Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Enter the Matrix / Path of Neo

I'm a huge fan of Shiny Entertainment, escepcially for MKD1 which I consider best tpp shooter of all time.

So it's strange still haven't tried their latest productions like two Matrix titles plus Golden Compass. Are there any good and what's more, do they have dat incredible Shiny's level of weirdness and creativity?

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Enter the Matrix can be good for one playthrough if you really want some 3d fighting game + backstory. It was during the Matrix Reloaded premiere, and there are some live action plot cutscenes exclusively made only for game. The horrible shitty awful vehicle sections are painful though, and look horrible. I never finished it due to some crashes. I recommend pad if you want to really be feel the combat system and use it effectively. The Ghost running animation, one of the characters that you can choose (other is Niobe) is hillarious. Play it if you really like Matrix franchise.

I've tried playing Path of Neo out of curiosity, but it belongs to shovelware museum, and it should stay there. In the darkest corner.

Last edited:

BobtheTree

Savant
I quite liked both of them. They're a bit janky, but there are some great moments in both. Path of Neo is much better IMHO. Some really creative level designs. Also, making you chose the difficulty by playing a level and then seeing where you died is something I wish other games would do.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Enter the Matrix is alright. It's not a bad game. Some of the fighting is pretty cool. Yeah, the story isn't bad either. I finished it with both playthroughs. Been so long that I don't remember much other than running away from those Agents in some construction zone.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Enter the Matrix was bad, like real bad, like so bad it's good.
Make sure to disable the hw audio acceleration or you'll have to suffer hard crashes later in the game.

On the other hand, Path of Neo only had one good thing -- some music tracks were pretty nice. The rest was horrible beyond repair.

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Can't comment on Path of Neo, But I remember having fond memories of Enter the Matrix,

Those phoned in cutscenes, that janky gameplay, and most importantly that wopping 8 hours of content. It was shit, but still pretty fun as a broke 12 year old.

Cadmus

Arcane
Enter the Matrix had a pretty fun combat system, awesome animations and good music.
I'm still amazed by how shit the cutscenes are and how shit the actors act in them, that's some amateur shit there.
I don't think you'll find many games with more fun hand to hand combat on PC.

Objectively, you can probably say it's utter shit, the driving missions are horrendous, the graphics not really good, controls pretty shitty, technically the game is like a Beta version but it's fun imo.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
The driving in Enter the Matrix was hilariously bugged. At one moment the cars started to jitter like crazy. I also remember how the creators of this game were salivating as if this game was about to be groundbreaking and change gaming forever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom