I've managed to get is an 'exception_access_violation' error message after I fiddle with the compatibility options, but when I launch it by default it just stays 'running' in the background, eating up my CPU. Anyone managed to get it working?

DrDungeon

DrDungeon

Developer
Hi m_so! The 1.1 version is very new. You likely have 1.0 which is the same minus the double inventory, etc. If you can drop me an email, I can connect you with dropbox,
where I have a little program called rescheck2.exe

It checks the graphic interface between OpenGL and the video card. If it works, then likely the main game is not finding your appdata directory, which I could then check into.
The rescheck doesn't seek the appdata dir, just the graphics, so that could help me nail down what's going on.
It worked fine on my own 8.1 and also when I upgraded to 10, as well as my XP and Vista PC's so I'm curious why this is happening.
Contact me at lotcyclops@aol.com Once I have your email, I can add you to the dropbox directory. You don't need to download the dropbox app - you can get the file right from the site.
Let me know, and thanks for bringing this to my attention. -Rob

Infinitron - thanks for the heads up. The devil's brofist is pretty cool!

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
For the ones who already bought it, do they get also a steam key in the near future? I bought your game via Humble Bundle, wouldn't mind a key.

DrDungeon

Developer
A lot of guys here on the codex are going to get keys once its up! The game wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for everyone's support here on the codex, so its the least I can do.
I'm not sure how long it will be until its up on Steam but I would guess a couple weeks. There's a lot of stuff to do through their Steamworks SDK and a slew of tutorials I'm learning
right now.

In truth, I'm hoping to get this done soon because I'm itching to crack down on Ultizurk IV! Already got an all-new prototype engine up and running and
anxious to get back to the lab and back to work! -Dr. D.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thanks awesome, tnx!
Great to see you motivated again. Keep that spirit up.

PeeWee

Augur
To m_s0:
What is the current situation? Have your problems been solved? Did you contact Dr. Dungeon? Did he fix this so other people will not have the same problem?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
To m_s0:
What is the current situation? Have your problems been solved? Did you contact Dr. Dungeon? Did he fix this so other people will not have the same problem?

To tag a poster, you put an @ in front of their name, like m_s0

m_s0

Arcane
Actually, I got sidetracked and never ended up getting in touch.

I've just sent DrDungeon an e-mail.

DrDungeon

Developer
Got your letter, m_sO. Try downloading the res checker in dropbox. It will help me determine if this is a graphics issue or something else. I'll check up on the access error and get
back to you in the email. -Dr. D.

DrDungeon

Developer
Side note! I'm a little delayed in getting madman up on Steam as my bank decided to go through a major merger! Might need to wait a month or so until everything with the accounts, etc.,
is settled. Its always on the site if anyone wants to try in the meantime. -Dr. D.

PeeWee

Augur
Hello, m_s0 and Dr. Dungeon.

Dr. Dungeon told me he has not heard back from m_s0 so as for now there is nothing to fix. It is most likely a problem on his / her computer. What he added to version 1.1 of "MadMan" was a new panel to allow windowed mode. Also doubled up the inventory by adding a bag icon like in the old DOS version of "MadMan". Finally the combat speed is faster. Right now Dr. Dungeon is holding off with Steam because the first step is to enter stuff like bank information. His bank is in the middle of a name change so Dr. Dungeon needs to wait until that is all finalized. Then Dr. Dungeon can get "MadMan" up on Steam at last. Dr. Dungeon does not know if m_s0 has run the resolution-checker. The thing is the resolution-checker does not check for any appdata directories or anything. It just tests the graphics. If it crashes right away, then it is likely a video card problem. If not, then it might be a problem with the part that looks for the appdata folder. This is a windows API call function. The thing is the error exception_access_violation is a complicated error and can have many causes. m_s0 needs to take certain steps if Dr. Dungeon is to help him / her. That is what Dr. Dungeon told me.

1 For what I understand, m_s0 got sidetracked, causing a delay.
2 For what I understand, there are 2 things Dr. Dungeon wants to do:
- Dr. Dungeon wants to finish version 1.1 of the new "MadMan"
- Dr. Dungeon wants to sell the new "MadMan" through "Steam"
3 For what I understand, there are 2 things delaying this:
- Dr. Dungeon needs to help m_s0 out (not just for m_s0 but also so other people will not have the same trouble again)
- Dr. Dungeon needs to wait until his bank’s name change and / or the rest of the bank’s trouble is over

Note:
Dr. Dungeon has not told me so, but I guess Dr. Dungeon needs to fix m_s0’s trouble also so nobody will have this trouble in "ULTIZURK IV: Lord of the Cyclops". I hope Dr. Dungeon and m_s0 are not waiting for the other one to do anything / say anything.

PeeWee

Augur
What happened to the brofisting? Many posts used to say something like this and that person brofists this, but now this has gone. What happened?

m_s0

Have you downloaded the resolution-checker?

m_s0

Arcane
Sorry for the delay guys, but I didn't receive any response to my initial June e-mail... Feel free to pm me here with the link and I'll be happy to help.

PeeWee DrDungeon

PeeWee

Augur
m_s0 DrDungeon I have just sent a PM to m_s0 and I have just sent an e-mail to Dr. Dungeon. I suppose Dr. Dungeon cannot do anything else without more information about m_s0’s computer. I hope Dr. Dungeon can connect m_s0 to Dropbox, m_s0 can download the resolution-checker and m_s0 can send Dr. Dungeon an e-mail with the results. I hope the two of you are not each waiting for the other one to do anything. Also, see my previous two posts. By the way, I do not know anything new about Dr. Dungeon’s bank.

DrDungeon

Developer
m_sO - I have two names in the madman folder but I don't remember if one was you? You would have gotten some sort of invite from dropbox. You don't need to download dropbox - you can just d-load from the site.
The res checker is small so I could probably email it to you if you want to write me at lotcyclops@aol.com

Also, if you could email some detail on what sort of computer and hardware you have, it would help. Some of my programming buddies may have had similar issues on similar configurations. -Rob

m_s0

Arcane
I've looked through my mailbox and it looks like I didn't get anything - no dropbox invites either. I sent another e-mail - if you could respond to it and post here afterwards I'll make sure to check this thread to determine whether it got caught in my spam filter or something if nothing reaches me again.

DrDungeon

DrDungeon

Developer
Soon. Seeing what happens now that there's the new Steam Direct and how it affects already greenlit games. Sorry been so long guys - been busy with other stuff lately.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom