Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial 2007 - A Year in Review

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cthulhugoat said:
I know any jab at Oblivion is a good one, but did any of you staffers really played Lolling Isles? Just askin'.

Anyway, excellent read.

I did. It had good ambitions, but the horrible HORRIBLE voice acting ruined it, together with the problems that Oblivion already had. Just see it as a game with a good setting, but Oblivion's boring gameplay and the worst voice acting ever made. Really.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Durwyn said:
Very good review... liked it a lot!

And some ninja-question for Codex staff... When will we see the interview with Afterfall devs ?

Calis said:
It's that time of the year again, and in sharp contrast to previous editions, we review the year before it's even at its end! Something important had better not happen the next few days.

Guess that answers your question.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Great read, thanks.

You could have included some more sarcasm and jokes though. (If your irony detector goes bonkers now it works as well as Bender's gay detector.)

Spazmo

Erudite
Great article and a nice summary of all the happenings I stopped following when it got too depressing (although I am going to get MotB on your recommendation, hivemind). It wasn't as good as my articles used to be, obviously, but still, nice work altogether.

Gnidrologist said:
The worst In Review article so far concerning the style. Not that it was bad per se, but much worse compared to ''teh good old times''.
Bring Spazmo or at least VD back.

I like this guy. Who is this guy? Doesn't matter, I like him.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Section8 said:
The ghost of Spazmo is here to teach us a valuable lesson about the true spirit of Christmas!

It's New Year's, dude. Did you get drunk enough to forget the holiday?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I think Spazmo is maekin an sarcastic joek on me. I don like hem anymore. *sob*

Anyway, seriously, as seriously as it can be on codex - the review was good in terms of this year's evaluation, but it was just boring to read.
Most of us know quite well what will be said in any given ''year in review by codex'' article anyway. We read it for the lulz and entertainment, which was somehow not up to the par this time.
IMO, god damn..

Solaris

Scholar
2007 was looking like a real mediocre year (rpg-wise) until MotB and The Witcher came along....thank fuck for those two.

Keldorn

Scholar
That was simply an exhaustive and dynamic summation. A perfect mix of justified praise and bigwig bashing. That magnificent review had it ALL. It had expressivity, uniqueness, style, dynamics, creativity, insight, accuracy, humor, free-form flair, while still delivering adequate congruity and concision.

But most importantly, the review had teeth ! GROWL !!! The kind of youthful & anarchistic teeth only a true Codexian can hone and maintain.

PRAISE.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Volourn said:
Not enough ME; but otherwise good article.

You can't be mentioned in every article Volly dear..

Spazmo said:
Great article and a nice summary of all the happenings I stopped following when it got too depressing (although I am going to get MotB on your recommendation, hivemind). It wasn't as good as my articles used to be, obviously, but still, nice work altogether.

Now it's less depressing, you coming back? We lost VD in case you missed that episode of Codexenders. Oh and you should also try The Witcher as well!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"You can't be mentioned in every article Volly dear.."

L0L

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom