Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

steam time. real in-game time, as clearly explained, is half of that.

Gerrard

Arcane
Well you might be doing shit not in missions so not all of it is AFK.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Some of my favorite Fashionframes:

92369e6d14.png

Gerrard

Arcane
Man, I finally completed Ash Prime and he looks like ass, can't even make a good looking black-red theme on him compared to the normal version, the material makes colors look washed out.
I really fucking hate how materials affect colors and make matching colors between frame/attachments sometimes impossible.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Man, I finally completed Ash Prime and he looks like ass, can't even make a good looking black-red theme on him compared to the normal version, the material makes colors look washed out.
I really fucking hate how materials affect colors and make matching colors between frame/attachments sometimes impossible.

If you have a decent selection of palettes, it's usually possible to force a match. For example, the material of Vauban Prime is matte and/or leather and metal, while the Citadella Prime Syandana is cloth and metal. The cloth shows colors much more brightly. Identical colors look very different on them in various kinds of lighting. However, the right shade of grey (rather than white) and deep reddish-orange (rather than bright reddish-orange) on the syandana will create a match in any lighting.

Anyway, red and black edgelord trAsh Primes are a no-no. I haven't actually used Ash since many MRs ago, but that's why I came up with locust-looking color scheme.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Here's an interesting build I've been using alongside Hikou Prime w/Concealed Explosives (plus mandatory mods, Gunslinger, Ammo Mutation, Ice Storm):

Basically, you cast Spore on something and then spam Hikou Prime, and it spreads shitloads of viral procs and damage ticks across an extremely large area very quickly. You'll see numbers everywhere, almost like the old days of Mag's Shield Polarize. Regenerative Molt adds far more survivability than most damage frames can lay claim to.

Bring a Nova along too and it's game over for enemies up to level 80ish.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Basically, you cast Spore on something and then spam Hikou Prime, and it spreads shitloads of viral procs and damage ticks across an extremely large area very quickly

Duuuude, using fast firing throwing stars with concealed assplosives mod to quickly spread spore goodness is Saryn's meta for aaaages now.
You just don't see people using it that often, since Ember's WoF deftly outperforms it until enemies reach very high level, when the 50% HP reduction from the viral proc becomes a real boon.
At lower levels they just viral their mold and go afk. Or they just use ASS' bladestorm being lazy buggers they are.

I really liked Saryn Prime when I got my lobster claws on her, being "different", but others are just... more efficient.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
You just don't see people using it that often, since Ember's WoF deftly outperforms it until enemies reach very high level, when the 50% HP reduction from the viral proc becomes a real boon.

Nah. I was actually on Stofler with a proper Ember Prime (and no one else) when I tried it out for the first time, and I managed twice the damage and at least 50% more kills. That was in spite of the fact that all the viral procs should help to increase WoF's kill count.

Paperclip

Liturgist
I tried Warframe once but got instantly bored because each character/Warframe only has 4 skills....

Please help me understand why it is so popular and you guys like it.

because skills are a support, not the base. the base is "dodge, dip, dive, duck and dodge", run around, try new weapons, customize them, pick which enemies to attack first and how to attack them, gotta go fast, learn to run through every room as fast as possible...
it's an incredibly deep action game, but it's an action game.

Endemic

Arcane
I tried Warframe once but got instantly bored because each character/Warframe only has 4 skills....

Please help me understand why it is so popular and you guys like it.

It gets better once you pick up some mods for creating different builds, and unlock the focus system (which adds more skills and passives). There are some skill synergies that you won't discover while playing solo. Join a good clan :)

I play in short bursts to avoid getting burned out on the game.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Heads up, Nyx Prime + Scindo P and Hikou P are getting vaulted in two weeks: https://warframe.com/news/last-chance-for-nyx-prime-relics

Then again, odds are most of us have a mountain of those relics (that's actually a pretty neat quality of the new system now that it's getting more exposure).

EDIT: Also, syndie melee weapons confirmed:

Melee Syndicate Weapons

Syndicate Melee weapons are finally coming!

- Perrin Sequence Lecta

- Red Veil Dark Dagger/Split Sword

- New Loka Magistar

- Arbiters of Hexis Boltace

- Steel Meridian Sydon

- Cephalon Suda Heliocor

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I've got five Scindo sets, five Hikou sets, and six Nyx sets stockpiled for six months from now (or whenever, probably after my next hiatus) when the supply really starts to tank.

Scindo will reach 100-150p, easily. Nyx might reach 200-250p even though no one uses Nyx, and who knows about Hikou?

By the way, don't start playing this game now. It's basically a pyramid scheme at this point, with a lot of older stuff held hostage in veteran players' inventories in exactly the way I've just described, though there are very occasional (every six months) and brief re-releases.

well, luckily prime stuff is not mandatory, just a little bonus.
most of the times :-"
new stuff will replace the old, maybe stopping the power creep or furthering it. in both cases newbies aren't damaged.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
They nerfed regular Saryn's armor when they reworked her so that they could "increase" it for the Prime variant. That's what telecom monopolies do here in the US: They decrease the Internet speeds you've had for the last five years, then sell you "increased" speeds (i.e. the same as before) at a higher price.

Primes may technically be optional, but the weapons especially are better than their normal counterparts and they're also worth a lot of Mastery. Mastery isn't just e-peen, either. It confers more loadout slots, more daily trades, unlocks weapons with MR requirements, makes leveling Forma'd weapons substantially easier, and allows you to gain more Syndicate, Conclave, and Simaris reputation per day.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, if only armor mattered for anyone except 2-3 frames that could be an issue. The player health vs enemy damage aspect in Warframe is one of the worst designed parts of gameplay mechanics.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Yeah, if only armor mattered for anyone except 2-3 frames that could be an issue. The player health vs enemy damage aspect in Warframe is one of the worst designed parts of gameplay mechanics.

It does matter for Saryn, because survivability (for a caster) is one of her fundamental mechanics, and Molt, Regenerative Molt, Health, and optionally Armor builds are important aspects of her kit. Saryn Prime's EHP with R10 Vitality is 1,918; Saryn's EHP with R10 Vitality is 1,764. EHP directly affects how effective Regenerative Molt is. Add Steel Fiber and the gulf widens further: 2,358 EHP for Saryn vs. 2,681 for Saryn Prime.

Anyway, if it didn't matter, why did they lower it so that they could increase it again later on the new version they wanted people to buy, you complete moron?

This is all beside the point. The point is that this game is a pyramid scheme, with everything handed to those who log in every day for years, to be held over the heads of newer players. True, you "don't need" the superior versions of so many Warframes and weapons, and yet it's incredibly manipulative because people will still want them. You "don't need" to play Warframe at all, either.

Gerrard

Arcane
I fully expect Desecrate to become useless now, somehow.

It does matter for Saryn, because survivability (for a caster) is one of her fundamental mechanics, and Molt, Regenerative Molt, Health, and optionally Armor builds are important aspects of her kit. Saryn Prime's EHP with R10 Vitality is 1,918; Saryn's EHP with R10 Vitality is 1,764. EHP directly affects how effective Regenerative Molt is. Add Steel Fiber and the gulf widens further: 2,358 EHP for Saryn vs. 2,681 for Saryn Prime.

Anyway, if it didn't matter, why did they lower it so that they could increase it again later on the new version they wanted people to buy, you complete moron?
Because it doesn't fucking matter, like I already said. 300HP is nothing.

Also you're retarded
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Saryn?oldid=471733
Revision as of 01:57, January 19, 2014
Armor 175.0

2 fucking years before prime was released.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Because it doesn't fucking matter, like I already said. 300HP is nothing.

Also you're retarded
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Saryn?oldid=471733
Revision as of 01:57, January 19, 2014
Armor 175.0

2 fucking years before prime was released.

But it does matter, dipshit. Some builds (quite a lot of them actually) only have 300 HP at all.

Also, that's the Wiki DEfense Force at work. I actually had Saryn when they implemented her re-nerf, and her armor was higher before. Check the official forum archives instead and you'll find people complaining about the armor reduction at the time.

Gerrard

Arcane
There are times when you can afford to have only 300HP, it's when your amount of HP is in no way related to your survivability. When you're actually depending on your health as a way of soaking up damage 300EHP will not buy you even half of a second of extra time against high level enemies.

At some point she used to have 190 armor which, at the time, was more than Rhino which was just dumb. Prime version still has more armor than that anyway. She also had less energy.

I fully expect Desecrate to become useless now, somehow.
+ItemDrop stuff is shit mechanic anyway, I hope they kill it.
At least you no longer need Natural Talent and do nothing but press 3. Issue is how the energy/health cost efficiency works out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom