Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Planescape: Torment - Vhailor interactions in Sigil?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You get Vhailor fairly late in PS:T, and most hardc0re RPGerz will have done every quest they can in Sigil before reaching him. I was wondering, does he get any unique interactions in Sigil if you save some quests for the pre-endgame when you return there?

Neanderthal

Arcane
Not sure if i'm rememberin right but I don't think he can be recruited to aid in Mourns for Trees ques, you know believin in Ash trees in Hive. Don't even get option to ask him.

Gunnar

Arbiter
That's a good question... I can't think of any, but I can confirm that Vhailor will not agree to help the trees, and he has no tale to tell in the Brothel.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Speakin o which, you know skeleton 42 that Nameless put in Mortuary, walks in circle around big pit on second floor, responds to your voice an crosses its arms. Is it worth savin that interaction until you've got Stories Bones Tell from Stale Mary? I don't think i've ever done so an I wondered if he had any unique conversation, or whether he's just too far gone like most on em.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Speakin o which, you know skeleton 42 that Nameless put in Mortuary, walks in circle around big pit on second floor, responds to your voice an crosses its arms. Is it worth savin that interaction until you've got Stories Bones Tell from Stale Mary? I don't think i've ever done so an I wondered if he had any unique conversation, or whether he's just too far gone like most on em.

I did try this once but it was a very long time ago. To the best of my recollection he doesn't have any additional flavor text. All I can remember is being slightly disappointed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It would in general be interesting to do a playthrough where you try to do the absolute minimum number of things before reaching the pre-endgame. Then wander around and do everything after you already know the score about Ravel, TTO, etc. How well would the game handle that?

Athelas

Arcane
It would in general be interesting to do a playthrough where you try to do the absolute minimum number of things before reaching the pre-endgame. Then wander around and do everything after you already know the score about Ravel, TTO, etc. How well would the game handle that?
It wouldn't be much different. Most of the memories you trigger in PS:T are bits of fluff that don't hold important information, which in hindsight was a smart deisgn decision. Also, you don't discover why you became immortal, what you did to Deionarra and other pertinent facts until the Fortress of Regrets, which you obviously can't return from.

The biggest change is probably that after you return, those NPC's who were extensions of Ravel all disappear for obvious reasons, except for Mebbeth, who you find on her deathbed.

In terms of maximizing content, one thing you want to do is rush to get the bronze sphere for Pharod without talking to anyone, since Annah has a lot to say when you talk to NPC's in the Hive, or even some of the corpses in the tombs.

Last edited:

Mozg

Arcane
If there is some mod or console or something I could use to put the dude in the party right off the slab without having to do some contorted playthrough I could use it as an excuse for a run

Lios

Cipher
My memory is probably failing me because the last time I brought Vhailor to Sigil for laughs was years ago, but weren't there some mercykillers in the Burning Corpse (or whatever was named) Bar? I think if you went there with Vhailor they were like "Wtf Is this Vhailor?" but nothing much, more like a line or two?

Grimnir

Novice
It wouldn't be much different. Most of the memories you trigger in PS:T are bits of fluff that don't hold important information, which in hindsight was a smart deisgn decision. Also, you don't discover why you became immortal, what you did to Deionarra and other pertinent facts until the Fortress of Regrets, which you obviously can't return from.

IIRC, you can confess to Deionarra's father about what really happened to her.

Turrul

Augur

I suppose the Nameless One remembers that he ditched Deionarra in some messed up place somewhere around mid-game, but he only learns/remembers the reason and details in Fortress of Regrets. IIRC there wasn't much you could tell his father because you didn't know much. Of course I haven't replayed this game for years so don't take my word for it.

I really have to replay PS:T, is evil asshole playthrough worth it?

Gunnar

Arbiter
I really have to replay PS:T, is evil asshole playthrough worth it?

Theres a few evil things you can do. Follow the Grimoire of Pestilential Thought questline in which you sacrifice a party member. You can also give up Morte to the Pillar. Join the Chaosmen/Anarchists. There are some other small things like convincing Awaiting-Death to kill himself. Of course being evil locks you out of some nifty items. If you've never tried it, might as well go for it. Solo playthrough can also be fun.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
You get Vhailor fairly late in PS:T, and most hardc0re RPGerz will have done every quest they can in Sigil before reaching him. I was wondering, does he get any unique interactions in Sigil if you save some quests for the pre-endgame when you return there?

Of all PS:T characters Vhailor is clearly the least developed and there is a notable scarcity of end-game content in Sigil so I don't think that's the case.

But then again after 6 playthroughs I still found new things to discover, so who knows.

Athelas

Arcane
I'm pretty sure that's from a mostly fan-written mod, which you can select when you install one of Qwinn's mods. I played with it once and I didn't really like the new writing. Anyway, without that mod, TNO has no way of knowing precisely what happened until he goes to the Fortress of Regrets.

I do remember Vhailor will flip out and attack you if you have him in the party when you confess to her father that your previous incarnation killed Deionarra, which was cool (and that was actually restored content IIRC).

Last edited:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I'm pretty sure that's from a mostly fan-written mod, which you can select when you install one of Qwinn's mods. I played with it once and I didn't really like the new writing. Anyway, without that mod, TNO has no way of knowing precisely what happened until he goes to the Fortress of Regrets.

I do remember Vhailor will flip out and attack you if you have him in the party when you confess to her father that your previous incarnation killed Deionarra, which was cool (and that was actually restored content IIRC).

Wasn't there a dialog with him which identified to him who you are? After that you could direct him to a sensory stone with your memory of Deionarra. I have never played with mods but I have vague recollection of things going like this.

Grimnir

Novice

Wait, so the modder wrote those lines and passed it off as 'restored' content?

My memory is probably failing me because the last time I brought Vhailor to Sigil for laughs was years ago, but weren't there some mercykillers in the Burning Corpse (or whatever was named) Bar? I think if you went there with Vhailor they were like "Wtf Is this Vhailor?" but nothing much, more like a line or two?

I remember bringing Vhailor to that bar and being disappointed that they didn't acknowledge his presence. They were suppose to be his fanboys.

Neanderthal

Arcane

Wait, so the modder wrote those lines and passed it off as 'restored' content?

Nah Quinn clearly states when hes written someat, an it stands out, think only bits he did were a bit o teeth conversation an Kesai Serris bit in Undersigil. Not sure though, check documentation. Might be a bit in Pendant of Yemeth quest, but I thought that were dogs bollocks.

Vanilla Torment after viewin Deionarra's sensory stone in Private Sensorium an experiencin shared vision of Practical Incarnation manipulatin her into comin with him you can tell her dad, an get doorman o Sensates to allow old fella entry to sensorium to see it hissen.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom