Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Monster Trucks

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

wjw

Augur
1. Our master is blind, so its only natural he developed some basic superpowers to defeat ruffians.
+ We dont want our existence known to these Mithridactics.
+ Its safe to assume that Imbeyal doesnt want us involved.
+ more personal drama if something happens to our master.
-The information we want is about our master being recalled. Yet, he doesnt want to share that story.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can we just shoot a few spells and then run for it? Or shoot a few spells back while running for it?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Can we just shoot a few spells and then run for it? Or shoot a few spells back while running for it?
As a necromancer I don't think we have any spells which can be 'shot'. Unless you count animating a dead bird and flinging it at the opponent.

Anyway, I vote 1

Esquilax

Arcane
1. Our master is blind, so its only natural he developed some basic superpowers to defeat ruffians.
+ We dont want our existence known to these Mithridactics.
+ Its safe to assume that Imbeyal doesnt want us involved.
+ more personal drama if something happens to our master.
-The information we want is about our master being recalled. Yet, he doesnt want to share that story.

I agree with this. Furthermore, even if you intend on taking our master down in some way, Sith-style, now is just not the time. First, whoever is chasing him thinks that we are a nobody, they likely assume we are an envoy according to Imbeyal. Second, while I'm sure he probably has some ulterior motives and is likely keeping a few details from us, I don't really see what exactly we'd do about it by getting involved in this little skirmish that he can likely easily handle.

Also, a little detail stood out to me:

You ask me this? You, whose Persian friends are convinced untamed magic will usher in the end of the world?”

All expression flees from Jukka’s face, who, still being a novice to intrigue, is unaware this is quite telling in itself.

I may lack eyes but I am not blind, pupil. Restrain your impertinent tongue. You may think yourself no longer my apprentice, but I remain your master. You will do as I bid.”

He didn't say that he lacks eyesight, rather, that he lacks eyes. Given the nature of our school of magic, involving flesh as much as it does, perhaps our master plucked his own eyes out to augment his power in some way.

Edit: Actually, I've changed my mind. We are under no obligation to follow his order, and in all honesty, I kinda do want to learn more about our master's situation, as well as any potential details that he may be keeping from us - details that I am certain he is downplaying. If it suddenly puts us on the Mithridatic's radar, then so be it. Being a Wizard is not for the timid. :obviously:

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
1: The master put the pupil in his place. He should follow instructions.

Unwanted

Endlösung

Unwanted
root, started reading Blindsight with Jukka Sarasti (decorated hard scifi novel... supposedly). Its not going well. Is it gonna get better later?

edit

Blindsight gets better towards the middle. Decent first contact exploration with a bit of xcom fanfic, a bit dumb and the characters suck though.

edit

Finished the book. Its barely decent, nah, actually wouldnt read again if it was a full novel. Chars mostly cardboard, unrealistic, start and ending shit. The good stuff happens in the middle. But there is also plain dumb stuff, spoilers, aliens can turn invisible by moving only in the saccadic pauses of the human eye movement. Except that would not turn them invisible but only static and only to a minimal degree. The vampire shtick is also pointless and retarded.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom